Dallas Mavericks Thread

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Can't find one that was made, so I'll create one. If there was a previous thread on this topic, please inform me of the thread and I'll post there.

As for the Mavericks, I think we have the talent set to win a Finals and I do think that Rick Carlile is a great coach, however we just find a way to lose every year. I don't have huge expectations for the Mavericks as I do for the Cowboys, but we have enough talent to go far.

Here's to a great season for the best NBA team! :toast:

StylisticS

Reaction score
Ahh the NBA. The only league where you know that there are only 4 teams that have a chance and the other 26 can just hope for a good season and a good draft pick.

I'm a Mavs fan as well. Think we can be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the West. But everyone is far behind the Lakers sadly. They improved this offseason with Blake and Ratliff.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
If Butler doesn't step up or if we don't get a superstar in a trade we have no shot at a deep playoff run.

It's sad to see the Heat of all teams/fanbases being showered with gold while we'll likely go out with a whimper in this new buddy up mega team age.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Wednesday at Charlotte 8:30 Eastern.

C'Mon Mavs! Open the season on a positive note!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
StylisticS;3595963 said:
Ahh the NBA. The only league where you know that there are only 4 teams that have a chance and the other 26 can just hope for a good season and a good draft pick.

I'm a Mavs fan as well. Think we can be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the West. But everyone is far behind the Lakers sadly. They improved this offseason with Blake and Ratliff.

There is another....the BSC

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I used to be a HUGE NBA/Dallas Mavericks fan. I gave up on the NBA and it all started with two teams that I hate. (Kings / Lakers) The Kings kicked the Lakers *** in the playoffs, but the NBA knew the Kings didn't have the celeb power the Lakers had so they screwed the Kings out of the playoffs using the refs.

That soured me BIG TIME to how ****ty the NBA is. Gradually over time I kept seeing the same crap over and over again and my hate towards the NBA grew gangbusters.

Funny thing is, I met my wife at a Dallas Mavericks game. How is that for funny as hell? Anyhow, my wife is still a huge NBA fan and I hate the league with a passion. I just purchased NBA League Pass for her today, but I won't watch it.

My wife is basically a Steve Nash fan (why she was even at a Mavs game in the first play where she met me) a Dallas Mavs fan (for obvious reasons), NY Knicks fan (she has always lived in the NY area), a Suns fan (Nash) and now a Golden State fan (David Lee, ex-Knick)

Anyhow, the NBA because of crappy management is a dying league. Since they let their players do what they did, (all the great players piling into basically 3-4 teams) they will only die faster.

Good riddance, it's a shame too because my wife loves the NBA. ...I did too for about 20 years...

juck

Reaction score
I am a huge Mavs homer and i watch most games but Ill admit I dont expect much. Their backcourt would be good with Roddy and Dojo but Carlisle sucks a bit.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I expect 50 or so wins and a trip to the conference semis maybe conference finals.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
7-2 so far. Lookin' good guys! Beat the 8-0 Hornets on Monday and we'll beat 'em again tonight! Go mavs!

MegaMagick

Reaction score
So close to beating the hornets again, man just give us A.I or Josh Smith(esp him, he's a beast) and we'd be up there with the Lakers and Celtics as championship frontrunners.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;3704858 said:
Ahem.....

LakeShow

FIRST PLACE SPURS!!!

******iann;3704889 said:

I LOVE your sig pic of koke, looks like lebron bowing down to him, which he should, because lebron is a little ***** who needed to team up with his buddies to try and beat kobe, what a coward!!

anyway, back to the mavs thread, sorry to hijack

mavs are doing really good this year their defense has been pretty good, that chandler signing is gonna be key. He has always played duncan very well and i think he can do a good job on gasol.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Yet another close game for the Mavs. It would be nice to have a normal win and not a down to the neck game once in a while.

juck

Reaction score
Chandler is a BEAST! down goes Spurs streak Down goes South Beach Talent! 12-4

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
heh I bought my wife a ticket to the Mavs vs Heat game and she decided she didn't want to go alone. Next thing you know it, I had one too! :lmao2:

Anyhow, it was actually a pretty fun game. I had a great time, except for the fact that I didn't get back to my hotel until 1:15AM, in bed till 1:45AM, and I left for the airport at at 4:00AM. I just arrived home about 25 minutes ago. :(

It was fun, but it made the trip home from Dallas rough.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
nyc;3722380 said:
heh I bought my wife a ticket to the Mavs vs Heat game and she decided she didn't want to go alone. Next thing you know it, I had one too! :lmao2:

Anyhow, it was actually a pretty fun game. I had a great time, except for the fact that I didn't get back to my hotel until 1:15AM, in bed till 1:45AM, and I left for the airport at at 4:00AM. I just arrived home about 25 minutes ago. :(

It was fun, but it made the trip home from Dallas rough.
Awesome! Yes it was a great game. Mavs are looking better than ever!