Dallas Mavericks trading for Kristaps Porzingis

Ren

Reaction score
His deal expires this year and he probably won’t play until next season, unless he agreed to an extension this would be a horrible deal

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I used to love the NBA. It was so competitive and fun to watch.

I haven't watched one single regular season game this year.

When the final outcome started being predetermined, my interest level dropped to basically zero.

Warriors in 5, no matter who comes out of the East.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I remember when I had dreams of Porzingis and Doncic in NY...

Those clowns will never get things right. And I don’t see how this deal is done without multiple first round picks, but again it’s the Knicks

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This is just a horrible deal. Even *if* the Knicks are lucky enough to land Zion Williamson, there's no reason to think they won't screw that up. This was just a horrible return on Porzingis. I know Dallas is trying to acquire a first round pick to make this deal happen, but let be honest, it won't matter. More than likely, they will give NY the pick *if* they don't have to convey it to Atlanta (top 1-5 protected), which is the only way the deal works in NYs favor. But assuming it doesn't land there, then it's a 2019 pick that is likely to be a non lottery pick...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This is the part that scares me

He's a huge Dirk fan, he'll extend. Not to mention, he hasn't had even an average facilitator while in NY. He will fricken love playing with Doncic. The rest of the roster needs to be worked out, but KP and Doncic is a great 1-2

Last edited:

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Good deal. Smith was a cancer and they already said they weren’t going to keep Jordan. No way they make this deal if they haven’t talked deal with Porz

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good deal. Smith was a cancer and they already said they weren’t going to keep Jordan. No way they make this deal if they haven’t talked deal with Porz
They have control over his next deal. Any deal he would sign with someone else they can match. Plus they can offer him the most money

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Doncic and Porzingis together for the next 5-7 years is TOUGH. Smart roster management over the past year by Dallas to flip their assets to acquire these two great young studs to build around.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is robbery for the Mavs. Porzingis puts the Mavs in a position of being legit title contenders at some point in the near future. The duo is going to bena nightmare, and it also makes them a better FA destination. They will also make lesser players around them much better

Great day for you Mavs fans

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doncic and Porzingis together for the next 5-7 years is TOUGH. Smart roster management over the past year by Dallas to flip their assets to acquire these two great young studs to build around.
I think they bought really really low KP. Like Walmart bin low

When he was on the market before, Ainge hung up on Jackson because the price was so high

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This is robbery for the Mavs. Porzingis puts the Mavs in a position of being legit title contenders at some point in the near future. The duo is going to bena nightmare, and it also makes them a better FA destination. They will also make lesser players around them much better

Great day for you Mavs fans

They literally got Porzingis in a salary dump...

The only silver lining is if NY gets Dallas pick, which can only happen if it’s 1-5 otherwise ATL gets it. And that is pretty unlikely at this point and I’m not even sure if it’s included in the trade.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They literally got Porzingis in a salary dump...

The only silver lining is if NY gets Dallas pick, which can only happen if it’s 1-5 otherwise ATL gets it. And that is pretty unlikely at this point and I’m not even sure if it’s included in the trade.
Im interested to see what NY does in FA. Ive heard they could major players in the KD sweepstakes. Kyrie returning to Boston also isnt as set in stone as it was in October and NY would be his preferred place. Knox and Smith can then be moved for a 3rd star. I think I'd hold on to Nkilakina since he has a good skill to be a contribute as a role player on a good team.

It looks to me like NY is gear for a FA push