Dallas needs better QB play

Chasing6

Reaction score
Without a good QB a team can't compete or expect to win. Right now, Dallas doesn't have that. Dallas can't keep throwing multiple INTs per game.
But for some reason Mountain Mahomes can. I wonder how that works.

Thats right I forgot. They can run the ball and stop the run.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Dak has had a good career and would say the Cowboys have generally had good QB play with him under center. However, this year Dak has just played horribly and is playing with so little confidence. We may be witnessing the unraveling of Dak and couldn't be coming at the worse possible time after his new contract. I really had hoped we didn't cave on his contract before the season, there was no reason to pay him.

With that said the problems stretch beyond Dak alone and hopefully if we can get more from the running game Dak can improve on what has been his worst year of his career.

Bagman

Reaction score
Of COURSE they do...Dak is playing really bad right now. Having said that, Mike McCarthy's offense has been exposed as basically a different iteration of the same offense that were run by the Garrett crew. Tons of stop routes and the lack of attacking the middle on a constant basis are still ever present. You would think that a guy that calls himself an offensive guy would recognize what his own defense has CONSTANT TROUBLE with and incorporate into his own offense, especially since he calls himself a WCO disciple. The 49er's, Saints, Lions ran crossing routes ALL DAMN DAY against them. Yet, the few times this year Dallas has properly executed crossing routes, they have been very successful - so, of course, they decide to stop running them. Make it make sense.
:huh:
Great post, brother. Offensive design and play calling is very frustrating. In a copycat league, we're trying to be the cool kids who don't copy anybody. See how it's working out.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
There's no way in hell you can convince Jerry of that, maybe the new coach will insist that we draft a young QB to groom or something

As someone just stated on another thread, it better be BB then, because you know Jed isn’t going to listen to a younger coach, he won’t have any input, h—- Jed would probably pick his assistants for him.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I still don’t understand why Jerry re-signed Prescott. Did he panic thinking there’s nobody else out there. You’re losing anyways might as well play a loser.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
You noticed that the last int cam e with the same sideline throw the 49ers have picked off every time we have played them in San Francisco. Maybe Doughnut Mike should stop throwing it against these guys. Some fan's in here act like Dak makes the game plan. Dak sucks but McCarthy makes him even worse. Dak had a better coach? Maybe Dak would be better? I mean who has he had? Jason Garrett-Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy. You think Mahomes would be Mahomes with any of these guys running his offense? Not saying Dak would be. But I bet Dak would be way better under Reid than any of these 3 :facepalm: Coaching matters!!!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
You noticed that the last int cam e with the same sideline throw the 49ers have picked off every time we have played them in San Francisco. Maybe Doughnut Mike should stop throwing it against these guys. Some fan's in here act like Dak makes the game plan. Dak sucks but McCarthy makes him even worse. Dak had a better coach? Maybe Dak would be better? I mean who has he had? Jason Garrett-Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy. You think Mahomes would be Mahomes with any of these guys running his offense? Not saying Dak would be. But I bet Dak would be way better under Reid than any of these 3 :facepalm: Coaching matters!!!!
You mean the clapper is not coaching anymore.