News: Dallas Cowboys: It’s time to start giving Dak Prescott some credit

PUSHfold

Reaction score
This would make sense.

He has tremendously benefitted from the OL RB and now a WR.

Uh every single QB in the league benefits from those things...name one QB putting up great numbers who had the kinds of weapons Prescott had at the beginning of the year? Most good QBs have decent WRs and TEs or RBs but definitely a mix of those things. Guys who could do it are 10 year vets. Look at Goffs throwing yards...almost 1800 of it is YAC but nobody says a word, Dak gets 120 yards of YAC from Cooper and nobody can shut up about it.
It's hilarious...I swear to god you guys want Dak to have ZERO weapons at all and put up HOF numbers before you'll be happy it's asinine. SURROUND YOUR QB WITH THE BEST TALENT POSSIBLE IT HELPS OUR TEAM IT DOESN'T HURT IT. Why would anybody want their young developing QB to have no run game? No O-line? No weapons? Why would anybody want a young player to carry a team? It's ridiculous.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Dak deserves his accolades . When he doesn’t turn it over we are like 23-1. Winning cures all ills. Just Do It.

Daks passing weaknesses are only going to be criticized in defeat.

The fact that this team is 6-14 when committing any turnovers is fuel for the "Dak isn't a playmaker" crowd.

A team should be able to overcome a turnover and still win. Of course, having a defense which could actually get turnovers might help too.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Uh every single QB in the league benefits from those things...name one QB putting up great numbers who had the kinds of weapons Prescott had at the beginning of the year? Most good QBs have decent WRs and TEs or RBs but definitely a mix of those things.
It's hilarious...I swear to god you guys want Dak to have ZERO weapons at all and put up HOF numbers before you'll be happy it's asinine. SURROUND YOUR QB WITH THE BEST TALENT POSSIBLE IT HELPS OUR TEAM IT DOESN'T HURT IT. Why would anybody want their young developing QB to have no run game? No O-line? No weapons? Why would anybody want a young player to carry a team? It's ridiculous.
I see.

Every team has 4 or 5 #1 picks on their OL..

plus have an All Pro RB.

Right.

What fantasy league you playing in?

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I see.

Every team has 4 or 5 #1 picks on their OL..

plus have an All Pro RB.

Right.

What fantasy league you playing in?

I didn't say that did I? Quit strawmanning dude and right now we're missing our best O-linemen, I said that every good QB in the league has players around him who he benefits from and that's true. Stop acting like Dak's the only player in the NFL who benefits from his teammates. As if Gurley doesn't make Goff better or Kamara makes Brees better(even though Brees is already great but regardless he is helped by those people on his team).
Does Rodgers benefit from having one of the best pass pro o-lines in the game? I could go on and on man. You want to put your players in favorable positions with players around them who make them better especially when they're young. We put players around our QB and it's a negative for you it's hilarious.

P.s. fantasy blows.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Who cares?
Sounds like you only care about pretty fantasy stats/points.
You know what I care about.

Ability to make plays in the pocket and not run backwards like a scared dog and

ability to convert 3rd downs.

Dak is in the bottom half of the league in converting 3rd and 7 or greater! Fact!

He is a bus driver with poor pocket presence!

waving monkey

Reaction score
He did nothing in that Commanders game as a passer to impress. It's just that his #1 WR took advantage of a defender falling down and poor tackling to rack up 100 yards of RAC for two scores. Giving him 280 yards and those 2 TDs.

He limits the offense so much. Everything is checkdown.
The Amari juke has something to do with DB's falling over a blade of grass.
Great QB's have good offensive lines

CCBoy

Reaction score
What? How the hell did you think that pass got there between 3 defenders on the 90 yarder? I Mean if your gonna comment make sense...

Agreed, It was good and a tough throw on target to his receiver...

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Agreed, It was good and a tough throw on target to his receiver...

You're damn right it was but people will say it was poor and Amari did all of the work. The spiral wasn't tight enough so it was a poor throw.

TheHerd

Reaction score
:laugh::laugh:
You know what I care about.

Ability to make plays in the pocket and not run backwards like a scared dog and

ability to convert 3rd downs.

Dak is in the bottom half of the league in converting 3rd and 7 or greater! Fact!

He is a bus driver with poor pocket presence!
He's be better if he could play 3rd and long against our defense!

:laugh:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Its mind boggling how fans continue to pretend like this guy is any good. Dude was horrible most of that game, stats be damned. Only simpletons look at the box score numbers and generate a conclusion on his play.

The opinion of Dak outside this fanbase is that he sucks and/or is a bus driver at best.

Dre11

Reaction score
The truth is Dak is being bashed because of his previous success gave people unreal expectations of a 4th round qb who was thrown to wolves earlier than expected. What we're seeing is a young qb still learning the nuances of the position that even some 1st round qbs either don't learn or it takes them years to learn. What you see is a 4th round qb with help around him(which all qbs except maybe 1 need) do his part in managing games well. He's trending upward and hopefully he continues the upward trend.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did nothing in that Commanders game as a passer to impress. It's just that his #1 WR took advantage of a defender falling down and poor tackling to rack up 100 yards of RAC for two scores. Giving him 280 yards and those 2 TDs.

He limits the offense so much. Everything is checkdown.

While it's true much of the yardage came after the catch, we don't know how the rest of those drives would have played out otherwise. Maybe we would have driven downfield and scored anyway, with Dak still getting a lot of the yards anyway. Besides, other QB's get the benefit of great receivers making things happen too.

Bottom line is I don't think we can fairly discredit the game he had against the Commanders, but at the same time we can't pretend Dak has proven he can consistently put up these kinds of numbers. The inconsistency is still a serious issue unless we see a different pattern develop.

Dre11

Reaction score
Its mind boggling how fans continue to pretend like this guy is any good. Dude was horrible most of that game, stats be damned. Only simpletons look at the box score numbers and generate a conclusion on his play.

The opinion of Dak outside this fanbase is that he sucks and/or is a bus driver at best.

Only simpletons look at stats and generate conclusion on his play, never mind in order for Cooper to get those yards, the ball had to get to him, nevermind the big TD run that should've been a sack, nevermind the calls at the line that get the offense in the right play, nevermind the audibles. Simpletons don't know what playing qb is past throwing the ball.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The fact that this team is 6-14 when committing any turnovers is fuel for the "Dak isn't a playmaker" crowd.

A team should be able to overcome a turnover and still win. Of course, having a defense which could actually get turnovers might help too.
Turnovers have been one of the most critical stats in the NFL. It’s a team killer for good teams or equalizer for lesser teams.

When the margin of error is slight a turnover can often be the difference. Teams who are far superior, turnovers aren’t as big of factor.