News: Dallas Cowboys: It’s time to start giving Dak Prescott some credit

CCBoy

Reaction score
I didn’t recall exactly how far the throw was but still came away knowing it wasn’t the highlight of the play. Only a slobbering Dakster would see the pass as a greater part of the play than Coopers run. Lol

Sometimes your posts are as if being held in a vice...just not really a natural process. Yea, biased as to chosen whipping boy stances...sorry, that's how I see your stances.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Even if you took that play out, he had 2 TD and no turnovers.

“In the midst of crap” LOLLLLL

I’m sorry Dak took a dump on your turkey.

If you take that play out...how does he have 2 passing TD?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don't even know what play you're talking about. I won't call you out anymore, it's clear you can't handle it with the childish name calling when you get backed into a corner.\\

15-30 yards, whatever.
You think dissecting the length of the pass somehow makes the throw greater than the run after the catch?

If that’s what you want to believe. Go right ahead. I don’t think most walked away with that .

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I saw the play. Let be honest here. He didn't thread that pass. He made a good throw to Cooper who had the CB trailing him and two other DBs near him but not in a position to make a play on the ball. It wasn't that tough of a pass, his pocket was clean, good protection, room to step into the throw and plenty of time to get the ball off. It was a good throw, I'd even go so far as to say really nice throw but it was not a great throw and the degree of difficulty was not such that any decent QB in the NFL couldn't make.

The truth is that the Skinz did a horrible job of playing Defense there. They should have tackled him at the spot of the catch but instead, they let him run with the ball. It was weird because nobody made a play for the tackle, they just kinda let him run. IDK.

For the record, the ball was snapped at about the 10 yard line, the ball was caught at or near the 30 yard line. It wasn't 27 yards and it wasn't 15. It was between that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol, hater, would there have been a catch and run without a very accurate throw between 3 defenders?
Your right . Someone had to make a good throw for the spectacular run after the catch. Well done Dak!

CCBoy

Reaction score
You think dissecting the length of the pass somehow makes the throw greater than the run after the catch?

If that’s what you want to believe. Go right ahead. I don’t think most walked away with that .

Bias meet bias...naw, it took great effort and a team effort to arrive at Cooper breaking away, separating, and too fast to catch. A fan roots for the whole play, not giving credit to a single person. Remember, football is a team sport...not a ring tap for a person who feels whole by picking spectaculars out.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don't even know what play you're talking about. I won't call you out anymore, it's clear you can't handle it with the childish name calling when you get backed into a corner.\\

15-30 yards, whatever.
I thought we were discussing the 90 yard TD to Cooper?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Not only do you struggle watching a game, but also reading.
I'm simply saying discounting a solid pass because the WR ran a bunch of yards after is stupid. I'm not saying one is more important.
It's right up there with the idiots who think taking a couple long plays for TDs is a logical stance.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bias meet bias...naw, it took great effort and a team effort to arrive at Cooper breaking away, separating, and too fast to catch. A fan roots for the whole play, not giving credit to a single person. Remember, football is a team sport...not a ring tap for a person who feels whole by picking spectaculars out.
So, you came away thinking it was a better throw than run after the catch?

That throw had 90 yard TD written all over it? Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not only do you struggle watching a game, but also reading.
I'm simply saying discounting a solid pass because the WR ran a bunch of yards after is stupid. I'm not saying one is more important.
It's right up there with the idiots who think taking a couple long plays for TDs is a logical stance.
Who’s discounting the throw. I wasn’t . I just said the bigger part of the play was Coopers run.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I saw the play. Let be honest here. He didn't thread that pass. He made a good throw to Cooper who had the CB trailing him and two other DBs near him but not in a position to make a play on the ball. It wasn't that tough of a pass, his pocket was clean, good protection, room to step into the throw and plenty of time to get the ball off. It was a good throw, I'd even go so far as to say really nice throw but it was not a great throw and the degree of difficulty was not such that any decent QB in the NFL couldn't make.

The truth is that the Skinz did a horrible job of playing Defense there. They should have tackled him at the spot of the catch but instead, they let him run with the ball. It was weird because nobody made a play for the tackle, they just kinda let him run. IDK.

For the record, the ball was snapped at about the 10 yard line, the ball was caught at or near the 30 yard line. It wasn't 27 yards and it wasn't 15. It was between that.

I disagree...three defenders in coverage. It had to be purely on target and catchable. It was an excellent pass. Cooper then established himself with the Cowboys and served notice to all opponents. That part was most significant...but a team element again.

CCBoy

Reaction score
So, you came away thinking it was a better throw than run after the catch?

That throw had 90 yard TD written all over it? Lol

No sir, you become a troll when you twist what someone else said. Not going there, yet again with you...

A 90 yard play of any type is unusual...don't play with words for some kind of a high ground. Read above this post, as I explained my view.

This is a team sport...and at least I don't categorize to reduce appreciation for a whole team's effort. It took that to set up that play, as the defense was in a two deep situation, which Dak read and correctly fed the ball to Cooper...helping the reception and YAK as well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I disagree...three defenders in coverage. It had to be purely on target and catchable. It was an excellent pass. Cooper then established himself with the Cowboys and served notice to all opponents. That part was most significant...but a team element again.
You saw 90 yard TD written all over that throw?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No sir, you become a troll when you twist what someone else said. Not going there, yet again with you...

A 90 yard play of any type is unusual...don't play with words for some kind of a high ground. Read above this post, as I explained my view.
I’m spinning my narrative to support my opinion. If that also calls out your spin or opinion, so be it.