Dallas Must Aquire Some Dogs At DT, LB, and C, OT, RB

Chasing6

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Tyron won’t take UFA $$$$ is likely going to be disappointed.

He’s late career and his girl wants $$$$.

Our best option is to tag him.

But our cap is jacked. Gotta pay Dak his mega $$$$$.
At his age and injury history, he is not going to command big money.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Try to pry Simmons out of Tennessee, sign Von Miller, sign Bobby Wagner. Those guys should be our targets and would make us better right now. Fill in the gaps via draft after that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry and Steven only sign "CHEAP" garbage dumpster dogs..... who let this dog out!!
dog-in-dumpster.jpg
I promise you save that dog out of that dumpster, you take him home and give him a nice home that would be the most loyal hard working dog that will defend you till the end..He will die for you that a great dog , IMHO better than any pure breed brought home as pump and allowed to sleep in your bed lay on couches in AC and wont walk on wet grass, that for sure..

so, this did not drop the way you hoped but you'll get the same likes from the same trash fan perspective that somehow we don't bring in good players are you saying that Hankins, Gilmore, and cooks were dumpster diving? The Cowboys somehow with all this trash that you all claim we get somehow, it's won 36 games two division titles and then the three straight playoff games over the last three years...

Talk about being lucky we have the worst front office the worst players and somehow a top five team the last three years.... I get we're not going further we're falling short of expectations but give me a break on the word trash and dumpster diving they do a pretty good job of getting value and yes it would be nice if they took a little more risk this year this all in mentality both in the draft I'd like to see some trades up some trades down finding the actual target players but don't call them trash these dudes they brought in undrafted free agents some of the free agents and trades have kept this team playing at least in the regular season at a high level they don't forget how to play football they just having some crazy bad situational football and some bad luck to go along with it but please spare me these narrtives.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Try to pry Simmons out of Tennessee, sign Von Miller, sign Bobby Wagner. Those guys should be our targets and would make us better right now. Fill in the gaps via draft after that.
Why would you want Von Miller and Bobby Wagner the last three years these are the same free agents that people keep wanting and they're only getting older Von Miller did nothing last year he's injury prone and Bobby Wagner has hinted he wanted to finish his career last year in Seattle and is contemplating retirement...

Please bring me some better names some new names some younger healthier players that are not at retirement contemplation stage in their careers it's the same names...

Give me guys like them but again younger more in their prime that's the type of players we go after because I don't see how Von Miller and Bobby Wagner are any different than some of the other guys being discussed as dumpster diving you know like hankins and Gilmore and cooks and guys like him who do come in and contribute by the way but people around here don't like it but that'd be the same thing these would not be week one free agents these guys usually are almost all the way up till like preseason before they've been picked up by teams am I saying they weren't good in their prime but come on give me some fresh lists some fresh names I've been hearing Von Miller and Bobby Wagner for three years now and I don't wanna hear OBJ either.. What's next bring back Jamal Adams or bust LOL

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think Sweat lasts to the second and we can upgrade the o-line and get him in the building
here's the problem,

the Dallas Cowboys picking the bottom five of the draft when you say he lasted the second,

they had this problem with other players last year, yes they drafted early that's because by the time they pick again they're most likely gone because we're basically picking in the next round when we pick so if we waited till the bottom of the second round and hoped that sweat was there ,most likely long gone...

yeah he might last till maybe the 10th- 12th pick in the second, then you would have to trade up so why not just take him where you take him but yeah this place is not going to be happy if you take two defensive tackles in the first round and back-to-back drafts, however sweats the real deal he is not Mazi, Mazi needs some development..

I I'm Longhorn fan watched every snap ,this guy has to be doubled or he's pushing his guy into the running back or the quarterback he is that big and that's strong and he is still young and can get better he kind of reminds me of the Deron Payne who lie Jordan Davis was taken 13th overall, that is his floor IMHO so at 24 would not be bad choice. Now if you have an equall in all ways stud MLB or Center maybe you have hard choice...

So Mazi might have been a reach but we would not be talking about sweat the same way you know five games into the season he would instantly probably be the starter at defensive Ntackle and Mazi would be the backup.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That sounds like a recipe for success right there, Reader is a hoss.And getting those LB's in free agency would allow Dallas to draft pure . They could concentrate on the trenches C OT RB .
As I have been saying, will Stephen open up the books and actually sign legitimate fa’s or continue the same course of just building through the draft

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Tyron won’t take UFA $$$$ is likely going to be disappointed.

He’s late career and his girl wants $$$$.

Our best option is to tag him.

But our cap is jacked. Gotta pay Dak his mega $$$$$.
Yep. Agreed. Tyron is likely gone.

Cowboys need to address Oline through the draft. I listed a very good O-Tackle (4th round) and C (5th round) in post #15 who could be there for the taking when the Cowboys pick.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We need some pit bulls instead of chihuahuas.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I've got the answer for all 5 positions (DT, LB, RB, OT and C) and within reasonable availability for each round, including Jerry trading Trey Lance for either an early-to-mid 4th round pick.

1st round (24th overall): Texas DT T'Vondre Sweat

2nd round (56th overall): NC State LB Payton Wilson

3rd round (87th overall): Wisconsin RB Braelon Allen

4th round (trade Trey Lance to Jets for 112th overall): Texas OT Christian Jones

5th round (173rd overall): Miami C Matt Lee

No to any short horns.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
here's the problem,

the Dallas Cowboys picking the bottom five of the draft when you say he lasted the second,

they had this problem with other players last year, yes they drafted early that's because by the time they pick again they're most likely gone because we're basically picking in the next round when we pick so if we waited till the bottom of the second round and hoped that sweat was there ,most likely long gone...

yeah he might last till maybe the 10th- 12th pick in the second, then you would have to trade up so why not just take him where you take him but yeah this place is not going to be happy if you take two defensive tackles in the first round and back-to-back drafts, however sweats the real deal he is not Mazi, Mazi needs some development..

I I'm Longhorn fan watched every snap ,this guy has to be doubled or he's pushing his guy into the running back or the quarterback he is that big and that's strong and he is still young and can get better he kind of reminds me of the Deron Payne who lie Jordan Davis was taken 13th overall, that is his floor IMHO so at 24 would not be bad choice. Now if you have an equall in all ways stud MLB or Center maybe you have hard choice...

So Mazi might have been a reach but we would not be talking about sweat the same way you know five games into the season he would instantly probably be the starter at defensive Ntackle and Mazi would be the backup.
if you are a longhorns fan and watched every snap then i trust you, he is definetly not Mazi but this place will erupt with the bust comments as soon as we take him at 24...

now my thing is why not take the top C in the draft and use future draft capital to secure someone like sweat (i'm sure it will cost you a 3rd and 4th to move up, maybe even not that much) to tackle 2 birds with 1 stone

if we take Sweat in the first rd then we are slim pickings for OC

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Center. Strong running games require that strong dominant Center.

And you phrased this well as we likely only draft 1 OL in top 3 rounds
agreed... there is no way there are going OL back to back in rd 1-3...there are just way too many needs so IMHO it is one or the other... I think your option is the best

Chasing6

Reaction score
if you are a longhorns fan and watched every snap then i trust you, he is definetly not Mazi but this place will erupt with the bust comments as soon as we take him at 24...

now my thing is why not take the top C in the draft and use future draft capital to secure someone like sweat (i'm sure it will cost you a 3rd and 4th to move up, maybe even not that much) to tackle 2 birds with 1 stone

if we take Sweat in the first rd then we are slim pickings for OC
We need a DT in free agency. We do not know how to evaluate this position for some reason.

Get your OC, RB and LB in the draft. Splurge on a DT and get vet stop gap LB in free agency.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
We need a DT in free agency. We do not know how to evaluate this position for some reason.

Get your OC, RB and LB in the draft. Splurge on a DT and get vet stop gap LB in free agency.
the only problem is we have a realistic shot at 1/3 top DT's as Chris Jones and Madibuke are likely tagged...that leaves us with MIA DT and i'm not sure if it's better to pay him, or a LBer like Lavonte David as a stop gap

Chasing6

Reaction score
the only problem is we have a realistic shot at 1/3 top DT's as Chris Jones and Madibuke are likely tagged...that leaves us with MIA DT and i'm not sure if it's better to pay him, or a LBer like Lavonte David as a stop gap
DT that can stop the run and take some pressure of Micah with some interior pass rush. I think the Miami tackle Christian Wilkins is our most realistic target. I don't think Miami can afford to resign him.

Gambit

Reaction score
Grover Stewart is one id target at DT