Dallas Cowboys: Is it Time to Rebuild the Offensive Line?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I love how I got torched for suggesting we had issues on the line this offseason and here we are...

stiletto

Reaction score
We got guys in their 20s getting degenerative back issues and weird autoimmune stuff. Pro Bowlers.... I would be freaking out if I were the front office. Maybe they need to start DNA testing their OL picks. 23 & Me those jokers....

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hahaha ok, Dak's awsome then.

Tyron, Collins and Zack are terrible yet they block for the leading rusher in the NFL.

If you can't see that right now Dak is one of the worst starting QB's in the league (if not the worst) then your love for him is blinding you. ;)

And BTW, I am not defending the Oline, they need to play better but to fault them for what's happening is just flat out wrong.
Have you seen any of the all 22s from the Seattle game yet? They might enlighten you.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We got guys in their 20s getting degenerative back issues and weird autoimmune stuff. Pro Bowlers.... I would be freaking out if I were the front office. Maybe they need to start DNA testing their OL picks. 23 & Me those jokers....
The Tyron back thing is just strange. Random.. The guy is a freak of nature.

Coy

Reaction score
Have you seen any of the all 22s from the Seattle game yet? They might enlighten you.

I get that you like Dak and I respect that, everybody can have their own opinion, but man, he is not playing well, I'm no expert in watching film, just a fan of the team for the past 34 years and trust what my eyes see.

Then again, I do follow guys (twitter) who watch film, know way more than me and all of them seem to agree, Dak is really struggling, that doesn't mean the oline is playing lights out but much of the blame goes to Dak and rightfully so IMO.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I get that you like Dak and I respect that, everybody can have their own opinion, but man, he is not playing well, I'm no expert in watching film, just a fan of the team for the past 34 years and trust what my eyes see.

Then again, I do follow guys (twitter) who watch film, know way more than me and all of them seem to agree, Dak is really struggling, that doesn't mean the oline is playing lights out but much of the blame goes to Dak and rightfully so IMO.

Watch the videos man... This is about Linehan...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what the heck does this guy need the best offensive line in the NFL to be comfortable back there where he can throw his 5 yard bombs. The line is average to slightly above average. What's next draft the best wr's and te's too so he can run more. sheesh. Pressure and he turns into don knotts in the shakiest gun in the west. If he's scared get him on the bench.

Reactions: Coy

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Linehan should go, so should JG but common man, I really can’t understand how can you not put any blame on Dak... he sucks right now.

I've never not placed any blame on Dak. But, again, I choose to focus at a macro level and see the bigger picture.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
the offensive line sucks because the qb takes forever to find someone if his main target isn't open. Then he panic.

Reactions: Coy

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
by Scott Sauer 2 days ago Follow @realScottSauer

Turn back the clock five years, the Dallas Cowboys are coming off their third consecutive 8-8 season and after losing their third consecutive winner-take-all Week 17 game. Approaching the 2014 draft, the hype is surrounding Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.

Jerry Jones wishes for him to be the heir to Tony Romo. Dallas’ selection eventually comes around and with the 16th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Cowboys select Zack Martin. For the first time, Jerry Jones doesn’t get what he wants, but what he needs.

This selection marks the beginning of a new era in Dallas. The focus has turned to building the offensive line to protect Romo from injury as he got older and to take the pressure off of him by running the ball.

The strategy worked as the Cowboys rode their new Great Wall of Dallas to the Divisional round of the playoffs twice in the past 4 years. Tony Romo and Dak Prescott have had all the time in the world to drop back in the pocket and look for an open receiver.

This offensive line led the way as DeMarco Murray led the league in rushing in 2014 and Ezekiel Elliott in 2016. In both 2014 and 2016, Dallas finished second in the league in rushing yards per game with 147.1 and 149.8 respectively.

Now back here in 2018, the vaunted Great Wall of Dallas is beginning to crumble. Injuries and age are starting to take their toll. Just about each part of the offensive line has a problem it’s dealing with. The Cowboys spend more of their money on the Offensive Line than any other team in the NFL.

Highlight: Injuries have plagued Tyron Smith for the past couple of seasons.

Highlight: The absence of Travis Frederick is evident.

Highlight: There has been a lack of stability at Left Guard and Right Tackle.

Follow the link for the rest.
https://sportdfw.com/2018/09/22/dallas-cowboys-rebuild-offensive-line/

OMG.....ya lets do it all over again....worked so well for us spending all our Cap and Top picks on NON-Playmaker Off-lineman......yahooo yeepppeeee.....Man QB # 1 PRIORITY!!!!!!

Stop the smoke screen theories we know now what is the problem and it wears # 4

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
OMG.....ya lets do it all over again....worked so well for us spending all our Cap and Top picks on NON-Playmaker Off-lineman......yahooo yeepppeeee.....Man QB # 1 PRIORITY!!!!!!

Stop the smoke screen theories we know now what is the problem and it wears # 4
Watch the videos and stop pumping your rhetoric. The all 22s speak for themselves.