Dallas has made five trades to acquire veteran players

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
49ers lead the NFL in rushing yards and are 2nd in TDs.
Dallas is are 18th and 18th.

I don't want to hear we couldn't improve this below average run game mid season at the least. But since elliott left, we've added nothing and Pollard is just not the guy.

How could anyone expect to get past the 9ers or even Philly?

conner01

Reaction score
CMC and Aj Brown.

Those trades seemed to work.

Tell me again. What game did they end up playing in? I cant recall what its called since the Cowboys havent been to one in 28 years
Those did work but many don’t. As I said some work and some dont

conner01

Reaction score
I ask because I think you can make an argument for not trading.
Right now I don’t see that guy who takes this team over the top. I see some guys that could be worth considering though mostly because they fit going forward as well. Sweat I thought could have been a nice but expensive addition. This year with our rotation he’d likely not made a huge impact but going forward he allows you to move on from a guy like Armstrong who I like but isn’t signed long term and maybe Dlaw who I like but is getting older and expensive.I could see the logic in Johnson the CB. He give you depth by pushing Lewis down, is really good and could replace Gilmore next year. Obviously sweat is gone and a 2nd I thought was too high considering you then have to sign him. But you have to look down the road on trades. These guys in the last year you have to sign with Micah and lamb coming due.I don’t like trading top 3 picks because they are very important in cap management. They are cheap compared to a FA

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right now I don’t see that guy who takes this team over the top. I see some guys that could be worth considering though mostly because they fit going forward as well. Sweat I thought could have been a nice but expensive addition. This year with our rotation he’d likely not made a huge impact but going forward he allows you to move on from a guy like Armstrong who I like but isn’t signed long term and maybe Dlaw who I like but is getting older and expensive.I could see the logic in Johnson the CB. He give you depth by pushing Lewis down, is really good and could replace Gilmore next year. Obviously sweat is gone and a 2nd I thought was too high considering you then have to sign him. But you have to look down the road on trades. These guys in the last year you have to sign with Micah and lamb coming due.I don’t like trading top 3 picks because they are very important in cap management. They are cheap compared to a FA
100%. The same realization I came to.

Everyone who got traded yesterday for the most part are in the last year of their deals and were not position of needs.

I think they wanted Johnson as a rental but when you are in the market for rentals that 2nd and 5th round compensation is not worth it.

I really like Montez Sweat but yeah I don't know if he was a "need". Don't get why Commanders traded both of their defensive ends. Wish they were selling Payne or Jonathan Allen lol.

I'm not for trading picks for the sake of trading. Fans get too caught up playing GM in Madden. We still have a team to build.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The issue isn’t that we don’t make trades, it’s that the trade deadline is becoming an increasingly important tool to improve your roster mid season — and we just don’t seem particularly interested in participating.
Dallas has picks in round 1,2,3 and two 7ths.

Tough to particpate.
The one move they could have made was to offer a 1st for Sweat (we weren't getting him for our low 2nd) or the R3 for Chase Young ( we oculdn;t make it conditional because we didn't have the lower picks) neither of which start here.
Fans are mad about hypothetical trades that didn't happen for any team. Henry, JJohnson
Using 3 draft picks to better this team IS pretty indicative of going all in.

conner01

Reaction score
100%. The same realization I came to.

Everyone who got traded yesterday for the most part are in the last year of their deals and were not position of needs.

I think they wanted Johnson as a rental but when you are in the market for rentals that 2nd and 5th round compensation is not worth it.

I really like Montez Sweat but yeah I don't know if he was a "need". Don't get why Commanders traded both of their defensive ends. Wish they were selling Payne or Jonathan Allen lol.

I'm not for trading picks for the sake of trading. Fans get too caught up playing GM in Madden. We still have a team to build.
Agree. Johnson could replace Gilmore next year but the flowing year you have to pay Bland. It’s a balancing act. Some what to mortgage it all for one big run but that’s can work or fail. And if it fails it’s costly since you can’t easily rebuild if you don’t have picks. If there was that one guy that changes everything I’d say go for it, but just don’t see that guy

Peopleparsons

Reaction score
Dallas has picks in round 1,2,3 and two 7ths.

Tough to particpate.
The one move they could have made was to offer a 1st for Sweat (we weren't getting him for our low 2nd) or the R3 for Chase Young ( we oculdn;t make it conditional because we didn't have the lower picks) neither of which start here.
Fans are mad about hypothetical trades that didn't happen for any team. Henry, JJohnson
Using 3 draft picks to better this team IS pretty indicative of going all in.
Yeah, San Fran has been given 5 3rd round comp picks for the diversity rewards program...FIVE free 3rd round picks (I think in 2 years). Everyone praising the niners for being "aggressive" at the trade deadline...where would they be at without those gifts I wonder.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The niners also had 5 third round comp picks rewarded via the diversity rewards policy to work with. That's FIVE 3rds for FREE.
Crazy how other team's leadership culture creates leaders.

Former Cowboys coaches:

Dave Campo, out of football... was a DB coach and "consultant" for a few years
Chan Gailey, out of football..was a head coach in Buffalo 11 years later after losing Cowboys job
Wade Phillips, last seen coaching in the XFL
Jason Garrett, fired after unsuccessful stint as Giants OC, now in TV
Kellen Moore, Chargers are 3-4. Offense is ranked 7th overall, 6th in passing. The jury is still out.
Matt Eberflus, likley to be fired after leading Bears to the worst recof in football last year and possibly again this year

Jerry Jones' coaching tree is a weed.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Not exactly sitting on your hands like some think.

The Cowboys did not make a move before today’s NFL trade deadline. Most notable moves made by NFC playoff contenders: Eagles added S Kevin Byard, Seahawks added DL Leonard Williams, 49ers added DE Chase Young.

In a little over a year, Dallas has made five trades to acquire veteran players. They are the only five players on the Cowboys’ current roster that have been acquired via trade:

DT Johnathan Hankins
CB Stephon Gilmore
WR Brandin Cooks
QB Trey Lance
CB Noah Igbinoghene

Did you trade for Tony Casillas, Thomas Everett, Charles Haley, or John Gesek? Get to a Super Bowl and then I will say you made trades that improved the roster.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

The Cowboys did not make a move before today’s NFL trade deadline. Most notable moves made by NFC playoff contenders: Eagles added S Kevin Byard, Seahawks added DL Leonard Williams, 49ers added DE Chase Young.

In a little over a year, Dallas has made five trades to acquire veteran players. They are the only five players on the Cowboys’ current roster that have been acquired via trade:

DT Johnathan Hankins
CB Stephon Gilmore
WR Brandin Cooks
QB Trey Lance
CB Noah Igbinoghene

What a lot of people don't understand is that media is as much of a marketing tool than anything. There's a lot of talk out there from Dallas haters to stir the pot about our team because they want us to make impulsive, poor decisions.

The other side of it. The ones who are Cowboys fans aren't necessarily the most knowledgeable. They just want to see the team win, then they'll go back to trolling the team next year when they're 5-11 from selling the farm. The haters gonna hate, trolls gonns troll, one way or the other.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Crazy how other team's leadership culture creates leaders.

Former Cowboys coaches:

Dave Campo, out of football... was a DB coach and "consultant" for a few years
Chan Gailey, out of football..was a head coach in Buffalo 11 years later after losing Cowboys job
Wade Phillips, last seen coaching in the XFL
Jason Garrett, fired after unsuccessful stint as Giants OC, now in TV
Kellen Moore, Chargers are 3-4. Offense is ranked 7th overall, 6th in passing. The jury is still out.
Matt Eberflus, likley to be fired after leading Bears to the worst recof in football last year and possibly again this year

Jerry Jones' coaching tree is a weed.
Jury is still out on Kellen Moore? He's got a top offense on a team with no defense. He'll be in the NFL for at least another decade, probably longer.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’m impressed with the job Seattle has done.

The price they paid for Adams only to seemingly give up by trading Wilson was a head scratcher. It seems as if a few down years were inevitable, but they aren’t a team I’m looking forward to playing, and it wouldn’t shock me if they win the NFC.
I think theymight be the most talented overall young team in the league. Two running backs, 3 wideouts, 2 good tight ends, young offensive tackle bookends, Young defense with two stud cornerbacks and veterans sprinkled in. Watch out San Francisco.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
All failures.....in the sense that they didn't live up to our expectations
Are you kidding? All you heard about last year was how we couldn't stop the run. That has improved drastically since Hankins arrived.

And Cooks is just getting started.

We're 5-2, in great position to compete in January. And all some of you can do is whine. I'd bet anything that the people complaining right now have the most miserable lives and just need to complain about something.

rambo2

Reaction score
49ers lead the NFL in rushing yards and are 2nd in TDs.
Dallas is are 18th and 18th.

I don't want to hear we couldn't improve this below average run game mid season at the least. But since elliott left, we've added nothing and Pollard is just not the guy.

How could anyone expect to get past the 9ers or even Philly?
The 49ers have lost 3 games in a row and will lose some more.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I dont get and never will how fans of this team defend Jurrah after 27 years of ineptitude.
Because some of us don't feel entitled and some of us aren't trying to live in the past.

We have a good thing going right now.. This year, in this moment. It's the mantra of the entitled ones, living in the past, and currently unhappy with their personal present, "muh twenthy theven yearsth!"

Those poor things. Give them all a round of hugs.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Because some of us don't feel entitled and some of us aren't trying to live in the past.

We have a good thing going right now.. This year, in this moment. It's the mantra of the entitled ones, living in the past, and currently unhappy with their personal present, "muh twenthy theven yearsth!"

Those poor things. Give them all a round of hugs.
There is no such thing as entitlement after 28 years of not even a conference title game appearance. That isn't asking a lot from a franchise at all.

Calling people entitled for demanding excellence is cowardly.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think theymight be the most talented overall young team in the league. Two running backs, 3 wideouts, 2 good tight ends, young offensive tackle bookends, Young defense with two stud cornerbacks and veterans sprinkled in. Watch out San Francisco.
They do have a good overall roster.

It’s a matter of what their QB can do when it matters.

Sound familiar? Lol. Sigh….

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

DT Johnathan Hankins
CB Stephon Gilmore
WR Brandin Cooks
QB Trey Lance
CB Noah Igbinoghene

While I agree they have made moves, the purpose of the trade deadline is to shore up an area of weakness either via injury, or unpredicted deficiencies.

While their moves are admirable, I would suggest most of the fans here believe Henry or Johnson might have been a quantum improvement.