Dallas Mavericks Thread

MegaMagick

Reaction score
From the beginning i liked everything about this team. We will have a young, quick backcourt that can slash and score at will, an athletic frontcourt that can score at will in the lowpost, along with what Dirk does on the perimeter.

Every vet knows their place on the team, Vince didn't try to play hero ball, we didn't have guys out there just trying to get their own and stuff the stat box, guys just went out there and played solid, fundamentally sound basketball.

I loved it, i just hope we can keep afloat until Dirk gets back, this season will be something special if he still has something in the tank.

juck

Reaction score
Pure team ball. Great effort. Its so odd seeing a PG that can penetrate,score and play defense. Wow. Our frontcourt can flat out score. Even Curry. I wonder about our post defense but Brand is a darn good defender. One thing is we will get a 20 pt combo out of our centers i bet most nights which again is something we never had.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what channel the mavs are playing on in Dallas? I can only find the game on package channels.

obadiah_stane

Reaction score
juck;4817478 said:
Pure team ball. Great effort. Its so odd seeing a PG that can penetrate,score and play defense. Wow. Our frontcourt can flat out score. Even Curry. I wonder about our post defense but Brand is a darn good defender. One thing is we will get a 20 pt combo out of our centers i bet most nights which again is something we never had.
Juck, do you post on dallasbasketball.com? Seems like I've seen your name there? I post on there by the name of partsdude.

juck

Reaction score
obadiah_stane;4817637 said:
Juck, do you post on dallasbasketball.com? Seems like I've seen your name there? I post on there by the name of partsdude.
yea Im always on there for a while now best board for mavs

Zordon

Reaction score
this team is going to be fun to watch this year if we can get more stability at the pg position. i love crowder's effort.

juck

Reaction score
Zordon;4817840 said:
this team is going to be fun to watch this year if we can get more stability at the pg position. i love crowder's effort.
Yea Lots of youth. A nice vet presence. I dont expect a ring but it may just be pretty darn fun.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
juck;4817861 said:
Yea Lots of youth. A nice vet presence. I dont expect a ring but it may just be pretty darn fun.

of course not, dont you know, the Heat have already won the title this year....just ask all the experts and analysts...:p:

GO SPURS GO

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Had an awesome time today rubbing into the Lakers fans face today. Looking forward to a good year for the Mavs. A lot of people are underestimating us.

juck

Reaction score
Back To Back in Utah arent fun, They really get the Home Cookin. They shot 42? FT thats insane
:laugh2:

MegaMagick

Reaction score
back to back on the road vs two playoff teams is hard for anyone, we have to remember that this team really hasn't played much together.

I thought we were going to win but the Jazz got hot in the 3rd, what can you do really, 1-1.

Reaction score
Dallas fans have a reason to be optimistic because they have a nice youthment move going down over there. Cuban took alot of heat for striking out on Deron Williams, but you know as an owner you gotta take gambles. Sometimes they work out sometimes they don't. However he did a great job I positioning himself in a good position to acquire another big time free agent or two next summer, but at the same time still fielding a competitive team. They will have enough cap room to sign Chris Paul and/or Dwight Howard. Now whether those two guys would leave their respective teams for Dallas remains to be seen, but they'll at least be able to be able to offer a max contract to both superstars.

When you look at some of the moves they made specifically the Darren Collison trade. He's a guy who's very young and athletic which is something the Mavs have been missing at the point guard position. I like that Crowder kid too. He's a pretty athletic defender and can make life tough for opposing forwards. I thought he did a real solid job on Pau Gasol. Pau had 23 points, but he only shot 8/19 from the field. Crowder reminds me of the Manimal in Denver. Great energy player and I think he's gonna be terrific for the Mavs. They desperately needed some young talent and athleticism. Now they have it with guys like Collison, Crowder, Roddy B, and also OJ Mayo.

The key for them is Dirk's health. Last season he got off to a very slow start, but once he got healthy he was terrific. The problem last season was Dallas just didn't have another guy besides Dirk who could really create for themselves or others. Now they have a couple of guys who can do it in Mayo and Collison. If Dirk can get back to the level he played at during the 2011 postseason when he was phenomenal then they got an outside chance at winning the West. I know that may sound crazy, but right now there's not really a clear cut best team out West. To me the Lakers and Spurs are the two best teams with Harden leaving OKC, but the Mavs with some luck and with Dirk can challenge them and who knows maybe they pull of a re run of 2011.

juck

Reaction score
Id like to go after Bynum and Paul this offseason. D12 is too much drama and cant make a FT,thats huge. I just read an article that said CP# and D12 had a total plan to both sign with Dallas until D12 him hawed. Now supposedly it caused a riff between the two. CP3 is like an annoying lil baby but he is the best PG in the game. He is the only PG that can completely take a game over. Rondo and Deron never seem to do this on a consistent basis.