Dallas Cowboys Pre-Draft Trade (Mock) Very Interesting!

jgboys1

Reaction score
I might actually be pleased with Jerry for about 15 seconds if this happened
Shoot! I will be willing to give him 24 hours, but I am sure he will say or do something stupid during that 24 hours to blow it anyway.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I've LONG been person that believes Dak gets WAY TOO MUCH hate for the failings of Dallas during his run...BUT i WOULD TAKE THIS DEAL ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The way the FO is handling him, trading him is the logical solution.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
The Raiders aren’t that stupid or desperate to give up that much for a mid tier quarterback like him.

Where does this stuff come from?
But what if all of those players weren’t there? What if Dallas were to trade a couple of stars to usher in a new era? What would the haul look like and how would the first two rounds of the draft fall out?

In this iteration, with the Pro Football Focus mock draft simulator controlling the other 31 clubs, Dallas looks for and finds a trade partner for their two biggest offensive stars who haven’t yet received extensions, Prescott and Lamb. We look at the trades they could make if they were really willing to reset the franchise, with seven rounds of picks, along with a first-round mock for the entire league.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
The compensation is all over the place from a first and multiple picks to only a 4th. I bet they would get a 1st. It really helps both teams, Dallas needs to build a team, Dak's ready to win now.

pitt33

Reaction score
But what if all of those players weren’t there? What if Dallas were to trade a couple of stars to usher in a new era? What would the haul look like and how would the first two rounds of the draft fall out?

In this iteration, with the Pro Football Focus mock draft simulator controlling the other 31 clubs, Dallas looks for and finds a trade partner for their two biggest offensive stars who haven’t yet received extensions, Prescott and Lamb. We look at the trades they could make if they were really willing to reset the franchise, with seven rounds of picks, along with a first-round mock for the entire league.
I get it but it seems to be a pipe dream.

Jerry is almost the polar opposite of those wildcatter days.

morat1959

Reaction score
This is some fan-boys completely one-sided pipe dream. Our playoff choke artist QB who we don't want any more, for a Herschel Walker type trade.

Let me interject some actual realism to that proposed headline trade:

"DALLAS COWBOYS SEND QB DAK PRESCOTT TO THE LAS VEGAS RAIDERS!!!!
IM EXCHANGE, THEY RECEIVE THE SAME 4TH RD PICK THEY USED TO DRAFT HIM...AND A 2025 5TH ROUNDER"

there. OMG I've seen some dumb fan-boy Dak trade proposals in here, but this is the absolute dumbest. Why not sell the garbage out of our trash cans for a million bucks while we're at it...WE'RE THE COWBOYS, THE ENVY OF THE WORLD, AND EVERYONE IS DYING TO BUY OUR GARBAGE!!!!
Thank you! Dak ain’t bringing nothing close to this in a trade. Let’s get a 2 and a 4 and move on.

morat1959

Reaction score
The compensation is all over the place from a first and multiple picks to only a 4th. I bet they would get a 1st. It really helps both teams, Dallas needs to build a team, Dak's ready to win now.
“Dak’s ready to win now.” Lol

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
Why would the Raiders trade for Dak?
The Raiders are a fringe team, and they need to win more consistently to fill the seats in their new home (they also have the highest ticket prices in the league). They have to be talking playoffs to do that.
Vegas is a transplant town and with all the distractions that goes on there people lose interest pretty fast. They need a high profile QB to get people talking, but also a QB that can get the ball to Devante Adams.
I always thought it was a gamble for Davis to move the Raiders to Vegas and to make it pay off the Raiders have to win consistently. Is Dak the answer for that? Who knows, but as it is now, he might be the only answer for the time being.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don’t see any team giving up anything if there is a chance that he is a FA next season.
Teams would trade for a franchise QB for multiple reasons. Trading they make sure to get him, plus next year the price goes up on a contract and there isn't a bidding war.

Regardless of what folks think of Dak, he would bring top picks in a trade.

I think it's best for all involved to trade him during the draft this year.

Dallas would be dumb to let him play out this year and hit free agency. If he isn't in the plans to resign then trade him now to maximize value

reddyuta

Reaction score
this will never happen but i do agree that if we trade Dak then paying CD for a unknown QB makes little sense so we might as well trade him.

morat1959

Reaction score
this will never happen but i do agree that if we trade Dak then paying CD for a unknown QB makes little sense so we might as well trade him.
Yea that Dak to CD thing really worked out well in the playoffs. This is the very reason you sign CD. Give the new QB weapons like Dak’s failed with the last 8 years.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Why would the Raiders trade for Dak?
The Raiders are a fringe team, and they need to win more consistently to fill the seats in their new home (they also have the highest ticket prices in the league). They have to be talking playoffs to do that.
Vegas is a transplant town and with all the distractions that goes on there people lose interest pretty fast. They need a high profile QB to get people talking, but also a QB that can get the ball to Devante Adams.
I always thought it was a gamble for Davis to move the Raiders to Vegas and to make it pay off the Raiders have to win consistently. Is Dak the answer for that? Who knows, but as it is now, he might be the only answer for the time being.

The Raiders are the 2nd highest revenue team in the NFL trailing only the Cowboys and are now the 6th most valuable franchise in the league at 6.2B. The move to Las Vegas has made Mark Davis incredibly wealthy.

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
The Raiders are the 2nd highest revenue team in the NFL trailing only the Cowboys and are now the 6th most valuable franchise in the league at 6.2B. The move to Las Vegas has made Mark Davis incredibly wealthy.
Still got to fill the seats to make the investment pay off. That new stadium has a price tag and is included in the team's net worth.
Team values are enterprise value (equity plus net debt) and include the economics of the team’s stadium but not the value of its real estate. For teams building new stadiums, like the Rams and Raiders, values are based on estimates of revenue.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Still got to fill the seats to make the investment pay off. That new stadium has a price tag and is included in the team's net worth.
Team values are enterprise value (equity plus net debt) and include the economics of the team’s stadium but not the value of its real estate. For teams building new stadiums, like the Rams and Raiders, values are based on estimates of revenue.

The Raiders pay no rent nor do they share any revenues generated by Allegiant Stadium.

All monies generated from concerts, trade shows etc.. go right in their pockets.

Allegiant is near the the top of world-wide revenue generating facilities. It is a money printing machine.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Cowboys Pre-Draft Trade No. 1: Dak Prescott to the Las Vegas Raiders​

gettyimages-894491382.jpg

(Photo by Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images)
Trade Parameters: Cowboys send QB Dak Prescott to Raiders in exchange for QB Aiden O’Connell, picks 1.13, 2.44, 4.112, 2025 1st, 2025 3rd, 2026 2nd. The returns are similar to what the Detroit Lions got when they traded Matt Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams in exchange for a more accomplished quarterback in Jared Goff.
Through their first eight seasons as pros, Prescott has outplayed Stafford, so getting equal compensation following a runner-up MVP campaign is not out of the question. Of course this trade is contingent on Prescott approving the destination, which he could.
Why the Cowboys do it: If Dallas isn’t going to sign Prescott to an extension, why would they keep him for just a single season and only get a third-round compensatory consideration (the pick isn’t guaranteed) in 2026? If Dallas doesn’t draft a QB in this draft, they have O’Connell compete with Trey Lance for QB1 status in training camp. Having two first-round picks in 2025 allows them to use them to find a future QB or add high-pedigree youth, which is what they do best as an organization.
Why the Raiders do it: Antonio Pierce gets to convey his message to his team without having to go through the growing pains of a young QB. Instant credibility and a quarterback who makes them the biggest divisional threat to the dynasty-chasing Kansas City Chiefs.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/lists/2024-first-round-mock-draft-cowboys-trade-prescott-lamb/
Dak has a no trade clause. Thread closed.