Dallas is entering a rebuild

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry panders to them, pampers them, tells them and the fans how lucky we are to have them here, then tears them to pieces when it's contract time. He ruins them for sure.He never holds these players to account. All in isn't what we are seeing. We are seeing a vengeful owner going cheap, expecting better results, all without doing anything tangible to achieve such.The draft is just 1 aspect of team building, and they know it. This is willful vengeance. The Jones family is upset that the investment they made in Dak and the team hasn't netted them another SB. The punishment is what we been seeing all offseason. Problem is, he waited too long to hold folks to account. HE created a pampered environment. Now we are trying to become a physical team with all draft picks which is a freaking farce. Hoping for the best, but prepping for the worst.
He seems to pamper more of the skill players. Dominant in the trenches and then you don't need not over pay them anymore. Trade them and reload.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This is not a rebuild. Washington was a rebuild, New England was a rebuild.

This is rid yourself of bad contracts and focus on future cap. The only position in question in the future is QB.
I will disagree with you about WFT. I may not have full facts, but they also traded contracts with dumping their DE cornerstones, but also kept a serviceable, RB, and have one of the to WR's in the league. They were brilliant in manoeuvering cap space and very fortunate to land who may be the top QB in the draft class. They are well on their way, and I haven't even mentioned the great off season FA frenzy they had

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
idk why people scare of rebuilding in the nfl just in general not any one here but just in general

u can rebuild in 1-3 year in the nfl it is not like baseball or some thing

i wish this team would rebuild they been spinning they wheel for a long time
You can rebuild if you commit to it. Problem is that the Cowboys are busy trying to restore a car while it is still moving.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I will disagree with you about WFT. I may not have full facts, but they also traded contracts with dumping their DE cornerstones, but also kept a serviceable, RB, and have one of the to WR's in the league. They were brilliant in manoeuvering cap space and very fortunate to land who may be the top QB in the draft class. They are well on their way, and I haven't even mentioned the great off season FA frenzy they had
A rebuild does not happen in 1 season. Ultimately what we decide to do with Dak, CD and Micah will be the deciding factors.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
idk why people scare of rebuilding in the nfl just in general not any one here but just in general

u can rebuild in 1-3 year in the nfl it is not like baseball or some thing

i wish this team would rebuild they been spinning they wheel for a long time
Agreed I'm jealous of these teams that realize you are screwed if you have the wrong guy at QB and they quickly move on. Being a Cowboys fan means waiting a decade for each failed experiment to run its course

CWR

Reaction score

This is rid yourself of bad contracts and focus on future cap. The only position in question in the future is QB.
I'd call it a soft rebuild, but let's see what happens with the qb first.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
All I know is my hope that Lance goes through Mikes QB school and becomes a player. That would be amazing. He has all the physical tools to succeed.
No he doesn't! The 9ers were a great fit for Lance and he couldn't even stay healthy enough OR have the skills to be the 2nd OR 3rd string QB. The kid came out of college way too early with football skills that don't mean diddly squat in the NFL. JJ could have used that 4th rd pick he wasted on Lance to pick a decent RB that is desperately needed going into the 2024 season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is.. We are paying 3 guys premium money so the rest of the team needs to be cheap.

I don’t know if that’s a rebuild or just us trying to find a solution to a problem.

What they should do is get rid of Dak. Seems obvious if you want to build a title contender again.

dupree89

Reaction score
I think Jerry may be focusing on 3 years down the road. By then, Pollard will be free again and Jerry will bring the lad back and go all in for a playoff run.

Sydla

Reaction score
If I see another fan or pundit (like Mel Kiper) claim the Cowboys have real cap problems, I am gonna lose it.

Robster8989

Reaction score
time and time again he paints himself into a corner.
Seriously, right?
Steven "The agents are mean, they are trying to drive the salaries up!"
Meanwhile the franchise just passed the 9 Billion worth mark, lol.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
No he doesn't! The 9ers were a great fit for Lance and he couldn't even stay healthy enough OR have the skills to be the 2nd OR 3rd string QB. The kid came out of college way too early with football skills that don't mean diddly squat in the NFL. JJ could have used that 4th rd pick he wasted on Lance to pick a decent RB that is desperately needed going into the 2024 season.
He was their starter. Got hurt. He wanted his job back and didn't get it and asked for a trade.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas had a solid draft haul and prioritized valuable positions across the trenches with their first 3 picks, it’s a good investment for the future given the roster churn that is hitting the team and will continue over the next 12 months.

Tyron Smith was the first big domino to fall, but you have to wonder if Zack Martin and Demarcus Lawrence are entering their last seasons with the club. Those are 3 cornerstone players of the past decade that the team wisely planned their draft strategy around.

Parsons and Lamb are clearly the young stars that MUST be extended long term. Tyler Smith seems to be a young cog moving forward on the OL. However, when you look beyond that it is very unclear who the additional young core pieces on this roster are. I can’t remember the last time we had this much uncertainty and dependency on young/unproven players.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing, we saw a young player in Daron Bland emerge last year and hopefully he’s more than a flash in the pan. But it makes me wonder who else will emerge from this collection of young unknowns.

I don’t think Osa and Gholston are seeing extensions, so who emerges on the DL? Kneeland, Williams, Mazi and Fehoko are all unknowns at this point but will be relied on heavily to prove something this year. Same thing with the LB core, Clark was underwhelming last year… will Overshown or Liafau emerge this year?

What does the WR pipeline look like beyond CeeDee Lamb? Cooks is likely on his last legs, there willl be plenty of snaps available for the younger guys so who will step up there?

Running Back?

It just seems like this is one of the more uncertain periods we’ve had in understanding the roster we currently have and identifying the core assets that we’ve experienced in quite some time. Anyone else feeling this way?
Well said although I don’t think this FO will ever admit to a rebuild. Nor do I believe they know how to do it because without Jimmy or Parcells, Jerry has never done one successfully.

I think we had a decent draft - maybe a B-. But I don’t see this team as currently constituted, as even as good as last year’s team. There will certainly be more upside in the future with Guyton, Bebee, perhaps Kneeland. But with no upgrade at RB, this team will take a step back offensively.

As far as uncertainty, there is SOME certainty. We have the same GM that has given us the last three decades of results. Unfortunately, there Is a level of certainty there.

CashMan

Reaction score

The QB falls into that category. That is a rebuild.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas had a solid draft haul and prioritized valuable positions across the trenches with their first 3 picks, it’s a good investment for the future given the roster churn that is hitting the team and will continue over the next 12 months.

Tyron Smith was the first big domino to fall, but you have to wonder if Zack Martin and Demarcus Lawrence are entering their last seasons with the club. Those are 3 cornerstone players of the past decade that the team wisely planned their draft strategy around.

Parsons and Lamb are clearly the young stars that MUST be extended long term. Tyler Smith seems to be a young cog moving forward on the OL. However, when you look beyond that it is very unclear who the additional young core pieces on this roster are. I can’t remember the last time we had this much uncertainty and dependency on young/unproven players.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing, we saw a young player in Daron Bland emerge last year and hopefully he’s more than a flash in the pan. But it makes me wonder who else will emerge from this collection of young unknowns.

I don’t think Osa and Gholston are seeing extensions, so who emerges on the DL? Kneeland, Williams, Mazi and Fehoko are all unknowns at this point but will be relied on heavily to prove something this year. Same thing with the LB core, Clark was underwhelming last year… will Overshown or Liafau emerge this year?

What does the WR pipeline look like beyond CeeDee Lamb? Cooks is likely on his last legs, there willl be plenty of snaps available for the younger guys so who will step up there?

Running Back?

It just seems like this is one of the more uncertain periods we’ve had in understanding the roster we currently have and identifying the core assets that we’ve experienced in quite some time. Anyone else feeling this way?
It is not a rebuild it's called retooling they still have enough of a core team to make the playoffs this year book it it will take some major injuries like it did in 2020 but this team did not at least get ten wins you can keep overreacting and you think it's rebuilding but every year most teams are replacing 20% of their roster this is normal and before September they will have a competitive team on the field probably win 10 games maybe 11 they will make the playoffs book it this is not a rebuild year this is not a tank this is not a restore of any kind by plan this just looks like it to fans who don't really see the big picture

rambo2

Reaction score

Running Back?

Every year is a rebuild.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see it. This dance they’re doing with Dak is theater. I will be absolutely shocked if they don’t cave and re-sign him. He’ll get exactly what he wants. They’ll pay Ceedee and Micah. But they will never add the pieces from outside needed to make a serious run.

plymkr

Reaction score

Running Back?

I like that they prepared for big cap hits at offensive line by drafting young talent. So when Martin retires and we have to absorb his cap hit, we’ll have Beebe already in place on a rookie deal.

I feel like this draft was more about the next couple years as opposed to 2024. Which I’m cool with because it seems like 2024 is going to be a down year anyway. Might as well build for the future and build through the trenches.