Dallas Cowboys QB Dak Prescott leads NFL in a statistical look at measuring level of clutch'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you please answer the original question? Since Dilpher and Foles led their teams to Superbowl victories and Marino and Kelly didn't..... according to the logic used, Dilpher and Foles are obviously more clutch than Marino and Kelly, correct??

I know it's hard, but can you avoid deflecting, ducking and dodging the question this time? Is that too difficult to answer or something??
So you have to ask yourself...honestly. When did Dilfer, Foles, or even even Brad johnson...ever gift the other team 14 free easy points in the 1st half?

I await your answer and will move my game piece when you do.

GINeric

Reaction score
So you have to ask yourself...honestly. When did Dilfer, Foles, or even even Brad johnson...ever gift the other team 14 free easy points in the 1st half?

I await your answer and will move my game piece when you do.

I will gladly answer any of your questions once mine is answered. I don't know how yall were brought up, but I was always taught to never answer a question WITH a question.

Since you want to intervene so bad, maybe you can help your "partner in deflecting" out....

Since Dilpher and Foles were able to lead their team to a Superbowl championship..... obviously they are more clutch than Kelly and Marino who clearly never led their teams to a Superbowl championship.... correct? According to the "clutch" logic, right?

Now are you going to deflect, dodge and duck this question like you all do quite often or are you going to answer a clear cut question like an adult and I'd be more than happy to respect you and answer your question.....

GINeric

Reaction score
It's a team is all I have, but I don't know what that has to do with Prescott?

Well a statement was made as far as the "clutch" measurements in the post-season. They used post-season examples of what "clutch" meant. Obviously Dak has not been clutch in the post-season compared to other top quarterbacks....

So I applied the same standards according to the logic used to measure Dak's play.

With that said I do agree with you that it's a TEAM thing.... but it can't be a team thing for other quarterbacks but an individual category for Cowboys quarterbacks.... so according to the original logic that was used, Foles and Dilpher are clearly more clutch than Kelly and Marino because Kelly and Marino couldn't lead their respective teams to Superbowl victories like Foles and Dilpher.

If we're going to use a certain standard for one quarterback, all other quarterbacks have to be measured by that same identical standard. The hypocrisy and double standards has to go.

Motorola

Reaction score
Dak fans will do anything to try to prove his worth lmao. Please show me where he was clutch last year against Bills, 49ers, Packers etc...
Don't forget the fifth loss v. Cardinals.
But the excuse for that game is C Biadasz and RG Martin were out for that game..
But the blame should be shouldered on the team committing 13 penalties for 107 yards, plus driving inside the Cardinals' 10-yard line THREE TIMES- yet only getting TWO FIELD GOALS.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
Kudos to Dak and all the guys that are ranked in the Top Ten on the list, but the true definition of clutch is what we saw in the Super Bowl a few months ago.. Mahomes didn't play his best game, but when it truly mattered, at the expense of the 49ers defense he demonstrated the true meaning of CLUTCH.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
IMG-0504.jpg

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...y-created-statistic-measuring-level-of-clutch

:popcorn:
In a world where clutch playoff performances don't matter...
1*hiAoaggG0Gvlp519RpqAgA.jpeg

Last edited:

davidr295

Reaction score
Can you please answer the original question? Since Dilpher and Foles led their teams to Superbowl victories and Marino and Kelly didn't..... according to the logic used, Dilpher and Foles are obviously more clutch than Marino and Kelly, correct??

I know it's hard, but can you avoid deflecting, ducking and dodging the question this time? Is that too difficult to answer or something??
Dilpher, Marino, and Kelly played in a different era of football. Foles is the one outlier and it took a trick play.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

It doesn’t compute with them. They’re short of RAM.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ve have seen a lot of ridiculous metrics used to manufacture bogus statistics, but this one just might take the cake. It’s so obviously late June… Ridiculous.
I get it. It doesn’t agree with your agenda. So just move along.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dilpher, Marino, and Kelly played in a different era of football. Foles is the one outlier and it took a trick play.

Oh wow.... the different era excuse. No disrespect to you per say, but they don't get that excuse. If Dak and any other quarterback is judged by a standard, they ALL are judged by the same standards.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I just saw this statistic from an unbiased independent QB rating system (JerryJones Twitter Acct), and here it is

Dak's jersey number (4) + avg QB rating in SEPT and OCT + Sexual Assault Cases he's skated on MINUS number of Career Divisional Round Playoff Wins (0) MULTIPLIED by AVG # INT in playoff games (3.8) MULTIPLIED by Pie (key lime) MINUS his PICK SIX ranking over last 2 years (1st) DIVIDED by the average number of ounces of urine in Jerry's pants at any given time (635) = 17.936

Dak is first in NFL in this statistic.

I bet the haters will poo all over this achievement though, and claim it's "stat manipulation"

60 mil a year? Make it 70. He deserves it, and we deserve him.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
If Dak can somehow figure out his issue with the post snap read especially in the Playoffs this team wins a championship or 2. If he doesn’t well he will be just another wasted talent at QB.

Qcard

Reaction score
Oh wow.... the different era excuse. No disrespect to you per se, but they don't get that excuse. If Dak and any other quarterback is judged by a standard, they ALL are judged by the same standards.
Dude did not watch the Cowboys playoff game 1997 (1996 Season) where Brad Johnson threw 2INTs in the 1st half. Vikings were down 27-0 :laugh: :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.