Signed by Cowboys Dallas Cowboys have agreed to terms with CB Jourdan Lewis on one-year deal

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Same. Bland can play inside or out. Lewis is really only suited to handle smaller receivers. And I won't believe Diggs is 100% untill I see him vs the teams better WR's in real games. I would rather they had paid Gilmore and grab a CB day 2 who can compete for that 3d or 4th spot right away.
swear this is what I was trying to say, i'm not ready to call diggs ready yet either, to me CB is a need, it's not a OL major need or DT/LB major need, but it's up there

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
swear this is what I was trying to say, i'm not ready to call diggs ready yet either, to me CB is a need, it's not a OL major need or DT/LB major need, but it's up there
Absolutely is a need. They learned last year they needed the depth. Maybe scott develops but that shouldn't stop them from taking one.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
You never have enough corners. Good sign. He played good the last few regular season games.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Absolutely is a need. They learned last year they needed the depth. Maybe scott develops but that shouldn't stop them from taking one.
forgot about him uhhh ok hope he shows more this summer, they said he did some good thing in practices

Carson

Reaction score
Same. Bland can play inside or out. Lewis is really only suited to handle smaller receivers. And I won't believe Diggs is 100% untill I see him vs the teams better WR's in real games. I would rather they had paid Gilmore and grab a CB day 2 who can compete for that 3d or 4th spot right away.
We don’t know the severity of Gilmores shoulder. He could wait closer to camp to sign

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Hopefully we don't count on Lewis to start. We've seen this a dozen times with him.... the more offensive attention he receives, the more he gets exposed. He's always been best as a depth player.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Hopefully we don't count on Lewis to start. He's a gamer who's always made plays in limited action, but the more offensive attention he receives, the more he gets exposed.
Post of the afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally agree, he's going to give up something, I can just see him trying to run the player down

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
i'm sorry but corner is a need, in a year or so we'll be bashing Bland saying he doesn't deserve top money. Diggs Is just coming back from a big injury, bland gets burned often
I don't disagree that future depth should be addressed at some point, but looking at the roster, we have an all-pro in Diggs locked in long-term. We have another all-pro in Bland going into the third year of his rookie contract, so we have him cheap for two more years, and the franchise tag is always an option. Lewis is adequate at slot, and there are young guys behind them still developing. We also have safeties that are capable of playing the slot if necessary.

It's hard to justify throwing more assets at a position that's in good shape for the next couple of years at least when there are glaring holes at LT, C, RB, WR2 becomes concerning after Cooks leaves, DE and DT are also a mess. I'm not sold on LB either, even with Kendricks coming in. Overshown is an unknown. LVE needs to retire. Clark hasn't shown much. Even QB is shaky with Dak riding out the last year of his deal, and unknown/bust Lance as the backup. I love the line of thinking, staying ahead of the curve and addressing corner early, but it would be at the expense of more glaring needs.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis is a better than average player. I don't get the hate. he sticks his nose in on the run game and while not a shutdown corner, better than average

Mr_437

Reaction score
They always need to sign Lewis or Gilmorre. Lewis is cool, now Bland stays outside, and ain't nothing wrong with that. Still have hope Gilmore makes it back.