Dallas linebackers now

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Kendricks is nice cover.
It allows the team to draft OL/WR in the top 2 rounds if as expected according to every mock draft they are the BPA.
It also gives someone the mic on defense who knows Zimmer's scheme which is important for fast implementation.

But it is still at best a league average type position unless you get Overshown walking in as a stud.

Could be another vet fall through the cracks.

I still would have made Jordyn Brooks my "big" signing. 3/30 manageable year 1 hit.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Kendricks is nice cover.
It allows the team to draft OL/WR in the top 2 rounds if as expected according to every mock draft they are the BPA.
It also gives someone the mic on defense who knows Zimmer's scheme which is important for fast implementation.

But it is still at best a league average type position unless you get Overshown walking in as a stud.

I still would have made Jordyn Brooks my "big" signing. 3/30 manageable year 1 hit.
These people trying to make overshown into a savior based on two splash plays he made in camp before blowing out his knee are in for a rude awakening

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Personally I'd release LVE and sign a vet a bit cheaper. Then maybe draft a developmental guy in the 5th, but I like this years group over last years group

Not to mention I think Parsons will play more LB this year than last...just gotta hope Zimmer blitzes him creatively

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Kendricks was a good get and glad he's here. Played well with the chargers last year and can help the younger guys.

Clark is probably an average LB at this point, but more excited about him getting to play more at weak side/strong side as I think those will be better positional fits than the mic.

Overshown was a preseason warrior and looked like he would be the biggest rookie contributor. I have high hopes for him, but also have to curb expectations coming off an injury and fact we haven't seen him play a down of meaningful football yet.

There's definitely still a big need at LB and if they don't get one on day 1 or 2 they'll really be thin again with depth.

1942willys

Reaction score
Kendricks was a good get and glad he's here. Played well with the chargers last year and can help the younger guys.

Clark is probably an average LB at this point, but more excited about him getting to play more at weak side/strong side as I think those will be better positional fits than the mic.

Overshown was a preseason warrior and looked like he would be the biggest rookie contributor. I have high hopes for him, but also have to curb expectations coming off an injury and fact we haven't seen him play a down of meaningful football yet.

There's definitely still a big need at LB and if they don't get one on day 1 or 2 they'll really be thin again with depth.
Well most of us think this; but does the 'brain trust' in the FO think so?

1942willys

Reaction score
Kendricks is nice cover.

Honestly WR is way down the list of needs

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Honestly WR is way down the list of needs
Can't disagree but it is where the draft is loaded.

If a guy with a late R1 grade falls to you in late R2 I am taking him every time.
We need to start hitting in R2 which means taking the best values there.
R1 can be about fit to some extent but 50 players in it needs to be about raw talent.
Get the guy who will be in the league 10 years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
How does Overshown have 2 years of experience? He just started in the NFL last year. Wouldn't it be 1 year of experience? :huh:
That is called the training effects in training at the NFL level. Growth and within the first three seasons on the carpet.

Were you ever a positional trainer?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Well most of us think this; but does the 'brain trust' in the FO think so?
We'll wait to the 6th round, sign a bunch of free udfas and get excited about our pet cats.

Frankly there are 2 holes on the oline, rb, questions at 1 tech, then depth question marks at positions like CB, WR, LB, and de. We won't be able to solve all of it in the draft so unless we address most of these in free agency anything is on the table come draft.

Toro9

Reaction score
Strong safeties. Quinn's defense kinda worked but once it was figured out, we were SOL. LVE was the only true LB and he's probably gonna retire.

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
I don't believe Damone Clark weighs 240 lbs. Guy gets pushed around like a rag doll.

Demarvion Overshown is a china doll and has and will always live in the trainer's room. Glorified big defensive back. Probably has a better shot at a country music singing career.
Wow. The hate is strong with this one.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dallas will cut him if he doesn't retire.
They are just letting him take his time.
It would be one of those TC type retirements with a press conference and fanfare.
Remains to be played out. You saying he missed sick call?

If he can respond, there is value there and a potential team strength. The Cowboys have the best physicians at injury analysis going. I'll wait for the team analysis....no matter the board or journalist involved. Talked to him have you?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
ACLs take time. And Overshown will have had over 10 months when TC starts. That's plenty of time for a young athlete to recover. It is the guys with late season ACLs that usually come back slow the next year.
Gallup was young too and he isn't the same player.