Dallas D is now comparable to the 85 Chicago Bears

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Dallas defense just kicked the doors off of a very good Viking's team. I have not seen a defense this great on all levels ever. Even better than the:
85 Bears
86 Giants
76 Steelers
Ray Lewis Ravens

The Cowboys pass rush is deadly and I don't think they have peaked yet. Every defensive player deserves a game ball Kearse, Parsons, Armstrong, Gallimore, Fowler, D-Law, Williams, LVE, Clark, Brown, Diggs. Every offensive linemen deserves a game ball as well. The O-line was opening up 5 yard lanes. Talk about depth...this is the deepest team in football. This O-line is shaping up as well. The O-line is getting to the 2nd level and just mauling. Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin and Steele are like uncaged animals. Dak had all day against a good defense. Pollard has proven to be just as explosive as Tyrek. Parsons is DPOY.

I am ready for Thanksgiving Day. The march to the Superbowl is great, enjoy the Kool-Aid. What Y-all think?

Go Dallas!!!
sorry man, you are getting carried away here

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Just a few days ago they were trash...now they're being compared to arguably one of the best defenses in modern era.
:laugh:
well it wasnt the same person saying both things, right?

But this poster here isnt just glass half filled, he is pitcher-full poured into glass optimistic

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
tenor.gif
Pump the brakes and you burn em off.
Let it ride and and dont even touch the brakes, MP says so.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Dallas defense just kicked the doors off of a very good Viking's team. I have not seen a defense this great on all levels ever. Even better than the:
85 Bears
86 Giants
76 Steelers
Ray Lewis Ravens

The Cowboys pass rush is deadly and I don't think they have peaked yet. Every defensive player deserves a game ball Kearse, Parsons, Armstrong, Gallimore, Fowler, D-Law, Williams, LVE, Clark, Brown, Diggs. Every offensive linemen deserves a game ball as well. The O-line was opening up 5 yard lanes. Talk about depth...this is the deepest team in football. This O-line is shaping up as well. The O-line is getting to the 2nd level and just mauling. Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin and Steele are like uncaged animals. Dak had all day against a good defense. Pollard has proven to be just as explosive as Tyrek. Parsons is DPOY.

I am ready for Thanksgiving Day. The march to the Superbowl is great, enjoy the Kool-Aid. What Y-all think?

Go Dallas!!!
This might be the biggest homer post for the entire yr, pass rush is real good, but they are very poor against the run, which the Bears were not

Brooksey

Reaction score
If we make the playoffs, throw two shutouts and blow out the AFC in the SB while holding them to 10 points or less, come talk to me

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
In other news, I think the Vikings game is proof that Dak is basically Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and Tom Brady, all in their prime, rolled up into one, perfect, Dakliciousy quarterback.

He threw 4 Tds against Vikes,...which over a 17 game season equals like 153 TDs for the year, if maffs are correct.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
As good or better than 85 Bears....

Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha
Hahahahahahaha
Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahah
:lmao::lmao2::laugh:

conner01

Reaction score
85 Bears
86 Giants
76 Steelers
Ray Lewis Ravens

Go Dallas!!!
I wouldn’t go near that far

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
2013 Seahawks was the best defense I ever witnessed. I was -8 years old in 1985

I was a freshman in college and I bet 9k on Seattle to win straight up and from the opening fumble safety forward, ended up having a great night and partied with gorgeous girls and told the IRS to pound sand. :)

So you were 8 years old in 1985 and a freshman in college 27 years later, with $9000 to bet on a football game.

referee-i-caught-a-fish.gif

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
That ‘85 bears team beat the Cowboys 44-0 at Texas Stadium. I think it’s the worse home loss in Cowboys history.

The ‘85 bears defense is and will remain the gold standard for NFL defenses and as big a Cowboys fan as I am, if you take the fan glasses off, our current defense is good, but certainly not great. No team can be in the discussion of “great” without winning several playoff games. Maybe we can this year, but we haven’t done anything yet.

Right now this team needs to win a game on Thanksgiving Day for the first time in 4 yrs!
I lived in Champaign Illinois at the time. It was excruciating to be surrounded by Bears fans for months and months after that. Throw in that Super Bowl shuffle song and I was in pure football hell

GRCowboy

Reaction score
So you were 8 years old in 1985 and a freshman in college 27 years later, with $9000 to bet on a football game.

referee-i-caught-a-fish.gif
-8 not 8

aka born in early 1994

I lived in Champaign Illinois at the time. It was excruciating to be surrounded by Bears fans for months and months after that. Throw in that Super Bowl shuffle song and I was in pure football hell

That's such a miserably boring area. I-57... literally nothing to do there and everything and taxes and state government are still bad because you're still living in IL

kramskoi

Reaction score
All I know is they completely dominated everyone except Dan Marino and the fins that year. And won the SB 46-10, holding the AFC champ pats to 123 total yards.
Yep. Miami played arguably the best game of their season. McMahon, who was nursing injury, had to come off the bench for Steve Fuller in the fourth quarter but there was simply nothing he could do at that point. They sacked him twice in what was left of the game. Six sacks total by the Miami defense and four turnovers.

Robalocc88

Reaction score
Love our defense, still needs some work but it's looking up... 85 bears ???? Lve reminds me of Singletary, DLaw is Dent.

Put the Crack pipe away

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
-8 not 8

aka born in early 1994

That's such a miserably boring area. I-57... literally nothing to do there and everything and taxes and state government are still bad because you're still living in IL
I took up fishing as my main hobby, at least during the warm weather. There was a US geological survey office where you could get maps of every county divided into quadrants. I knew every river, stream and lake in the surrounding three counties. Some of the best days of my life had me waist deep in a river with a rock bottom fishing for smallmouth bass or just fishing from a boat on a lake. You’re right the terrain is mostly cornfields, but if you look hard enough, there’s some nice areas scattered here and there.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
I took up fishing as my main hobby, at least during the warm weather. There was a US geological survey office where you could get maps of every county divided into quadrants. I knew every river, stream and lake in the surrounding three counties. Some of the best days of my life had me waist deep in a river with a rock bottom fishing for smallmouth bass or just fishing from a boat on a lake. You’re right the terrain is mostly cornfields, but if you look hard enough, there’s some nice areas scattered here and there.
No social life to be had. UIUC is the only game in town and it's small compared to other rust belt/big 10 area schools. The surrounding area is industrial and full of abandoned trains. There's a Walmart and a few mainstream restaurants.

If you're going to put me in a flagship big 10 college town give me Madison WI, Ann Arbor MI, Columbus, or literally just about anywhere that's not Champaign/UIUC. It's not exactly a stone's throw from Chicagoland, either.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Here we go again with comparisons to the 85 Bears defense. Lol The 85 Bears defense was ranked number one in total defense and number one against the run. The Cowboys are ranked 9th in total defense and 26th against the run. Our run defense has been crap! The only thing that might be comparable to the 85 Bears defense is our pass rush. The 85 Bears had 66 sacks in 16 games.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Nope.

That 85 Bears defense was brutal. They scared QB’s half to death. Well, all except for Dan Marino who told the Bears to kiss his *** and proceeded to hang an L on Ryan’s defense.