Signed by Cowboys Dallas Cowboys have agreed to terms with CB Jourdan Lewis on one-year deal

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
J Lew is back, that's good news. But the one-year deal is just further evidence the Cowboys don't want to be committed to anything beyond 2024. That means Dak isn't getting his extension in 2024.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis is a better than average player. I don't get the hate. he sticks his nose in on the run game and while not a shutdown corner, better than average
I agree. By signing Lewis and hopefully Gilmore, it reduces the chances that the team becomes obsessed with using one of the draft picks to fill a need. I have always liked Lewis because of his work ethic. He may not be great at times, but more often than not he shows up. Unfortunately, some fans think that every FA CB you sign has to be Sauce Gardner, every FA DT you sign has to be Aaron Donald, etc.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Apparently the slot corner is important in Zimmers scheme as he does a lot of the communication. So good to have a vet there

Reid1boys

Reaction score
wow..... this really is following along with Fisher. He said yesterday to watch these signings. if everything keeps being 1 year deals, this is a sign they actually might blow this team up next year with the exception of Diggs, Cee Dee and Parsons. I might add bland to that list if he balls out again.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's got a "slow" issue too. Past his prime and can and had been exploited

Great for depth but not a true starter anymore.....except for here.
Only want him for depth anyway. Exactly what I look for in a 4th CB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Bland is the permanent outside starter now.
If we had Gilmore back and Diggs, you think they move Gilmore to the middle? I dont. Bland was getting torched by AJ Brown in the 1st half. They switched and put Gilmore on him and he shut him down.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I am glad they got a deal done, he played well in the 2nd half of the season.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
J Lew is back, that's good news. But the one-year deal is just further evidence the Cowboys don't want to be committed to anything beyond 2024. That means Dak isn't getting his extension in 2024.
Or it could be a reflection of the coaching staff being here on one year deals. If a new regime comes in they won't be stuck with players that might not fit their scheme if they're on one year deals.

Not everything is about Dak.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Just saw JLew in Frisco, and dude is bigger than I thought lol.