Dallas Cowboys star rips practice preparations in expletive-laden rant

Blackrain

Reaction score
giphy.gif
I wonder if Dak’s going to tell him to just get off of the bandwagon

That’s getting to be a really small wagon.
Truth you can about fit all the people that believe in what we're doing in a radio flyer right about now

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
QB or any offensive player shouldn't comment and get in the middle of a defensive argument between defensive players. that would be absolute worst thing to do and just things exploding even worse.....
Egads!
No one is interjecting any QB in a defensive scrum.
A QB leads both units is what I implied and you inferred wrong, Houston boy.

Aven8

Reaction score
It's obvious some players on both sides of the ball are dogging it and teammates are fed up. Players have high tolerance levels and it is rare for them to call out teammates in public coz they all make mistakes. From what I can tell, you have some players freelancing for stats and/or splash plays.

BTW, has anyone else noticed Carson began tackling more aggressively after he gave up the catch and run?
I will tell you although chasing the play downfield I see Dlaw hauling butt all the way down field to try and make tackle.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even though I didn’t read the article, this reminds of when Dak called out everybody but himself, Zeke and Witten for not practicing hard in 2019, when the offense stagnated and Dallas was right up there with Detroit on third down efficiency, meaning like dead last. Then Dak later on ended the season by throwing 40 times against the Eagles and couldn’t even break double digits, getting eliminated from playoff contention by Carson Wentz.

khiladi

Reaction score
Actually, I just read what Dak said about practice as an excuse for losing to the Ravens.

"By knowing where you're supposed to be. Knowing your reads, knowing where you're supposed to line up, knowing your routes - adjustments versus certain coverages," Prescott said, per DallasCowboys.com. "Every part of what being a professional is it's doing your job and being prepared for every part of the job.

"So time away from the building to being in the building, just being a pro and understanding that you can only get so many practice reps, but you can watch the film, you can do all these other things that'll help make up for it," he added.

“"And we just got to be more focused. And that's what, to me on offense, we haven't been as focused as we should be. We've had a few mental errors that were crucial. And to me it just goes into being professional and understanding what you got to do."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...owboys-massive-early-stumble-baltimore-ravens

That isn’t just Thursday and the fact he talks about not being in the building, it seems to be a jab at CeeDee Lamb who was sitting out. It is like Dak, 2019 all over again.

And I find it comical Dak talks about “knowing your reads”, when he’s out there throwing into double coverage without looking.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Actually, I just read what Dak said about practice as an excuse for losing to the Ravens.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...owboys-massive-early-stumble-baltimore-ravens

That isn’t just Thursday and the fact he talks about not being in the building, it seems to be a jab at CeeDee Lamb who was sitting out. It is like Dak, 2019 all over again.

And I find it comical Dak talks about “knowing your reads”, when he’s out there throwing into double coverage without looking.
We should all throw a party at The Star on the last day of Dak’s contract and celebrate it like New Years and countdown until his contract expires at midnight. Only then will the Cowboys be free of his shackles on this team.

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
A loss to New York would be amazing.

This team going 3-14, or better yet, 1-16, is the only thing that's going to change things.
Nothing will change much. Jerry will still be the GM. Everything stars with him.
We should all throw a party at The Star on the last day of Dak’s contract and celebrate it like New Years and countdown until his contract expires at midnight. Only then will the Cowboys be free of his shackles on this team.
it won’t matter though. Jerry is notorious for giving players terrible contracts. Jerry’s priority first and foremost, is to make money. So long as fans keep giving their money to Jerry, nothing will change. It’s been that way for almost 30 years. Jerry has had decades to change and he hasn’t. When he signs a long contract, he takes into account Jersey sells and market ability of that player. He will probably find a way to sign Parsons and you’ll have three guys eating up a huge part of the cap. This team is going to be screwed for the next 4 to 5 years.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think it's time for Zimmer/McCarthy/Schottenheimer to call guys out.

They say "keep it in the lockerroom, but nah. Clearly that's not working.

I'm not saying they need to embarrass guys, but make it known, you play well or you don't play.

Problem... does Dallas even have the depth to be able to do that?

Staubacher

Reaction score
Funny I kept getting told here that Dak was a great leader and the players would run through a wall for him.

Now we know they have crappy practices, get boat raced repeatedly at home and point fingers at one another and even the fans and media.

Where's the leadership?? Is he good at arranging poker games or something?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I will tell you although chasing the play downfield I see Dlaw hauling butt all the way down field to try and make tackle.
More often than not, he's cleaning up another teammate's mistake.......how many times did we hear him, Parsons and Diggs say we just need each player to do HIS JOB. Also, notice not one of the players pointed the fingers at Zimm or the coaching staff.

CWR

Reaction score
Funny I kept getting told here that Dak was a great leader and the players would run through a wall for him.

Now we know they have crappy practices, get boat raced repeatedly at home and point fingers at one another and even the fans and media.

Where's the leadership?? Is he good at arranging poker games or something?
Maybe on offense you can hold him accountable, but there's not a single qb in the league "leading" a defense in practice.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm confused.......you don't talk tough AFTER the Bully takes your lunch money. When has #2 been tough on any game film? How are you tough if the Bully taking lunch money on a regular basis?

Grandma, now at the bus stop saying......"You better not come home, sayin' you didn't eat lunch at school, again." SMH.

grandmother-pointing_1149-205.jpg