Dallas Mavericks Thread

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
They're looking pretty good this year. And good in a different way. They're playing some pretty nice defense and Chandler has been a real nice surprise so far.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Is it too early to say this?

Is this Mavericks team better than the finals team a few years ago?

I think it might be. Still, having said that, the conference is probably stronger than it was then so it doesn't mean an NBA Finals appearance.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Eh, can never get too high in dallas. Mavs have always been at least REALLY good during the regular season. Last year they had the 13 game win streak and you though Butler/Haywood were the missing title pieces. However we were bounced by the SPURS who went on to get swept by the suns.

This year they look to be great, they should stretch this win streak to 13-14 games, however i'm all about the playoffs. NBA season is too long and couple that with the Playoff disappointments and i'm pretty numb to the reg season.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Motorbreath;3722555 said:
Awesome! Yes it was a great game. Mavs are looking better than ever!

juck;3724956 said:
Check my sig!

Ozzu;3728589 said:

I think it might be. Still, having said that, the conference is probably stronger than it was then so it doesn't mean an NBA Finals appearance.

Ozzu;3728597 said:
http://i256.***BLOCKED***/albums/hh185/cerrakin/05.jpg

StylisticS;3729489 said:
The streak stoppers have won 9 in a row.

classic mavs fans, getting over exited about them in early december :laugh2:

StylisticS

Reaction score
And there is that typical arrogant spurs fan. Far be it for Mavs fans to cheer on Mavs success this season in a Mavs thread. Get over yourself.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
MC KAos;3729548 said:
Hey remember when we beat you earlier this season?

MC KAos

Reaction score
StylisticS;3732243 said:
And there is that typical arrogant spurs fan. Far be it for Mavs fans to cheer on Mavs success this season in a Mavs thread. Get over yourself.

Motorbreath;3732343 said:
Hey remember when we beat you earlier this season?

:lmao2:

again, mavs fans getting carried away with success in november and december! i understand its a mavs thread, but to claim that you guys are better than the 2006 team that made the finals in DECEMBER is beyong ridiculous! and i do remember how yall beat us earlier in the year, but it didnt count any more than our other wins or loses. But i guess if my team had never won a championship id be super happy to beat big brother :D

StylisticS

Reaction score
I never once said that. All I did was made a remark on my team at this point in the season so I don't know why you continue to quote me. Move on.

juck

Reaction score
StylisticS;3732243 said:

Spurs are like the Steeler fans. I despise them.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm in the small group that likes all three Texas teams.

When someone other than the Celtics, Lakers and now Heat, win a championship– then all is good with the world. And if it's the Mavs, Rockets or Spurs, well so much the better. :)

MC KAos

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;3734152 said:
I'm in the small group that likes all three Texas teams.

When someone other than the Celtics, Lakers and now Heat, win a championship– then all is good with the world. And if it's the Mavs, Rockets or Spurs, well so much the better. :)

i kind of feel that way about texas teams in general usually (rockets, texans, astros, etc) but i hate the mavs, they have been one of our main rivals for so long so i cant bring myself to cheer for them. its funny because my dad is the same way with the rockets, even all these years after the hakeem shake and all that when he destroyed us, but i was too young to really remember that so it doesnt bother me as much

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
MC KAos;3729548 said:

This team has better pieces than that 2006 team. Hence, my comment.

God forbid I get excited during the regular season. It's only 82 games long. I'll try to be bored the whole way through.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Ozzu;3728589 said:

They've had a couple teams better than the finals team.

The problem with Dallas is they are still a jump shooting team and they live and die by the jump shot in the playoffs.

I wish we could trade Jet for a more well rounded player because come playoff time he'll be the 1st to disapear.