News: Dallas Cowboys Free Agency: The Cowboys Didn't Whiff On Anyone, They Just Avoided Price Wars

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
I have no problem with the boys sitting out the initial rush of FA. There will be good guys to sign later in the year if needed. The Draft is where our concentration needs to be right now.

Get into the front office now and make sure that they don't forget that going forward.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
And now he is gone and they picked up a draft pick swap

Teams dump their bad FAs, we hang on to them(Carr) and extend them(Free)

Teams dump their players when they have a viable option to replace them. It's not rocket surgery.

They have to dump them and deal with the dead money because they signed them to begin with. How long did the Dolphins stick with Wallace? How long do you think it will take them to dump Suh? Now, how much better are/were they with those players and the cap implications? Not one lick. I'm all for jumping into the FA market if it makes any sense. I didn't see a single player in this year's market worth anywhere near the price paid.

As for the Eagles, they got lucky that someone was dumb enough to relieve them of their problem. It's not common and sure as hell not a strategy to bank on.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
With a 160m budget you don't need to buy a used car. It doesn't have to be a Rolls but a Cadillac would be nice.

Makes sense. Does make sense to pay Rolls price for a Cadillac, though? Because that's exactly what happened in FA this year. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I'm still waiting on that list of players in FA that was going to turn this whole thing around to begin with. This year's FA crop was a turd from the word go.