Dallas Mavericks Thread

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Didn't anticipate us losing to the Bobcats, but knew this team was going to struggle at some point.

We have the pacers, Cavs, warriors, knicks, and lakers coming up i expect us to go 3-2 during that stretch, maybe 4-1.

I really like the lineup of Collison, Mayo, Jones, Brand, and Kaman. Very balanced.

juck

Reaction score
MegaMagick;4841290 said:
Didn't anticipate us losing to the Bobcats, but knew this team was going to struggle at some point.

We have the pacers, Cavs, warriors, knicks, and lakers coming up i expect us to go 3-2 during that stretch, maybe 4-1.

I really like the lineup of Collison, Mayo, Jones, Brand, and Kaman. Very balanced.
Realize this team will look completely different with matrix and Dirk. Mayo is ballin and him and Collison will have more lanes with Dirk back. Kaman is a great post scorer but his defense lacks.Maybe Sarge can grow into that defensive stopper.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mayo and Collison having to grow up here without Dirk around should help later in the season.

Still hard to say how this team will look with all it's parts since they haven't had them yet.

I do trust RC to get the best out of this collection of talent which is likely 4th or 5th best in the WC.

Once Dirk comes back Kaman could go for 25 a night. That guy is incredibly skilled. He is both goofy-looking(hey, so am i) and a terrible defender but he may be the most skilled center in basketball right now.

Collison was good enough to start over Russell Westbrook in college. He can play the game.

juck

Reaction score
I think we should have signed Kmart. He is a good defender for a big and brings toughness,guess he wants too much tho.

juck

Reaction score
rebounding still an issue. DC is struggling but we have a stud in Mayo. Cant wait for Dirk. I still want to sign Kmart.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
juck;4850973 said:
rebounding still an issue. DC is struggling but we have a stud in Mayo. Cant wait for Dirk. I still want to sign Kmart.

Mayo is playing incredible right now. Just saw this post on a Mavs forum.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38184

We all know that OJ is on a tear right now. What we don't know is how much he will cool off or how his game will be impacted by the return of #41 in a few weeks.

But here are just a few current stats on How Mayo stacks up with the rest of the league's Top 10 scorers...

Mayo is currently:

7th in Points Per Game at 22.2

Of the top 10 scorers, Mayo is playing the least minutes per game at 35.0mpg

Of the top 10 scorers, Mayo has the 3rd best field goal % at .503 (Behind only Kobe and LeBron)

Of the top 10 scorers, Mayo is 10th in shot attempts per game at 15.0pg. the next closest top scorer is Durant who takes almost 17pg, whereas Monta Ellis and Melo each take 19.2 to lead the league.

Of the top 10 scorers, Mayo is in 1st place with making and taking 3 pointers: 3.2/5.7 (*An insane %)

Of the top 10 socorers, Mayo is 2nd in free throw % at 86.2% (Behind only Durant's 88.9%) (By the way, LeBron is only currently shooting 64% from the line??!)

Just a few encouraging stats to be thankful for today.

Now those are some pretty impressive statistics.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4868726 said:
Collison has been a disappointment after that really nice start. Oh well. :(
He just needs a steady player around him in the games and especially at practice.
The 5 straight turnovers by Dallas to lose the game vs Philly was the final straw. You have to be able to at least execute simple entry pass.

juck

Reaction score
I see Gortat or Bynum at Center next year. Hopefully Collison grows and learns from Fisher.

juck

Reaction score
315756_3957983075699_2111191522_n.jpg

Its coming:D

juck

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4857227 said:
Mayo is playing incredible right now. Just saw this post on a Mavs forum.

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38184

Now those are some pretty impressive statistics.
Mayo was a great pickup. He has star written on him. If we could get a decent starting PG likem Bledsoe from Clippers and a better defensive center. This team could be special. It may be special once Dirk comes back anyway.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
I would love it if we got Bledsoe. That guy can ball, I have no idea why he gets so few minutes.

juck

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4891898 said:
I would love it if we got Bledsoe. That guy can ball, I have no idea why he gets so few minutes.
Chris Paul is why he gets lil minutes. He is FA though. Cubes may get him. We need a Center though. Kaman would be a good back up big on PF and C but not a starter . His defense lacks bad.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
juck;4893137 said:
Chris Paul is why he gets lil minutes. He is FA though. Cubes may get him. We need a Center though. Kaman would be a good back up big on PF and C but not a starter . His defense lacks bad.

Ya we need a defensive big when Dirk comes back. Utah has some to spare.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The hope was that this team could tread water until Dirk gets back.
So far so good. They would be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

I agree that they'll need a better defensive big to do any real damage though.
Otherwise, these guys will most likely be one and done, but also out of the lottery.

Go Mavs

juck

Reaction score
Juice and Dirk are gonna be a nice combo. Cubes will extend him. I would.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
DFWJC;4893376 said:
The hope was that this team could tread water until Dirk gets back.
So far so good. They would be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

I agree that they'll need a better defensive big to do any real damage though.
Otherwise, these guys will most likely be one and done, but also out of the lottery.

Go Mavs

I'm happy with the team we put together. We did an outstanding job considering the circumstances.