Twitter: Dallas finalizing deal with DE Everson Griffen

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
source.gif
Somewhere Jason Garrett is saying "Why Now?" This team is going to contend if we have a season.
Not this season but they can in another 1 to 2 seasons but this will set them back unfortunately

fivetwos

Reaction score
This team can actually contend now.

The secondary is weak but this addition allows the pass rush to cover it.

I'm surprised Seattle didnt offer him a bit more than 6M to get him. After that Adams deal they need to be ALL in, not almost all in.

I expect Clowney to land back there soon.

dfense

Reaction score
Can we please get rid of that fraud Crawford now? Or do we still love him and his bloated contract?
Don't understand all the Poe love over Crawford. Crawford's stats are better than Poe's in every category. More tackles and sacks despite a shorter career. And Crawford can play multiple positions on the line. Poe is averaging 12 tackles the last 2 years. He's just a 5M grass eater.

JBond

Reaction score
Damn. 3/4 of the DL replaced in one offseason. What an indictment on the former regime’s tired philosophy lol...

Cannot wait to see the growth/maturity in this defense! We have quietly added some serious pro bowl caliber talent to the unit, and upgraded the coaching staff.

We are young and raw (but talented) in the secondary, but man oh man, we have a stout front 7.
Not to mention the wolf hunter back in the middle, healthy.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Not to mention the wolf hunter back in the middle, healthy.
That’s a big part of it. Especially that he’s the mike now. Adding these guys on the line will help the defense but they’re going to help the atmosphere. Big name vets

aikemirv

Reaction score
Everson needs to sit down with Dak and talk about overvaluing ones self!

It just cost Everson 7 million!

blueblood70

Reaction score
man add Smith to the rotation as he gets back into a rhythm this could be a deadly line Tank, Poe , McCoy , and Griffin starting,

with Woods, Hill/Neville, and Smith rotating with other like the new rookies

Haha and LVE added back into the mix

now who are DBS thats the only giant ? with no locks at #1s yet maybe Dbs not as important with a deadly pass rush..:()

bring in Logan Ryan?

the defense finally being addressed..

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Given that Griffen just signed for 6M, that gives the Cowboys all the leverage they need to ask Crawford to take a pay cut. My guess (and hope, he's a quality depth piece miscast as a starter) is he'll stay with the team at 4-5M plus incentives. And given the age of the starters, we will need that quality depth to keep them fresh.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Like the signing the RDE spot is full of ??? and potential. We have youngsters like Jelks/Jackson/Anae. Then we have ????, is Smith the Smith of Old, is Gregory going to be re-instated. This signing at least provides stability at starter until the rest can be sorted out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Given that Griffen just signed for 6M, that gives the Cowboys all the leverage they need to ask Crawford to take a pay cut. My guess (and hope, he's a quality depth piece miscast as a starter) is he'll stay with the team at 4-5M plus incentives. And given the age of the starters, we will need that quality depth to keep them fresh.
Crawford who?:muttley:

Vet min or you OUT!

jrumann59

Reaction score
His contract has ballooned because they re-structured his deal a couple of times.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
His contract has ballooned because they re-structured his deal a couple of times.
He only has $1.1M of guaranteed money left in his deal. They might be able to get him down to 2-3M if they wanted, but I think they value him more than most fans do. I don't think he'd get more than 3M on the open market.