Twitter: Dallas Cowboys the first sports franchise to break $10B

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
The city won't even build the Chiefs a a news stadium :laugh: and they're threatening to leave. You would think a super bowl would buy you a little more love:angry:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Who needs to actually compete for a Super Bowl when you're breaking these records???

Here is the problem my friends, when the value of the franchise keeps increasing year after year after year regardless of the actual results on the field, what is the motivation or impetus to do better?

Think of it this way......

If I show up 2 hours late for work each day, file my reports 2 weeks after the due date, forget to lock the doors and set the alarm when I leave, but I still get a 20% raise every January, why would I change?

So, why after doing things "his way" for 30 years but still reaping the financial rewards, why would Jerry change anything at this point, serious question.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who needs to actually compete for a Super Bowl when you're breaking these records???

He can probably sell it tomorrow for 15 Billion and maybe more.
$ ain't what it used to be these days.....

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Some crossover here from some guys who claim we are strange or weird for worrying about what players make (as if there's no salary cap) , but are in here flexing on this.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

this is bad news for the fans. Jerry just broke the 10B barrier doing what he does. so why should he change? he achieved his goal. he is making more money, adding value and never winning anything. far and above any other franchise in NFL.

DZSierra

Reaction score
The city won't even build the Chiefs a a news stadium :laugh: and they're threatening to leave. You would think a super bowl would buy you a little more love:angry:
Funny thing, out of 32 teams, the Chiefs are ranked at #18.

The Cowboys are apparently doing it right, and the Chiefs are doing it completely wrong.

Go figure...

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's too bad. I just saved $8 billion but now I don't have enough to buy the team. Guess I'll be working extra shifts this weekend.

leeblair

Reaction score

No time for football; the money is too big.
Now the almighty dollar sign is the trophy.
A roster must be chosen that will please demographics.
Winning just enough to keep fans believing that "next year will be the one" keeps the sales going.
Bungling Bros and Jerry and Stephen Circus.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Cue the Jerry only cares about money crowd.
And this has nothing to do with the salary cap or how to use it.
I’m not making that argument but listening to the Ticket now it is strange we are one of the lowest spending teams on cash spending, coaches, staff etc…basically he could go all out on non cap expenditures

Last edited:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not making that argument but listening to the Ticket now it is strange we are one of the lowest spending teams on cash spending, coaches, staff etc…basically he could go all out on non cap expenditures
It's not strange. Jerry is a businessman that role-plays as an NFL GM.

John813

Reaction score

These billionaires should actually invest into their team. Old stadium your team plays in? Pay for it yourself.
Ridiculous for the common person to pay for a billionaires investment.

All this job creation talk is just BS.

Only Owner I know that actually paid for upgrades was Stephen Ross who put down 350-400mil to upgrade Hard Rock stadium, but he wanted a 2-4 mil a year tax break.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cue the Jerry only cares about money crowd.
And this has nothing to do with the salary cap or how to use it.
:hammer:You are correct every time we see this they say ohh he's cheap he's not using his money as if this is like the New York Yankees and Major League Baseball... Which by the way I think that maybe Jerry should buy the Texas Rangers and then he could spend as much money as he wants like the Yankees and the dodgers and these other teams that are trying to buy championships at every year... You know in an uncapped league with small rosters and 160 plus games

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
These billionaires should actually invest into their team. Old stadium your team plays in? Pay for it yourself.

Only Owner I know that actually paid for upgrades was Stephen Ross who put down 350-400mil to upgrade Hard Rock stadium, but he wanted a 2-4 mil a year tax break.
So you're wrong the stadium in Arlington first of all was only 50% funded by the city but it's still owned by the city therefore Jerry Jones paid for half a stadium that he still has to lease back and by the way the city of Arlington uses it for about 50 other functions a year literally we're about to have the world's Soccer League in here and they're even changing the name on top of the top of the stadiums so maybe in some cities that may be the case but you're 100% wrong about the Dallas Cowboys and the billionaires literally the Dallas Cowboys do not outright own AT&T stadium they literally paid for half have the rights to use it but they also pay money back to Arlington for the use of it..

And by the way again I don't care what happens in other cities I live in Arlington I'm part of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce I can promise you it did create more jobs you don't have any bad areas you know like strip bars old bars falling down houses and things that got torn down when they started redoing that area for AT&T the roads got better they started building more things how do you think that the Miller Lite and that all those bars right across the street and then the new stadium for the Rangers happened the E sports stadium all this stuff in Arlington upgraded after the Cowboys came here that whole entire area has nicer places to go nicer restaurants it's got new hotels yes this was all because of the Dallas Cowboys it does create jobs...​
It may not be like that in all areas and all states for all teams but I promise you that did happen here in Arlington and Dallas was dumb for not having this in fair park because if any place needs an upgrade it's the fair park area going to the zoo and the fair and all that crap it's horrible over there the streets are terrible getting in and out it's terrible getting your car broken into or you break down in that area yeah good luck with trying to get an Uber or something to come pick you up in the middle of the night..​
So before you flap your gums you might want to know the details and go to all 32 teams and figure out what their deal was with their city but a 1% tax increase, what's the tax just like it was for the Rangers first stadium it got paid off early and we no longer are being taxed for it that stadium is clear, free and clear and it has been for a long time the city of Arlington and the downtown part of Arlington has been affected only positively since AT&T was built..​
Please don't come on here with nonsense I live over here I know I'm not saying it's like making Arlington into like Chicago or New York it never would Arlington is not like that but Arlington is the entertainment capital DFW and so much more things were built and brought here to make that possible because of the Cowboys being here and again Laura Miller was an idiot for not approving it for Dallas and I thank her for that because now I'm only an 8 mile Uber ride up to the stadium where I wanna go, And all the other things when I got dropped off over there now you could just walk around, there's so many things to do that weren't there before...​
OH, and by the way I think the Texas Rangers almost got taken by the city of Dallas and there's a reason they did it it's because the city of Arlington along with the Dallas Cowboys being there they didn't see the need to move they created a great area over there...​

gtb1943

Reaction score

some of the teams actually do not have the money. Not all are owned by multi billionaires.
But most are and expecting cities to shell out is wrong.
Jerry could easily build another stadium and when he built the space ship could have done it all by his lonesome
but businessmen think of the bottom line all the time

blueblood70

Reaction score
For some reason I thought the Cowboys had already passed the 10 Billion dollar mark but I guess I thinking about Jerry's total net worth which was including all of Jerry's investments like the complex in Frisco and the surrounding area.
No if that were the case I bet he's closer to 15 or 20 billion , the dude owns a series of papa john's franchises etc and his original oil investments etc.

looked it up

Jerry Jones/Net worth
14.1 billion USD

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::oldcouple::oldcouple::oldcouple::oldcouple::oldcouple::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

LETS ALL GO CELEBRATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is better than a SB win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!