Twitter: Dallas Cowboys the first sports franchise to break $10B

blueblood70

Reaction score
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::oldcouple::oldcouple::oldcouple::oldcouple::oldcouple::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

LETS ALL GO CELEBRATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is better than a SB win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about this how about let the sarcasm calm down and realize this is salary cap and everyone has the same salary cap give or take and the fact is Jerry didn't announce this this is people constantly having the Cowboys used to create stories that gets people talking it's called clickbait it's for ratings it's for content creators to do this very thing you're talking about it now Jerry doesn't care that you know he's worth $14.2 billion he's been a billionaire for a very long time and if it was just about money he would sell this team for how much of A profit you know just like Mark Cuban just did sold about 75% of The Mavericks and made like 1000% profit like the man can walk away anytime now.....

If you can buy a Super Bowl win Jerry would, I mean this is not Major League Baseball there's a hard salary cap it's one of the worst salary caps in sports to try to deal with because then you're one and done in the playoffs you don't have seven chances you have a limited amount of games a very long offseason so can we keep Super Bowls and actually play on the field and rosters out of this every time someone mentions how much the Cowboys are worth because it doesn't matter,

they're two very separate things...

quick google search ,

Jerry's actually 7th on the list of NFL owners and riches net worth literally the guy below who owns the Broncos it's worth five times more than Jerry I mean I'm not gonna do the math but 77 billion to 14 billion is that equating to Super Bowls?
If you can buy a Super Bowl win Jerry would, I mean this is not Major League Baseball there's a hard salary cap it's one of the worst salary caps in sports to try to deal with because then you're one and done in the playoffs you don't have seven chances you have a limited amount of games a very long offseason so can we keep Super Bowls and actually play on the field and rosters out of this every time someone mentions how much the Cowboys are worth because it doesn't matter,

quick google search ,
Jerry's actually 7th on the list of NFL owners and riches net worth literally the guy below who owns the Broncos it's worth five times more than Jerry I mean I'm not gonna do the math but 77 billion to 14 billion is that equating to Super Bowls?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-richest-owners-net-worth-ranked/

Rob Walton

Surprisingly, the wealthiest owner is Rob Walton, the heir to the Walmart empire. Walton acquired the Broncos along with his sister Carrie Walton Penner and her husband Greg Penner, and a number or minor shareholders. Walton's net worth is nearly triple that of the Hunt family, at a staggering $77.4 billion.Apr 12, 2024

blueblood70

Reaction score

quick google search ,
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-richest-owners-net-worth-ranked/

this is interesting look at this list it doesn't matter which billionaire owners are the richest or what they have their team ranked at is richest because it doesn't matter we have a salary cap people but it's interesting to see like the Carolina Panthers and some other teams that are consummate losers in this league have one of the richest owners.. Not the most valuable team the richest owners.

Rob Walton

Surprisingly, the wealthiest owner is Rob Walton, the heir to the Walmart empire. Walton acquired the Broncos along with his sister Carrie Walton Penner and her husband Greg Penner, and a number or minor shareholders. Walton's net worth is nearly triple that of the Hunt family, at a staggering $77.4 billion.Apr 12, 2024

John813

Reaction score
So you're wrong the stadium in Arlington first of all was only 50% funded by the city but it's still owned by the city therefore Jerry Jones paid for half a stadium that he still has to lease back and by the way the city of Arlington uses it for about 50 other functions a year literally we're about to have the world's Soccer League in here and they're even changing the name on top of the top of the stadiums so maybe in some cities that may be the case but you're 100% wrong about the Dallas Cowboys and the billionaires literally the Dallas Cowboys do not outright own AT&T stadium they literally paid for half have the rights to use it but they also pay money back to Arlington for the use of it..

And by the way again I don't care what happens in other cities I live in Arlington I'm part of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce I can promise you it did create more jobs you don't have any bad areas you know like strip bars old bars falling down houses and things that got torn down when they started redoing that area for AT&T the roads got better they started building more things how do you think that the Miller Lite and that all those bars right across the street and then the new stadium for the Rangers happened the E sports stadium all this stuff in Arlington upgraded after the Cowboys came here that whole entire area has nicer places to go nicer restaurants it's got new hotels yes this was all because of the Dallas Cowboys it does create jobs...​
It may not be like that in all areas and all states for all teams but I promise you that did happen here in Arlington and Dallas was dumb for not having this in fair park because if any place needs an upgrade it's the fair park area going to the zoo and the fair and all that crap it's horrible over there the streets are terrible getting in and out it's terrible getting your car broken into or you break down in that area yeah good luck with trying to get an Uber or something to come pick you up in the middle of the night..​
So before you flap your gums you might want to know the details and go to all 32 teams and figure out what their deal was with their city but a 1% tax increase, what's the tax just like it was for the Rangers first stadium it got paid off early and we no longer are being taxed for it that stadium is clear, free and clear and it has been for a long time the city of Arlington and the downtown part of Arlington has been affected only positively since AT&T was built..​
Please don't come on here with nonsense I live over here I know I'm not saying it's like making Arlington into like Chicago or New York it never would Arlington is not like that but Arlington is the entertainment capital DFW and so much more things were built and brought here to make that possible because of the Cowboys being here and again Laura Miller was an idiot for not approving it for Dallas and I thank her for that because now I'm only an 8 mile Uber ride up to the stadium where I wanna go, And all the other things when I got dropped off over there now you could just walk around, there's so many things to do that weren't there before...​
OH, and by the way I think the Texas Rangers almost got taken by the city of Dallas and there's a reason they did it it's because the city of Arlington along with the Dallas Cowboys being there they didn't see the need to move they created a great area over there...​

I never mentioned anything about Arlington. Get on some medication.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I never mentioned anything about Arlington. Get on some medication.
Actually we're talking about the Cowboys and the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and you had to bring up stadiums so yes you're going to get that kind of reaction from me... Literally, in this thread talking about the Dallas cowboy's owner and you brought up the stadiums..hmm nice try you try and take jab got an uppercut and now use the seek medication response LMAO.

John813

Reaction score
some of the teams actually do not have the money. Not all are owned by multi billionaires.
But most are and expecting cities to shell out is wrong.
Jerry could easily build another stadium and when he built the space ship could have done it all by his lonesome
but businessmen think of the bottom line all the time

For sure. Mark Davis is one owner who is rich in terms of net worth, but there were rumors of a cash crunch during the Mack/Cooper season when both had the same agent and he traded both off due to the amount of signing bonus Mack wanted.

Just in general I hate how owners in general expect the local city or county to fund the stadiums while they reap the most rewards from it.
I get it's business and they would prefer to invest as little of their own money as they can.

John813

Reaction score
Actually we're talking about the Cowboys and the owner of the Dallas Cowboys and you had to bring up stadiums so yes you're going to get that kind of reaction from me... Literally, in this thread talking about the Dallas cowboy's owner and you brought up the stadiums..hmm nice try you try and take jab got an uppercut and now use the seek medication response LMAO.
I quoted a post about the Chiefs stadium. Like I said, get help.

Never mentioned the Cowboys or Arlington.

I don't care about your opinion.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I quoted a post about the Chiefs stadium. Like I said, get help.

Never mentioned the Cowboys or Arlington.

I don't care about your opinion.
doesn't matter not following what you DID NOT QUOTE just your post alone.. seek help yourself

Plankton

Reaction score
Jerry_Nod.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Most valuable franchise in the world, one of the most profitable in the world.

And yet the owner/GM is worried about having to pay a head coach to sit on the couch for a year after he fires him.

LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Cue the Jerry only cares about money crowd.
And this has nothing to do with the salary cap or how to use it.
But actually it kind of does. Again, you people fall for the Cowboys' accounting tricks where they can claim they are cap strapped by how they work contracts. We have the physical data and it shows that despite being the most valuable franchise in sports and one of the most profitable, the Cowboys, over the last decade, have been in the bottom third of NFL franchises for actual CASH SPENT on the roster. In other words, teams were may more aggressive in working the cap to try to win than Jerry and his son.

Further, Jerry also lamented what he called dead money for coaches and how it's a problem. In other words, Jerry is too cheap to have to fire a coach and pay out his contract, so instead, he'll just keep a coach until his contract runs out, regardless of whether or not he really feels a guy needs to go.

At the end of the day, I am not sure what conclusions you want to reach here but the reality is that the Cowboys seem bizarrely stingy despite the fact they have the best resources in all of sports.

bandfan

Reaction score
These billionaires should actually invest into their team. Old stadium your team plays in? Pay for it yourself.
Ridiculous for the common person to pay for a billionaires investment.

All this job creation talk is just BS.

Only Owner I know that actually paid for upgrades was Stephen Ross who put down 350-400mil to upgrade Hard Rock stadium, but he wanted a 2-4 mil a year tax break.
The very first rule of business(make no mistake, this is a business) is use other people's money.

bandfan

Reaction score
Somebody gonna have to explain the correlation between franchise value and how it decreases the will to win. They couldn't have less to do with each other...

reddyuta

Reaction score
Jerry can probably get 20 billion if he wants to sell but we are stuck with the Jones family forever.