News: Dallas Cowboys: It’s time to start giving Dak Prescott some credit

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again can you comprehend, I never said Dak carries this team, I never said Dak was great, I never said Dak was even better, it's you who keep moving the goalposts. What I did say was non of the guys you named are elite outside of Brady,Rodgers, and Brees. And neither of the guys you named carries their teams. Your drivel holds no water.
so here we go again....you first said no QB carries their team, then listed three of them that could and now its not about carrying their team its about being elite....then you tell me I am moving the goal post?.....I am not sure what you are trying to argue....sorry, you are just spinning your wheels in something that makes no sense any more.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why does he have a higher passer rating than every quarterback ever not named rodgers?
Like the vast majority of QBs, he's a product of the system and talent around him. Take a look at his numbers the season they won the SB.

"Elite" = The best of the best. There are currently 3 QBs that fit that level. Wilson is not one of them. I would consider using more than just passer rating.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Guess what? All the elite QBs need to be surrounded by talent. All of them. Notice how Rogers isn't as productive since he's best receiver left. Notice how the Patriots keep surrounding Brady with top talent.

You think that the Chief and Rams don't have talented players surrounding their QBs? This argument that Dak needs to be surrounded by talent in order to produce is silly. ALL QBs, bus drivers or not, need talent.
I never said they don't need talent. But they make their team elite (the offense of course) and they play at elite level when given the talent. Dak in 2016 wasn't elite by any stretch of imagination. he had the talent around him. Dak was tasked not to lose games as opposed to win games. and Dak lovers find that offensive.

and yes Brady gets talent and when he does, its magical!!! its great offensive display. its elite offense. its all time scoring offense. that's the point my friend..... Dak with talent around him become average, maybe above average. brady with talent become elite. nothing wrong with that....

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Like the vast majority of QBs, he's a product of the system and talent around him. Take a look at his numbers the season they won the SB.

"Elite" = The best of the best. There are currently 3 QBs that fit that level. Wilson is not one of them. I would consider using more than just passer rating.
If you take out his superbowl years he has the highest passer rating of all time at 104.5. Their is no 'system' in Seattle. Russel literally accounted for 80% of his entire teams yards last year because he didn't have anything.

Russel Wilson is better than Brees and rodgers. From a factual standpoint he has better stats and has won more than both.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Guarantee with dak they'll at least make an nfc championship game.

That would make his entire career better than romos
once again Dak lovers bring Romo into the argument. I never said anything about Romo...you did. this is not about Dak vs. Romo debate...... this is about Dak and Dak only. so far Dak doesn't look like anything that can get us to the championship game of anything.... and you can gloat if that ever happens. I doubt if we ever get there with Dak, unless we put 5 probowlers on the OL, get him a HOF type TE, two #1 recievers and Zeke. which is what I keep hearing from all the Dak lovers and given those resources I can get us to the playoffs....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

but don't Dak lovers use passer rating as a stat to prove Dak was great in 2016.......so now passer rating is over rated!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
but don't Dak lovers use passer rating as a stat to prove Dak was great in 2016.......so now passer rating is over rated!
I'm not a Dak lover idiot. When did I say it was overrated? I didn't, pay attention or don't respond.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you take out his superbowl years he has the highest passer rating of all time at 104.5. Their is no 'system' in Seattle. Russel literally accounted for 80% of his entire teams yards last year because he didn't have anything.

Russel Wilson is better than Brees and rodgers. From a factual standpoint he has better stats and has won more than both.
That's more cherry picking. Why would you conveniently take out an entire season to support your narrative. When Wilson was most successful he had an elite defense and running game. Which is why I brought up the SB year. His numbers were lower, and there's nothing wrong with balance.

Again, I'm simply stating Wilson is not elite. It has nothing to do with Prescott.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
once again Dak lovers bring Romo into the argument. I never said anything about Romo...you did. this is not about Dak vs. Romo debate...... this is about Dak and Dak only. so far Dak doesn't look like anything that can get us to the championship game of anything.... and you can gloat if that ever happens. I doubt if we ever get there with Dak, unless we put 5 probowlers on the OL, get him a HOF type TE, two #1 recievers and Zeke. which is what I keep hearing from all the Dak lovers and given those resources I can get us to the playoffs....
Dak has the 3rd greatest quarterback winning record of all time. Behind only hall of famers brady and Ben. No matter how you spin it dude's a winner.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
That's more cherry picking. Why would you conveniently take out an entire season to support your narrative. When Wilson was most successful he had an elite defense and running game. Which is why I brought up the SB year. His numbers were lower, and there's nothing wrong with balance.

Again, I'm simply stating Wilson is not elite. It has nothing to do with Prescott.
No his most statistically best years came after the superbowl. Since 2015 he ***** on every quarterback in passer rating. Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't. Statistically Wilson is greater than rodgers and Brees. Lol This isn't debatable.

All you can can say is subjectively you don't think he's elite because if we go strictly by numbers he is the most elite quarterback of all time.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak has the 3rd greatest quarterback winning record of all time. Behind only hall of famers brady and Ben. No matter how you spin it dude's a winner.
WOW..... ok, and since his hot 13-3 start, he is 15-12.....and seemingly as games go buy, his "greatest winning record of all time" is sinking fast......and he is swooning towards average that he is.....

Dak is riding Zeke to winning. When Zeke wasn't there Dak sucked and 10 pts a game was a big accomplishment for him.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
WOW..... ok, and since his hot 13-3 start, he is 15-12.....and seemingly as games go buy, his "greatest winning record of all time" is sinking fast......and he is swooning towards average that he is.....

Dak is riding Zeke to winning. When Zeke wasn't there Dak sucked and 10 pts a game was a big accomplishment for him.
Dak is a gamer. I guarantee we beat the saints and he puts the team on his back. Would your opinion change then?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
No his most statistically best years came after the superbowl. Since 2015 he ***** on every quarterback in passer rating. Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't. Statistically Wilson is greater than rodgers and Brees. Lol This isn't debatable.

All you can can say is subjectively you don't think he's elite because if we go strictly by numbers he is the most elite quarterback of all time.
You don't even get that you don't get it. Of course his stats were higher when he had to pass more and didn't have an elite defense/running game.

That was my point. And no, just because you can select some stats to support you challenged idea that he's greater than Rodgers or Brees doesn't mean he's better. That's just plain silly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak is a gamer. I guarantee we beat the saints and he puts the team on his back. Would your opinion change then?
the needle will move.

unlike what you may think. I am not a dak hater. I see him as what he is. a game manager. a bus driver. a middle of the pack QB with a low ceiling. I don't deny his desire. his willingness or his leadership abilities. I have never said he doesn't make plays at all....he makes plays, but not enough and he is inconsistent and he leaves a lot of yards/plays out there. His game is being a bus driver. minimize mistakes at the cost of not taking risks and making big plays. and there is nothing wrong with that. I have said that repeatedly. That's why he needs a very strong supporting cast and when he has that, he can manage games. Our team runs through Zeke (no pun intended). its not a coincidence when he was out last year for 6 games (and couple of games after he came back), the offense struggled to even score 10 points at times. When zeke plays and gets close to 100 yards, we are usually in the game, close and have a chance to win. This year when didn't rush close to a 100 we are 1-4 and 5-1 otherwise.

if Dak has a good game tonight then the needle moves. one game proves nothing. Branden Weeden won games in the league, which proves nothing about him. with good QBs its about consistency. during the game. game to game. season to season.

if we win, because Zeke had 200 yards from scrimmage (receiving and running). and Dak has about 250 yards, then that's Zeke again and Dak managing the game. we are playing against the 31st ranked pass defense. My expectations of a good QB is to shred that defense. Atlanta had 26th ranked pass defense giving up 273 yards per game....Dak had 208 passing. way below...

with Dak at QB we will never be Elite.....

Swagger

Reaction score

This is a list of the starting QB's as of the 2018 season

Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Mitchell Trubisky
Andy Dalton
Dak Prescott
Case Keenum
Matthew Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Deshaun Watson
Andrew Luck
Blake Bortles
Patrick Mahomes
Philip Rivers
Jared Goff
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Derek Carr
Carson Wentz
Jimmy Garoppolo
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Alex Smith

Rookies: -
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold

Who would you want Dak Prescott starting over in the aforementioned list?
I have excluded the rookies as they should be given more than a season to judge although longer term I would take all over them over Prescott in any event!

For me I would rather have Dak Prescott over...
Case Keenum
Blake Bortles
Eli Manning

That's it!

I think Jameis Winston would be far more effective if he actually had a defense as he wouldn't continually need to push the envelope.
Alex Smith is a better version of Prescott imo.
Andy Dalton and Andy Tannehill - I don't think there is much between all three but I would just side with those two over Prescott.

I don't think there is much debate regarding the others so...that's why a lot of Cowboy fans want a different QB as compared with who else is playing in the league and factoring in the supporting cast around them, Dak Prescott is arguably one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL right now.

Last edited: