News: Dallas Cowboys will limit stadium capacity to start 2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
not many i know it sounds callous but both flu strains together kill that many in the same risk category each year WITH A VACCINE only 50% of the us population opt into, odd its kills you and you decide NOT to get vaccinated. Oh BTW people with vaccines still die..

if 170k were in chart which ive seen its a tiny red dot you need a magnifying glass to see..

those trying to force their ideals and values on others using the same information we have is ridiculous, we who might agree with having sports back and letting fans choose are not the ones making the decsions, so stop attacking us with your opinions..
have you been to a Walmart, total wine, home depot Lowes, or restaurants lately? umm they are what id call at full capacity, no parking etc road ways are back to normal, people are out Movies and others things opening back up, just dont do it if you dont like it but normalcy is coming back slowly but surely and this virus will be around forever , we will overcome it like the others..

we all have the choice and it will be personal one for all, you cant yell loud enough or make statements that will change that..

Your numbers are woefully wrong. According to the CDC from 2018-2019 ONLY 34K people died from the flu and that was the worst for many years. That's FIVE TIMES LESS than now and it's still growing. Ever since states have opened up things the numbers of new cases has spiked with more people being tested and a higher percentage of people catching it. Many states that originally opened up states are now walking that back and have passed laws for people to have to wear face masks.

People like you who think it's just a personal decision is a large part of the problem. The people that have no symptoms have no problem being in public spreading it and just don't see that until this gets under control that for the good of the majority we all have to help stop this. This includes all the me me me people. Not having fans isn't just protecting the players but a means to help the entire population, the fans in the stands, from possibly getting and/or spreading it.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Your numbers are woefully wrong. According to the CDC from 2018-2019 ONLY 34K people died from the flu and that was the worst for many years. That's FIVE TIMES LESS than now and it's still growing. Ever since states have opened up things the numbers of new cases has spiked with more people being tested and a higher percentage of people catching it. Many states that originally opened up states are now walking that back and have passed laws for people to have to wear face masks.

People like you who think it's just a personal decision is a large part of the problem. The people that have no symptoms have no problem being in public spreading it and just don't see that until this gets under control that for the good of the majority we all have to help stop this. This includes all the me me me people. Not having fans isn't just protecting the players but a means to help the entire population, the fans in the stands, from possibly getting and/or spreading it.

It’s no use. Until the virus PERSONALLY impacts them, they won’t care.

Guarantee if their daughter son, mother, wife or anyone they would take a bullet for got it they’d change their tune in a heart beat

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The irony of this situation is that a large majority of the people that would gather in a crowd that size are most likely anti-maskers. They do not have to wear one when eating or drinking. When aren't you eating or drinking at a game?

On the plus side, the % of people that are in the high risk category should be next to 0. The minus is where these people go after the game and the next week.

My question is isn't the NFL all about parity? How is it a level playing field for some owners to have fans, and additional revenue, and others not? It seems that a league wide policy would be fairer to all of the teams. At minimum, a sharing of the take from teams that can have fans should be in place.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Good for Jerry. Sad he is limiting capacity but I guess he has to with all the whiners and wusses out there. Open Up, Fill it UP and let's play ball. So tired of everyone being scared and running and hiding away. While I will not pay the crazy prices to attend an NFL game, if someone wants to donate me 4 tickets Me and My family will gladly go.
were you born an idiot or did you just become one earlier this year

Maverick84

Reaction score
Yah, they are already out and about but they didn’t just come from a football game with crowds and bathrooms without social distancing. It’s not about paranoia or your rights; it’s a virus that’s killed over 160,000 people already. You’re so worried about paranoia ruining your life ? Think getting Covid-19 might ruin your day ? What is so friggin complicated ? Man, do people try to be purposely dense about this.
if it's not this, it's something else.

essentially, it's always something with those miserable idiots.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
what are the cowboys doing that makes them special or more equipped than the texas rangers?
They have jerry jones running the show lol, he has a lot of money and power. And he wants the show to go on and he wants the fans there.
He may even come off the yacht for the games lol.
They say it is a "safe stadium" with their policys.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
were you born an idiot or did you just become one earlier this year
The only idiots I know are those that hide and quiver in fear over the possibilities of what might happen. And as long as they have their way, this country will be ran into the ground. Open up. Fill it up and let’s play ball and move on. Whatever happens happens.

quickccc

Reaction score
IMO its not up to them , if the state allows it and the team wants it , then the NFL can suk it..its called home field advantage this isnt the bubble and if its legal to allow fans , then you let fans and the Team worry about what they do..

unfortunately you're right. its not NFL mandatory policy when it comes to state policies including NFL stadiums,
So long as these stadiums are complying with state health regulations, which includes masks, social distancing and spacing, and
sanitizing methods and number capacity allowed. Only thing NFL can do, is cancel the NFL based on uncontrollable outbreak.
Its up to these sites and business corporations ala NASCAR, Six Flags of Texas or State Fair of Texas, etc. if they want to choose to accomodate the challenges ..or bow out.

If fact, should Jerry's involve-fans stadium bid flourishes with the first couple of weeks at home, ..i'll betcha at least a few other
NFL teams follow lead with the same limited fan involvement as Jerry's risk.

blueblood70

Reaction score
unfortunately you're right. its not NFL mandatory policy when it comes to state policies including NFL stadiums,
So long as these stadiums are complying with state health regulations, which includes masks, social distancing and spacing, and
sanitizing methods and number capacity allowed. Only thing NFL can do, is cancel the NFL based on uncontrollable outbreak.
Its up to these sites and business corporations ala NASCAR, Six Flags of Texas or State Fair of Texas, etc. if they want to choose to accomodate the challenges ..or bow out.

If fact, should Jerry's involve-fans stadium bid flourishes with the first couple of weeks at home, ..i'll betcha at least a few other
NFL teams follow lead with the same limited fan involvement as Jerry's risk.
Fans have choices things can open come or dont come, its risk they are making themselves, not Jerry.. 80% of the population is 100% behind removing's the lockdown and reopening and letting nature take its course and letting people make thier own choices and risk assessment.. we know the facts now its on us..its time the government steps out..

the MLB already saw the worst it can see and its powering through and id say with positive results as they simply adjusting like we as citizens can do on our own..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So any news on just how many people will be allowed for dallas home games?
What about game 1 in LA, anyone know how many fans they are going to allow?

Status
Not open for further replies.