Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott leads NFL in a statistical look at measuring level of clutch'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it possible that the score can be influenced by the number of times a QB is forced into "clutch" situations?

I've noticed that those QB's generally considered to be the best appear in the middle of the list, guys like Purdy, Burrow, Stafford, etc.
Every stat or collection of stats need context.

Scotman

Reaction score
This is terrific. But it needs to extend into the post season. If not, he's an also-ran.

If we can't ever win in the post season, Dak gets some of the blame...as do the other players. But, ultimately, it's a failure of leadership if you never win in the post season. Leadership at the top. The coaches and head coach...whoever it is. And if NONE of your coaching staffs are having success in the post season, it's the ownership. Jerry and Stephen.

So, I'm literally hoping we get a QB good enough to carry all of the dead weight above him. Romo couldn't. Dak hasn't. I'm going to root for whoever we have playing. I'm a Cowboys' fan. But hope has been slowly eroded by a consistent lack of vision and leadership from ownership.

darealvelle

Reaction score
Talk about manufacturing data to fit a narrative on a pro cowboys site but this tops it all, Dak is clutch in a manipulation of certain situations, you are really reaching now, you think Jerry likes his clutch play especially come playoff time, clutch Prescott turns into Dud Dak.
lol

Brax

Reaction score
I tried. I really tried. I had his back for years.

This was the exact moment I was done with him. Clutch? Pshhhhhhhh

Mr Clutch but remember the stats were manipulated so these type of stats don’t count, yes Dak is clutch but Mahomes is middle of the road no wonder folks are whiling to pay Dak anything who wants a bum like PM

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
From your very own link:

"Like with any statistical analysis, this should be taken with a grain of salt as no single one tells the entire story of a team or in this case a quarterback. "

Owned. ":muttley:"
Well he did throw the most TD’s last year and led the league in accuracy. How bout that stat?

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I would say Tyron won that battle as did most, Bosa had zero sacks, two pressures, Tyron had him on lockdown all day. Dak choked in that game, just like he did against GB, with the "deer in headlights" interceptions.
Nick Bosa won the plays that mattered, as did Fred Warner.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I’ve have seen a lot of ridiculous metrics used to manufacture bogus statistics, but this one just might take the cake. It’s so obviously late June… Ridiculous.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Great job explaining and detailing what 3 5-11 seasons would look like AGAIN ...
Your take has been the Washington Commanders Team building philosophy since Kirk Cousins didn't get them to the NFC Championship Game.. Sam Howell says hello, He loved your style till Chase Daniels did :lmao2: :lmao2:
:hammer: Nailed it.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Dak is definitely clutch.

Unless you define "clutch" as winning when it matters most, and seizing the opportunity for greatness. He can't do any of that.

But aside from those 2 minor things, he's definitely clutch.

GINeric

Reaction score
Can you please answer the original question? Since Dilpher and Foles led their teams to Superbowl victories and Marino and Kelly didn't..... according to the logic used, Dilpher and Foles are obviously more clutch than Marino and Kelly, correct??

I know it's hard, but can you avoid deflecting, ducking and dodging the question this time? Is that too difficult to answer or something??

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can you please answer the original question? Since Dilpher and Foles led their teams to Superbowl victories and Marino and Kelly didn't..... according to the logic used, Dilpher and Foles are obviously more clutch than Marino and Kelly, correct??

I know it's hard, but can you avoid deflecting, ducking and dodging the question this time? Is that too difficult to answer or something??
It's a team is all I have, but I don't know what that has to do with Prescott?

Status
Not open for further replies.