Dallas D is now comparable to the 85 Chicago Bears

offlimits

Reaction score
Dallas defense just kicked the doors off of a very good Viking's team. I have not seen a defense this great on all levels ever. Even better than the:
85 Bears
86 Giants
76 Steelers
Ray Lewis Ravens

The Cowboys pass rush is deadly and I don't think they have peaked yet. Every defensive player deserves a game ball Kearse, Parsons, Armstrong, Gallimore, Fowler, D-Law, Williams, LVE, Clark, Brown, Diggs. Every offensive linemen deserves a game ball as well. The O-line was opening up 5 yard lanes. Talk about depth...this is the deepest team in football. This O-line is shaping up as well. The O-line is getting to the 2nd level and just mauling. Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin and Steele are like uncaged animals. Dak had all day against a good defense. Pollard has proven to be just as explosive as Tyrek. Parsons is DPOY.

I am ready for Thanksgiving Day. The march to the Superbowl is great, enjoy the Kool-Aid. What Y-all think?

Go Dallas!!!

I would "tap the brakes" on a level with the '85 Bears. The '90 Eagles' defense was also overwhelming.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Dallas defense just kicked the doors off of a very good Viking's team. I have not seen a defense this great on all levels ever. Even better than the:
85 Bears
86 Giants
76 Steelers
Ray Lewis Ravens

The Cowboys pass rush is deadly and I don't think they have peaked yet. Every defensive player deserves a game ball Kearse, Parsons, Armstrong, Gallimore, Fowler, D-Law, Williams, LVE, Clark, Brown, Diggs. Every offensive linemen deserves a game ball as well. The O-line was opening up 5 yard lanes. Talk about depth...this is the deepest team in football. This O-line is shaping up as well. The O-line is getting to the 2nd level and just mauling. Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin and Steele are like uncaged animals. Dak had all day against a good defense. Pollard has proven to be just as explosive as Tyrek. Parsons is DPOY.

I am ready for Thanksgiving Day. The march to the Superbowl is great, enjoy the Kool-Aid. What Y-all think?

Go Dallas!!!
The Boys need to tighten the run defense up before they can be compared with the 85 Bears! The 85 Bears were legit!

Reaction score
85 Bears
86 Giants
76 Steelers
Ray Lewis Ravens

Go Dallas!!!

Recently watching this team give up the run and get picked apart by a decent QB gives me pause,,, especially coupled with watching this offense go brain dead and choke when it was needed most,,, and NONE of this is new, it's actually this team's M.O. for years now.

I'll drink the kool aid if this team finishes the year 13-4 or better.

John813

Reaction score
I've never seen this board so united on a single topic till now. Good job OP, you got roasted but made everyone agree with one another.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
There is no excuse for Cowboys DL not to eat tomorrow.

Like ZERO.

75boyz

Reaction score
The greatest defensive team in football history was the 2000 Ravens.

They held their opponents to 10 points or less in 11 games out of 16.
Did not allow a TD in 6 of those 11 games including 4 shutouts.

The Steelers 1976 defense during a 14 game schedule had 5 shut outs and only allowed an avg. of 9.9 points a game.
So yeah, I may not like it, but they are definitely in the discussion.
And the 2002 Bucs is pretty close to that 2000 Ravens group as well.

Last edited:

mardwin

Reaction score
85 Bears
84 rushing yards allowed per game
34 INTs

2000 Ravens allowed 970 rushing yards in 16 games. Yep, that's 61 rushing per game and had a total of 49 takeaways. Also this team allowed 10.3 points per games during the passing era of the NFL.

On their way to win the super bowl they allowed a total of 23 points in 4 games in the playoffs. That's less than 6 points per game!!!

coult44

Reaction score
85 Bears
86 Giants
76 Steelers
Ray Lewis Ravens

Go Dallas!!!

There is NO top five defense in NFL history that has allowed teams to run like this team does. The 85 Bears NEVER would’ve collapsed like we did against the Packers.!