News: Dallas Cowboys Cornerbacks

glimmerman

Reaction score
We have Jones in his 5th year option next year. It’s Woozy and Lewis 3rd year? Or 2nd? And not sure about Brown.

DezNuts

Reaction score
Chidobe is the only one staying longterm. Jones is gonna be too pricey for what he is, Brown will want big $$ as well. Don't think Lewis fits what Richard wants in a cb.

J12B

Reaction score
Jones and Browns contracts expire at the end of the 2019 season (1 year left)

Awuzie and Lewis contracts expire at the end of the 2020 season ( 2 years lefts)

None of them are a lock to get second contracts, although I would bet Jones and Awuzie both do. Brown and Lewis hit free agency.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
its going to be hard to tell. Jones played so good for us. Its just so nice having our CBs looking good as a corp. Im hoping they can rotate without dropping the level of play for the next 5 years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not many, turnovers are not our strong suit.
The defense is designed for quick pressure or bend but don't break. Does that then equate to shut down and great intensity? I doubt it, as a former linebacker.

A ton of tackles five yards down field, doesn't stop many teams, unless third down stops are a high percentage.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cowboys' Jourdan Lewis: Reduced role in 2018
Rotowire 12H ago
Lewis had 12 tackles (10 solo) and one interception in 15 games this season.

Lewis had a heavy workload during his rookie campaign in 2017, but he saw double-digit defensive snaps in only three games this season. The 23-year-old was entrenched as the Cowboys' No. 4 cornerback and worked mostly in dime packages. Lewis is likely to begin 2019 in a similar role with Chidobe Awuzie, Byron Jones and Anthony Brown all under contract next year.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/DAL/dallas-cowboys/

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I respect KR decisions, but id like to know why Lewis got such low playing time.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I respect KR decisions, but id like to know why Lewis got such low playing time.
Thanks for some directed conversation, guy...we all probably would. Ask someone at the Cowboys' home site to provide a clue...and share it.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is the first time I've liked our DBs since I can remember. I couldn't stand that last group we had. Those guys reminded me of when we had Michael Downs and Ron Fellows participating in the bird box challenge way back when.

conner01

Reaction score
Do these players carry the secondary for the next five seasons?:

Byron Jones

Anthony Brown

Jourdan Lewis

Chidobe Awuzie
Not likely
Second contracts will get too expensive
I figure two get them
Awuzie and Jones
They others play out and go

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not likely
Second contracts will get too expensive
I figure two get them
Awuzie and Jones
They others play out and go

Before I judge your statement, expand upon talents involved and direction of developments in the secondary.

conner01

Reaction score
Before I judge your statement, expand upon talents involved and direction of developments in the secondary.
I think the two with the most talent are jones and awuzie
You can’t keep all of them and I think they sign jones now and awauzie next year
I think they let the rest play out and leave
I love all 4 but it’s not likely you can keep them and the guts on the other side of the ball a Jaylon
Hopefully we can plug in their talent through the draft as they go