Dallas Cowboys state of the union

Hadenough

Reaction score
Buffalo is actually going through the same things we are. When you have won this much it just needs to be reloaded year after year until it runs out. We have three of the top players in football with Micah, Lamb, and Diggs.

Good drafting has gotten us here and Mikes approach. It’s time to take the next step.
If it wasn't for Mahomes being another GOAT Josh Allen would have a ring or two. Allen is. Carrying that whole Bills team.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
While our priorities are out of whack with our dysfunctional ownership to be fair you really shouldn’t totally shake up a playoff contender with 3 straight 12 win seasons.

Yes, we are very disappointed and frustrated by the early playoff exits or choke jobs, however you want to describe it, but this is one of the best teams these idiots have put together this era and isn’t really qualified or has history of totally starting over not to stay the course.

With our situation this is probably best direction to go. Hang on to core of your playoff team and try to build upon it best you can. A few tweaks, edits and new additions . When it bottoms out then you start over or shake it up.

Continued on following pages…
I agree with this

fivetwos

Reaction score
Somewhere as we speak the Jones boys are eating a steak and chuckling at how the Ravens just gave 98 million to a non impact position player that doesn’t sell jerseys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Somewhere as we speak the Jones boys are eating a steak and chuckling at how the Ravens just gave 98 million to a non impact position player that doesn’t sell jerseys.
Yea, it’s why we can’t take the Cowboys too seriously this era as our owners priorities are out of whack.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If it wasn't for Mahomes being another GOAT Josh Allen would have a ring or two. Allen is. Carrying that whole Bills team.
Yea, I had Allen taking them all the way. Thought they could get by Chiefs at home. Thought Ravens would be a tougher out.

But Mahomes was on a mission on the road. Just an amazing stat those were his first road playoffs games in his 6th season starting.

Thank goodness most of the great QB’s and teams are in AFC.

Aven8

Reaction score
He actually has a lot of the same problems as Dak with playing small and untimely picks in big games. See last season against Cincy at home.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He actually has a lot of the same problems as Dak with playing small and untimely picks in big games. See last season against Cincy at home.
Yea, he tries to do too much sometimes . Too confident in that big arm.

But what Cowboy fan wouldn't want him?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys thread.

Not politics, economy, covid, wages, inflation or the price of rice in China.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Until there's a re-set at the 2 most important positions on the team, head coach and QB, the results of team failure will remain the same.

Your post history has shown that you are not the biggest Jerry supporter so I was kinda hoping on a different themed post of shake it up and let's see what happens instead of run it back with SlerpNumber and McFraud and just waste another year

Which is exactly what Jerry's doing.

jmo
Yes , that is how I see it,and I am not opposed to dak being qb for another year.
The main problem is MM as HC, and Jerry hiring the DC.
He should have hired BB, and let him hire Zim if that is who he wanted.

The way it looks to me is Jerry may switch to Zim as HC if they fail again this season.
Passing on BB was a huge mistake ,BB would have had a better roster to work with than he has had in a long time.

MM has cost the team games with poor preparation for games, poor game plans, poor game mgmt, and last year poor playcalling.
BB excelled at those things.

Jerry thinks it is the roster, but it is the other things a good HC would give a team that is lacking.
Just recently bill beat Buffalo in Buffalo by running on every play, no passing on a windy night in buffalo.
Can anyone see MM doing that? Bill usually can neutralize the other teams best offensive player.
MM cant and wont do that. Bills teams are always prepared, and usually dont get a lot of stupid penalties.
They know the fundamentals,and they play hard in big games.

Those things can help win a few games a year which can give you the top seed.

With the schedule being as tough as it is this year, I can predict now dallas wont hit 12 wins this year, and if they make the playoffs
they still wont get past the div round.
It might be fun to watch but it will be another wasted year, and no telling what the jones boys do going forward.
They had the chance to solve a major problem but blew it. So just more of the same crap we are bored with.

I guess they could still hire BB next year, but I doubt they will.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes , that is how I see it,and I am not opposed to dak being qb for another year.
The main problem is MM as HC, and Jerry hiring the DC.
He should have hired BB, and let him hire Zim if that is who he wanted.

The way it looks to me is Jerry may switch to Zim as HC if they fail again this season.
Passing on BB was a huge mistake ,BB would have had a better roster to work with than he has had in a long time.

MM has cost the team games with poor preparation for games, poor game plans, poor game mgmt, and last year poor playcalling.
BB excelled at those things.

Jerry thinks it is the roster, but it is the other things a good HC would give a team that is lacking.
Just recently bill beat Buffalo in Buffalo by running on every play, no passing on a windy night in buffalo.
Can anyone see MM doing that? Bill usually can neutralize the other teams best offensive player.
MM cant and wont do that. Bills teams are always prepared, and usually dont get a lot of stupid penalties.
They know the fundamentals,and they play hard in big games.

Those things can help win a few games a year which can give you the top seed.

With the schedule being as tough as it is this year, I can predict now dallas wont hit 12 wins this year, and if they make the playoffs
they still wont get past the div round.
It might be fun to watch but it will be another wasted year, and no telling what the jones boys do going forward.
They had the chance to solve a major problem but blew it. So just more of the same crap we are bored with.

I guess they could still hire BB next year, but I doubt they will.
You think Jethro will fire a HC or just let walk who makes playoffs 4 consecutive seasons ?

I’m not saying he should or shouldn’t but trying to sense what he will do.

But I’d expect the same boredom as you put it more likely to continue just like with Dak.

Making playoffs consistently despite disappointing endings is a comfortable place for Jethro .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You think Jethro will fire a HC or just let walk who makes playoffs 4 consecutive seasons ?

I’m not saying he should or shouldn’t but trying to sense what he will do.

But I’d expect the same boredom as you put it more likely to continue just like with Dak.

Making playoffs consistently despite disappointing endings is a comfortable place for Jethro .
true but if he is basing it on last 3 yrs in playoffs, why not extend him ?
It seems like jerry wants his options open next year with mm and dak, and maybe others.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
true but if he is basing it on last 3 yrs in playoffs, why not extend him ?
It seems like jerry wants his options open next year with mm and dak, and maybe others.
My hunch is he’s waiting because public perception which wanted him fired. And since he’s under contract another season he has time.

Dak situation a little different with him wanting to set a new Market price for contract.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My hunch is he’s waiting because public perception which wanted him fired. And since he’s under contract another season he has time.

Dak situation a little different with him wanting to set a new Market price for contract.
Apologies but you're drawing straws if Dak doesn't get an extension by March 13th.
Do you believe (if Dak isn't a post-June 1st cut) that with this roster Dakster can perform and take this team to the SB to keep his job?
Bud enjoy Dakko while you can as if he's still on the roster come kick-off time its his last season as a Cowboy!