News: Dallas Cowboys: It’s time to start giving Dak Prescott some credit

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I disagree...three defenders in coverage. It had to be purely on target and catchable. It was an excellent pass. Cooper then established himself with the Cowboys and served notice to all opponents. That part was most significant...but a team element again.

If you say so but the defender was trailing, the other two were not in position to make a play on the ball. The pass was really not that hard. It needed to be accurate but it was a pass I've seen many, many QBs make. It is what it is and I just watched it again. I see nothing that makes me think any QB who is in the NFL should not be able to execute that throw.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/amari-cooper-breaks-loose-for-90-yard-td

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes the throw is better than the catch. In this instance I like many thought the run after the catch was bigger.

On the 90 yarder the throw was pretty terrific too. 3 defenders were around Cooper, and Dak put the ball in a great spot. Obviously the run was huge too, as well as the Commander defenders screwing it up pretty badly.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I think Thursday will show if Dak has really taken steps forward. He’s going to have to go toe to toe with Brees, except Brees will be playing on the road against a top 5 defense and Dak will be at home against a middle of the pack defense. If Dak craps the bed in a game where he’s going to be expected to keep up, that will tell us something. Just like if he throws well and does his part to win will tell us something.

Reactions: CWR

Nav22

Reaction score
I bet you think it's a coincidence that when the best QBs (Like Brees) have terrible teams around them, they have poor W/L records. Are you suggesting Rodgers is not good? I mean the Packers are 4-6-1. Obviously, he's terrible.

QB is a big part of a team, but the team overall is what wins and loses, not the QB.
Hahahaha so Wentz has a terrible team around him this year?

And in 2016?

But in 2017, his team was so stacked that Nick Foles won the Super Bowl?

Uh-huh. Right. I’m glad our QB doesn’t need weak excuses.
:laugh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
On the 90 yarder the throw was pretty terrific too. 3 defenders were around Cooper, and Dak put the ball in a great spot. Obviously the run was huge too, as well as the Commander defenders screwing it up pretty badly.
The throw was great but without the run after the catch it’s not a 90 yard TD.

In my book that makes the run after the catch bigger.

And without that run after the catch we probably aren’t even discussing the play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s doesn’t have to be a slam on Dak to say Cooper is the greater talent.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If you say so but the defender was trailing, the other two were not in position to make a play on the ball. The pass was really not that hard. It needed to be accurate but it was a pass I've seen many, many QBs make. It is what it is and I just watched it again. I see nothing that makes me think any QB who is in the NFL should not be able to execute that throw.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/amari-cooper-breaks-loose-for-90-yard-td

Then you are agreeing that he read correctly, presnap, the safeties splitting deep and correctly targeted Cooper for the pass...which in turn, following the break loose portion for Cooper to use his jets. That now being a smart and very good throw...by Prescott. If this wasn't relevant, what makes Brees a quality quarterback then...nothing special?

Thanks for the film again...I like the play.

As to play review, Cooper was hit in stride in a group, and with touch to clear the front defender. A very good throw as well as smart...

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Then you are agreeing that he read correctly, presnap, the safeties splitting deep and correctly targeted Cooper for the pass...which in turn, following the break loose portion for Cooper to use his jets. That now being a smart and very good throw...by Prescott. If this wasn't relevant, what makes Brees a quality quarterback then...nothing special?

I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anything. I am simply stating what happened. He actually looks off the Safety on that play if you watch it.

The problem with you is that you don't know how to discuss things. You only know how to argue. This is not an argument. This is simply a simple statement of truth. It was a good throw, was good protection, was a good route, was a good catch, was a good run after the catch, was a horrible defensive play on behalf of the Skinz. This is really not that hard.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I am not agreeing or disagreeing with anything. I am simply stating what happened. He actually looks off the Safety on that play if you watch it.

The problem with you is that you don't know how to discuss things. You only know how to argue. This is not an argument. This is simply a simple statement of truth. It was a good throw, was good protection, was a good route, was a good catch, was a good run after the catch, was a horrible defensive play on behalf of the Skinz. This is really not that hard.

A bit pompous there. He picked up on the safeties presnap and followed their movement as part of his read...as if I didn't bother with looking, guy.

I pointed out that Prescott made a correct read and hit Cooper in stride inside a three defender group...requiring touch to clear the front defender. Quality throw.

I was being specific as to defining elements and why. I never lost focus or description. If disagreeing with importance of certain aspects in team play is objectionable to oneself, and one is not able to acknowledge a difference in stance, without a personal bias...that is another topic.

I included a complete picture, but didn't first insult your intelligence when from the start, including a team inclusive view. But the point of an inclusion, due to the intensity of board agitation centered upon Dak Prescot. This was a really good play, that included Dak Prescott. By the way, there was no return comment as well, on a cross comparison that included what makes Brees a top-of-the-line passer and one of the very best of all time.

Just maybe this game was a step in the evolution of both the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott as well. No, that made the Cowboys a predator and a valid concern for all scheme considered. That is very relevant as a single play as well.

That alone would be destiny as well as the Cowboys meeting their expectations.

You came to my post and disclaimed relevance. Then said team elements were all good. I bet you were too quick and missed the addition to my original post...but that is what it was.

Have a nice day, guy...

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You said it was Cooper who got all his yards, yet on the 40 yards he was hit in stride, and the 90 was a 27 yard strike. And remember, you addressed my post.
You stated that Dak threw it 27 yards, and I said the rest was Cooper. I didn't say Cooper got "all his yards".

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
A bit pompous there. He picked up on the safeties presnap and followed their movement as part of his read...as if I didn't bother with looking, guy.

I pointed out that Prescott made a correct read and hit Cooper in stride inside a three defender group...requiring touch to clear the front defender. Quality throw.

I was being specific as to defining elements and why. I never lost focus or description. If disagreeing with importance of certain aspects in team play is objectionable to oneself, and one is not able to acknowledge a difference in stance, without a personal bias...that is another topic.

I included a complete picture, but didn't first insult your intelligence when from the start, including a team inclusive view. But the point of an inclusion, due to the intensity of board agitation centered upon Dak Prescot. This was a really good play, that included Dak Prescott. By the way, there was no return comment as well, on a cross comparison that included what makes Brees a top-of-the-line passer and one of the very best of all time.

Just maybe this game was a step in the evolution of both the Dallas Cowboys and Dak Prescott as well. No, that made the Cowboys a predator and a valid concern for all scheme considered. That is very relevant as a single play as well.

That alone would be destiny as well as the Cowboys meeting their expectations.

You came to my post and disclaimed relevance. Then said team elements were all good. I bet you were too quick and missed the addition to my original post...but that is what it was.

Have a nice day, guy...

Take it how you wish. Last time I spoke to you, I was under the impression that you had put me on ignore. I was good with that. Clearly, that's not what happened.

OK

If that was not you CC, and I am mistaken about that, then you truly have my most censer apologies. I am just not into arguing over stupid stuff till it makes people want to desert the thread. It's no fun.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He has been playing better the last 3-4 games but he has a ways to go. He is not a complete QB. Dallas opponents do not have to defend the middle of the field 15 yards past the LOS because Dak refuses to throw the ball there. If that’s where he is supposed to throw it, he holds the ball until sacked or he takes off running. If you look at his throw chart for the season, the middle of the field is basically blank. A QB has to be able to use the whole field and make all the throws so the defense has to defend everything. Scheme could be a big part of this but Dak still has the ball in his hand and has to make the throws.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/dak-prescott/PRE285723

Just to reinforce the point you made. This is a game-by-game chart of each of his throws. And like you said, the deep-middle of the field is a barren wasteland.