Dallas Cowboys Pre-Draft Trade (Mock) Very Interesting!

zekecowboy

Reaction score

Cowboys Pre-Draft Trade No. 1: Dak Prescott to the Las Vegas Raiders​

gettyimages-894491382.jpg

(Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images)
Trade Parameters: Cowboys send QB Dak Prescott to Raiders in exchange for QB Aiden O’Connell, picks 1.13, 2.44, 4.112, 2025 1st, 2025 3rd, 2026 2nd. The returns are similar to what the Detroit Lions got when they traded Matt Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for a more accomplished quarterback in Jared Goff.
Through their first eight seasons as pros, Prescott has outplayed Stafford, so getting equal compensation following a runner-up MVP campaign is not out of the question. Of course this trade is contingent on Prescott approving the destination, which he could.
Why the Cowboys do it: If Dallas isn’t going to sign Prescott to an extension, why would they keep him for just a single season and only get a third-round compensatory consideration (the pick isn’t guaranteed) in 2026? If Dallas doesn’t draft a QB in this draft, they have O’Connell compete with Trey Lance for QB1 status in training camp. Having two first-round picks in 2025 allows them to use them to find a future QB or add high-pedigree youth, which is what they do best as an organization.
Why the Raiders do it: Antonio Pierce gets to convey his message to his team without having to go through the growing pains of a young QB. Instant credibility and a quarterback who makes them the biggest divisional threat to the dynasty-chasing Kansas City Chiefs.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-first-round-mock-draft-cowboys-trade-prescott-lamb/

Mikexike

Reaction score

Trade Parameters: Cowboys send QB Dak Prescott to Raiders in exchange for QB Aiden O’Connell, picks 1.13, 2.44, 4.112, 2025 1st, 2025 3rd, 2026 2nd. The returns are similar to what the Detroit Lions got when they traded Matt Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for a more accomplished quarterback in Jared Goff.
Through their first eight seasons as pros, Prescott has outplayed Stafford, so getting equal compensation following a runner-up MVP campaign is not out of the question. Of course this trade is contingent on Prescott approving the destination, which he could.
Why the Cowboys do it: If Dallas isn’t going to sign Prescott to an extension, why would they keep him for just a single season and only get a third-round compensatory consideration (the pick isn’t guaranteed) in 2026? If Dallas doesn’t draft a QB in this draft, they have O’Connell compete with Trey Lance for QB1 status in training camp. Having two first-round picks in 2025 allows them to use them to find a future QB or add high-pedigree youth, which is what they do best as an organization.
Why the Raiders do it: Antonio Pierce gets to convey his message to his team without having to go through the growing pains of a young QB. Instant credibility and a quarterback who makes them the biggest divisional threat to the dynasty-chasing Kansas City Chiefs.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-first-round-mock-draft-cowboys-trade-prescott-lamb/
Maybe the delay for the extension is the cowboys plan on trading dak on draft night. We can only wish.

Dunks3001

Reaction score
I've always felt the reason they haven't done a new deal yet is because both parties are in fact exploring trade destinations. Obviously Dak has to sign off on anything. But I think he's open to it if the right team comes along. Either during the draft or training camp

plymkr

Reaction score

I’m “all in” on this idea

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I've always felt the reason they haven't done a new deal yet is because both parties are in fact exploring trade destinations. Obviously Dak has to sign off on anything. But I think he's open to it if the right team comes along. Either during the draft or training camp
Or my worst thought is they're working on a record breaking deal

rambo2

Reaction score
Maybe the delay for the extension is the cowboys plan on trading dak on draft night. We can only wish.
Just for fun.

13 Taliese Fuaga
24 Byron Murphy
44 Payton Wilson
56 Malachi Corley
87 Jonathan Brooks
112 McKinley Jackson
174 H. Nourzad

216 Sione Vaki
233 Nathaniel Watson
244 Darius Muasau

I'd take that.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This is some fan-boys completely one-sided pipe dream. Our playoff choke artist QB who we don't want any more, for a Herschel Walker type trade.

Let me interject some actual realism to that proposed headline trade:

"DALLAS COWBOYS SEND QB DAK PRESCOTT TO THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS!!!!
IM EXCHANGE, THEY RECEIVE THE SAME 4TH RD PICK THEY USED TO DRAFT HIM...AND A 2025 5TH ROUNDER"

there. OMG I've seen some dumb fan-boy Dak trade proposals in here, but this is the absolute dumbest. Why not sell the garbage out of our trash cans for a million bucks while we're at it...WE'RE THE COWBOYS, THE ENVY OF THE WORLD, AND EVERYONE IS DYING TO BUY OUR GARBAGE!!!!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
It would be the best off-season we've had since the Herschel Walker trade.