News: Dallas Cowboys: It’s time to start giving Dak Prescott some credit

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
You don't even get that you don't get it. Of course his stats were higher when he had to pass more and didn't have an elite defense/running game.

That was my point. And no, just because you can select some stats to support you challenged idea that he's greater than Rodgers or Brees doesn't mean he's better. That's just plain silly.
He had less attempts than both but had much better passer ratings. Like I said. Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't. Statiscally Wilson is better than both. Better TD % better INT % more effecint. More game winning drives. He's just a better quarterback and leader.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He had less attempts than both but had much better passer ratings. Like I said. Men lie. Women lie. Numbers don't. Statiscally Wilson is better than both. Better TD % better INT % more effecint. More game winning drives. He's just a better quarterback and leader.
No.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
the needle will move.

unlike what you may think. I am not a dak hater. I see him as what he is. a game manager. a bus driver. a middle of the pack QB with a low ceiling. I don't deny his desire. his willingness or his leadership abilities. I have never said he doesn't make plays at all....he makes plays, but not enough and he is inconsistent and he leaves a lot of yards/plays out there. His game is being a bus driver. minimize mistakes at the cost of not taking risks and making big plays. and there is nothing wrong with that. I have said that repeatedly. That's why he needs a very strong supporting cast and when he has that, he can manage games. Our team runs through Zeke (no pun intended). its not a coincidence when he was out last year for 6 games (and couple of games after he came back), the offense struggled to even score 10 points at times. When zeke plays and gets close to 100 yards, we are usually in the game, close and have a chance to win. This year when didn't rush close to a 100 we are 1-4 and 5-1 otherwise.

if Dak has a good game tonight then the needle moves. one game proves nothing. Branden Weeden won games in the league, which proves nothing about him. with good QBs its about consistency. during the game. game to game. season to season.

if we win, because Zeke had 200 yards from scrimmage (receiving and running). and Dak has about 250 yards, then that's Zeke again and Dak managing the game. we are playing against the 31st ranked pass defense. My expectations of a good QB is to shred that defense. Atlanta had 26th ranked pass defense giving up 273 yards per game....Dak had 208 passing. way below...

with Dak at QB we will never be Elite.....
Dak will put this team on his back

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lol.....yep. The man has a lot of talent but some of his skill set needs some work....like I said in a previous post. Get him an OC and a QB Coach and he can go from good to very good.
And they too won't be able to develop certain talents that aren't there.

And he has to be "good" first before he can go from there.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Watch the eagles vs Seattle game from last year

You didn’t answer the question.

What I’m also saying is. Elite or not elite. Seattle last year is proof that elite QB’s can’t carry teams to anything special without help.

Russell Wilson is one of the best in the NFL. His team went 9-7 last year because he didn’t have enough help.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
You didn’t answer the question.

What I’m also saying is. Elite or not elite. Seattle last year is proof that elite QB’s can’t carry teams to anything special without help.

Russell Wilson is one of the best in the NFL. His team went 9-7 last year because he didn’t have enough help.
Russel wilson carried them to the divisional round the year before that tho

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is a list of the starting QB's as of the 2018 season

Matt Ryan
Cam Newton
Mitchell Trubisky
Andy Dalton
Dak Prescott
Case Keenum
Matthew Stafford
Aaron Rodgers
Deshaun Watson
Andrew Luck
Blake Bortles
Patrick Mahomes
Philip Rivers
Jared Goff
Ryan Tannehill
Kirk Cousins
Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Eli Manning
Derek Carr
Carson Wentz
Jimmy Garoppolo
Ben Roethlisberger
Russell Wilson
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Alex Smith

Rookies: -
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold

Who would you want Dak Prescott starting over in the aforementioned list?
I have excluded the rookies as they should be given more than a season to judge although longer term I would take all over them over Prescott in any event!

For me I would rather have Dak Prescott over...
Case Keenum
Blake Bortles
Eli Manning

That's it!

I think Jameis Winston would be far more effective if he actually had a defense as he wouldn't continually need to push the envelope.
Alex Smith is a better version of Prescott imo.
Andy Dalton and Andy Tannehill - I don't think there is much between all three but I would just side with those two over Prescott.

I don't think there is much debate regarding the others so...that's why a lot of Cowboy fans want a different QB as compared with who else is playing in the league and factoring in the supporting cast around them, Dak Prescott is arguably one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL right now.
I agree. its pretty accurate. it may be a couple of other QBs, but nothing significant.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I never said they don't need talent. But they make their team elite (the offense of course) and they play at elite level when given the talent. Dak in 2016 wasn't elite by any stretch of imagination. he had the talent around him. Dak was tasked not to lose games as opposed to win games. and Dak lovers find that offensive.

and yes Brady gets talent and when he does, its magical!!! its great offensive display. its elite offense. its all time scoring offense. that's the point my friend..... Dak with talent around him become average, maybe above average. brady with talent become elite. nothing wrong with that....

But you're forgetting one thing that makes them elite. That's good coaching and good play calling. Those elite QBs you mentioned have the entire playbook revolving around them and their skill set. While Dak is cursed with having his coaches try and force the playbook onto Dak.

Not saying that Dak is perfect and every means. But look at those teams. Their coaches don't let off the pedal when they have a lead. While our coach plays conservative once we have a small lead.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But you're forgetting one thing that makes them elite. That's good coaching and good play calling. Those elite QBs you mentioned have the entire playbook revolving around them and their skill set. While Dak is cursed with having his coaches try and force the playbook onto Dak.

Not saying that Dak is perfect and every means. But look at those teams. Their coaches don't let off the pedal when they have a lead. While our coach plays conservative once we have a small lead.
I don't disagree. I mentioned in another post that Garret and Linehan are used to Stafford, Romo type QBs in timing offenses that requires pocket passers with accuracy from the pocket. Dak is not those and they haven't been able to truly adjust to him. Dak probably is a better fit for a WCO style more so than timing and neither of them have that background offensively. with that said, I think the coaches are also limited by Dak and what he is able to do, thus parts of the playbook go out the door. it half dozen of one, 6 of the other

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
agreed. Wilson has two superbowl appearances and one ring. until Dak does that....Wilson is superior....

using the same measuring stick as Dak lovers like to do (wins).

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I mentioned in another post that Garret and Linehan are used to Stafford, Romo type QBs in timing offenses that requires pocket passers with accuracy from the pocket. Dak is not those and they haven't been able to truly adjust to him. Dak probably is a better fit for a WCO style more so than timing and neither of them have that background offensively. with that said, I think the coaches are also limited by Dak and what he is able to do, thus parts of the playbook go out the door. it half dozen of one, 6 of the other

I agree with you here also. I think the staff is limited by Dak and his inabilities to make the proper throws. But I feel the main problem is that the coaches just don't know how to adapt. They are too stubborn to change and that they would rather just force their style of football onto the players. This is why our offense is so stale. The coaches aren't good enough to make the right changes to make this offense work.

Dre11

Reaction score
so here we go again....you first said no QB carries their team, then listed three of them that could and now its not about carrying their team its about being elite....then you tell me I am moving the goal post?.....I am not sure what you are trying to argue....sorry, you are just spinning your wheels in something that makes no sense any more.

I said only 3 can put their team on their back and carry. I said the list you provided outside those 3 couldn't. Then I said to another poster, Wilson wasn't elite, and that there are on 3 elite qbs in the league.