Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott leads NFL in a statistical look at measuring level of clutch'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qcard

Reaction score
If Dak can somehow figure out his issue with the post snap read especially in the Playoffs this team wins a championship or 2. If he doesn’t well he will be just another wasted talent at QB.
I get the jist of what you are conveying.

I'd add if you triage the post snap read issue back to Kellen's last season in Dallas, we'll find the WR core was responsible for some of that mess.

Even McCarthy mentioned the option routes as not being his coaching philosophy. In all fairness Mike let Kellen walk, ironically for the fancy stuff he couldn't implement in Greenbay.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You really live in a different world, don’t you?

Just exactly what did I begin? Who created this thread of ridiculous data….Was it me or you?
Absolutely live in a different world than you. That’s quite obvious.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak can somehow figure out his issue with the post snap read especially in the Playoffs this team wins a championship or 2. If he doesn’t well he will be just another wasted talent at QB.
After 8 seasons, do you really think he can figure it out? Not being argumentative in either direction, I just think he's hit his ceiling.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
After 8 seasons, do you really think he can figure it out? Not being argumentative, I just think he's hit his ceiling.
I’ve said earlier in this thread that if he hasn’t in year 8-9 I’m not sure if he will. I’m under no illusions here. But if we really want to pinpoint his issue this is it and it’s what’s holding him back. He’s openly stated that he’s struggled with it as recently as the GB game, and there is video evidence going back to the first SF playoff game that confirms it. This is when he gets that “look”.

This is why I think him playing out this year on his contract is what’s best for all parties involved. If he does figure it out this team makes noise in the playoffs and he gets his big contract 65m a year. If he doesn’t Dallas moves on and he gets a big contract else where, and Dallas saves money and starts their search for a new franchise QB.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Can you please answer the original question? Since Dilpher and Foles led their teams to Superbowl victories and Marino and Kelly didn't..... according to the logic used, Dilpher and Foles are obviously more clutch than Marino and Kelly, correct??

I know it's hard, but can you avoid deflecting, ducking and dodging the question this time? Is that too difficult to answer or something??
Dilfer did not lead his team to a SB. He was the definition of a bus driver that leaned on the #1 defense that year and one of the strongest Ds among the NFL across seasons. Foles played well enough to not cost his team, but it’s still arguable that he led that team or was clutch.

Kelly would be considered a choker by many on this forum, and even elsewhere.

davidr295

Reaction score
Oh wow.... the different era excuse. No disrespect to you per say, but they don't get that excuse. If Dak and any other quarterback is judged by a standard, they ALL are judged by the same standards.
It's not an excuse but a reality. It's low tier to compare players from different eras of any sport. The way football was played in late 80's and 90's is way different today, plus the average player is bigger and more athletic.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dilfer did not lead his team to a SB. He was the definition of a bus driver that leaned on the #1 defense that year and one of the strongest Ds among the NFL across seasons. Foles played well enough to not cost his team, but it’s still arguable that he led that team or was clutch.

Kelly would be considered a choker by many on this forum, and even elsewhere.

Wait a minute.... I keep hearing about whether a quarterback can lead a team to a Superbowl or not. Why are there other sets of rules for other quarterbacks??

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's not an excuse but a reality. It's low tier to compare players from different eras of any sport. The way football was played in late 80's and 90's is way different today, plus the average player is bigger and more athletic.
So your professional opinion is that Dak sucks right?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Really think that in today's drafting competition there are enough fuure hall of famers to stock up on in a couple drafts to maneuver that movement with?
No but you're setting up your window aka time frame with the draft. Unless you find a gem like Brady or Mahomes it's all about that window. Get the ground work done with your draftees and when you think you have a shot at the title you go all in and fill the needed roster spots with good free agents or trades (and yes that means trading away future 1st etc). Then you have two or three years and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out you trade away all the trade potential and start over.

You do NOT hang on to a semi successful squad for a decade or longer because they made the play offs a couple of years in a row. You do not lay still because you are afraid moving takes you to a worse spot.

But that's just me. It's Jerry's team and he does whatever he wants with it. I can just voice my opinion.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Over 20 posts have been deleted on this thread by 3 different mods. The insults and petty bickering has shut this thread down.

Status
Not open for further replies.