Dallas Mavericks Thread

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3849765 said:
I don't think their is one, but in the playoffs does depth really matter when rotations go from 9/10 to 7 or so. The Lakers have won the last two champs with an average at best bench. The Mavs starting lineup isn't all that impressive. Dirk is great, but Kidd is washed up, Chandler is an average center, Stevenson is a decent shooter, but does nothing else. If Dallas is gonna beat the Spurs or Lakers they're gonna have to upgrade their starting 5.

HAHAHAHA. Depth doesnt really matter in the playoffs? HAHAHAH. :lmao2: It's quite amusing you are making it seem like the Mavs chances are based on regular season starting lineup. Kidd may have some off nights, but theres no question a good majority he gets the job done with his ability to dish and lead. stevenson will eventually loose his minutes to roddy b. who at this point in his career is tony parker with more speed and a jump shot. j.j barea is coming along great. should i start talking about jason terry. Tyson Chandler is an above-average center. This year, he is Top 10 centers in the NBA, top 5 in the West. Sorry, but the Lakers just lost to the Cavs. The Cavs.......THE CAVS! Without a blockbuster trade, the Lakers are prime examples of how important team chemistry is. Having depth and chemistry is deadly.

Reaction score
danielofthesaints;3849781 said:
HAHAHAHA. Depth doesnt really matter in the playoffs? HAHAHAH. :lmao2: It's quite amusing you are making it seem like the Mavs chances are based on regular season starting lineup. Kidd may have some off nights, but theres no question a good majority he gets the job done with his ability to dish and lead. stevenson will eventually loose his minutes to roddy b. who at this point in his career is tony parker with more speed and a jump shot. j.j barea is coming along great. should i start talking about jason terry. Tyson Chandler is an above-average center. This year, he is Top 10 centers in the NBA, top 5 in the West. Sorry, but the Lakers just lost to the Cavs. The Cavs.......THE CAVS! Without a blockbuster trade, the Lakers are prime examples of how important team chemistry is. Having depth and chemistry is deadly.

Chandler a top 10 center? Oh boy you are showing your homerism. The dude is averaging 11 & 9 if those are top 10 numbers then the center position has really gotten weak. Kidd is washed up, the dude is shooting 36% which is the worst in the league for a starter if I'm not mistaken. He may get a lot of dimes, but he is a total liability on offense assists don't cover up his horrendous position on offense. Also LOL @ Roddy B being the next Tony Parker. What has he done, he averaged 7 ppg last year. He's shown to be a solid backup and nothing more. Yeah the Lakers lost to the Cavs which was embarassing but the last time I checked they're still the two time defending champions. They need to prove anything to anyone in the regular season. Sorry, but Dallas needs to make a trade if they're gonna beat the Lakers or Spurs. If they don't they they'll just choke in the 1st round again. Hell even if they do make a move they still may choke. Last year they made a big trade by trading for Butler and they lost in the 1st round.

The Lakers and Celtics the last two champions won their championships with at best average depth because they had great starting lineups.

danielofthesaints

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3849826 said:
Chandler a top 10 center? Oh boy you are showing your homerism. The dude is averaging 11 & 9 if those are top 10 numbers then the center position has really gotten weak. Kidd is washed up, the dude is shooting 36% which is the worst in the league for a starter if I'm not mistaken. He may get a lot of dimes, but he is a total liability on offense assists don't cover up his horrendous position on offense. Also LOL @ Roddy B being the next Tony Parker. What has he done, he averaged 7 ppg last year. He's shown to be a solid backup and nothing more. Yeah the Lakers lost to the Cavs which was embarassing but the last time I checked they're still the two time defending champions. They need to prove anything to anyone in the regular season. Sorry, but Dallas needs to make a trade if they're gonna beat the Lakers or Spurs. If they don't they they'll just choke in the 1st round again. Hell even if they do make a move they still may choke. Last year they made a big trade by trading for Butler and they lost in the 1st round.

The Lakers and Celtics the last two champions won their championships with at best average depth because they had great starting lineups.

Chandler: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?position=c&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics%3fposition%3dc Take it as you please, but +/- 2 positions he's a good center. You really think we need a scoring threat at center. Wrong. 11/9 is perfect. We needed him for his passion and defense that has been lacking for more than a decade.

Tony Parker's Rookie Season Stats 29.4 minutes a game/9.2 pts per game/4.3 assists

Roddy B's Rookie Season Stats 12.5 min per game/ 7.1 pts/ 1.3 asts

Your meaning to tell me Parker had 2.35x the amount of playing time and posted similar numbers. Back it up with facts before you lay the HOMER down. With Parkers playing time his rookie season, Roddy would have projected 22.7 pts a game/ 3.1 asts.

You are correct on Kidd having the lowest FG%, but really? You are taking the PG position and talking about FG%? Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think about why PG in this league are legitimate. All I care is that he's Top 10 in assists and brought veteran leadership to foster JJ Barea into a suitable backup PG. If the mavs played their best players to start the playoffs

PG: Kidd
SG: Terry
SF: Butler
PF: Dirk
C: Chandler

That's a pretty stellar starting lineup.
2nd team

PG: Barea
SG: Beaubois
SF, PF: Stevenson, Stojakovic, Marion
C: Haywood

Not too shabby.

How is last year or the last 2 years relevant to this year? Will the Cowboys choke this upcoming year because they've choked for the in past 21st century? Never really got that assumption of basing a team's performance on their past.

xout

Believer
Reaction score
Roddy looked great. If Butler comes back for the playoffs the west better look out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chandlers help defense is awesome.

Im loving our team right now. If we had Butler we'd be incredibly hard to beat.