Dallas needs Sean Payton no matter what it costs

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dont see Jones sticking with McCarthy with Payton potentially available. Even if that availability comes at the cost of draft capital. Dont see Nola turning it down if he is just going to walk anyways. I dont know how much it would take. #24 would probably be the minimum, but I think Jones makes the bold move.

Payton is his best shot at winning it all in his lifetime, and he has a strong relationship with him. Word his Jones back chaneled to see how available he was late 2019, so Im guessing Payton was his first choice. I think he pays the price for him this year

you think SP is worth high draft picks, a high salary, and paying MM to leaver what you owe him, jerrys doesn't do that and why would he??

SP is better but not that much we saw him with 3 7-9 seasons with brees one championship ONLY with brees, and lately what has he done , truly? M also has a ring and been to other NFCCGs same as SP.

I lie the idea if SP were a true FA and sign him but not what we would have to pay out to get him and what we owe MM.. i mean the guy just had 12-5 season 6-0 in the division and playoff appearance while disappointing he deserves shot at finishing what he started, one more year.
maybe clueless fans don't understand this but blowing chit up makes no sense right now.

want to make changes get rid Of Moore and the entire Offensive coaching staff and bring in someone with a vision for our players.

Aven8

Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief folks Sean is a super tight with Jerry and best buds with Stephen. They love each other. Having said that I don’t see how this happens. Although I would love it because if we are going status quo at OC with Moore, and Mike isn’t going to call plays? I’m out on Mike.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t get why fans think throwing around a premium pick is a good idea
If he’s on the market, that one thing but trading picks is a non starter for me

Then come draft time they would complain we don't have a 1st round pick. Then would say Jerry was stupid for trading for him after the 1st loss, or 1st mismanaged time out.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think Payton would leave the sidelines this coming year unless he was burned out and needed time away which the broadcast booth would give him that while keeping him close to the game. So no I would not give up much needed draft choices for a HC who seems to be burned out. Let him have a year off then pursue and see if there is real interest.

GMO415

Reaction score
Payton retires. Jerry hires him in 2023 after DAL is home for the playoffs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Working with Jerry is a challenge no doubt.
Hopefully Sean would have enough cred with Jerry like Parcells did.
They also have worked together before.
Maybe Jerry is finally getting desperate for a winner enough to trust someone he respects?
Probably just all a pipe dream

Sean Payton knows the Joneses well enough to be aware of exactly what he'd be getting into. Even though he reportedly gets along extremely well with them, he should also be aware of the problems inherent to being their HC. Would he be willing to take that plunge, knowing full well that Jerry has a habit of neutering his HCs? That remains to be seen. He's been used to wielding a generous amount of authority in New Orleans. Something tells me that he'd possibly be more likely to see if a TV commentating spot opens up for him. If not, other offers could also be quite tempting. ;)

Last edited:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
th
If it's a first just do it.

Quinn is probably gone and KM might find a space to occupy. Bring this man home. MM is a perfect Jerry puppet. 14 penalties in the final game is on him. I know the players play the game but, the teacher failed! Getting tired of some of his "Bush League" speeches as well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't understand the infatuation with Payton....he won a superbowl. he had Brees as his QB. a future HOFer and one of the best and he was Elite and considered Elite for years....how could he only win 1 superbowl with a QB like that? his defenses have always been pretty bad. everyone thinks he is this offensive guru, QB whisperer, but did he whisper Brees into becoming Elite?

I wouldn't want to give up anything to get payton and that would be just so we can see the grass on the otherside and realize its not that much greener.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Payton has to actually want the job. A man pondering retirement, who already has money, isn't likely to be swayed by it.

Besides, there are already networks looking to hire him for TV work - a far less demanding gig than head coach.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Payton has to actually want the job. A man pondering retirement, who already has money, isn't likely to be swayed by it.

Besides, there are already networks looking to hire him for TV work - a far less demanding gig than head coach.
Jerry has money and not alot of time to spend it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's a buddy of Jerry....if he's smart he'll steer clear from the job..if he takes it? Its a cash grab. No reputable coach should want to coach this franchise and their structure. I expect a guy like Payton to want the keys to the car. Until Jerry does that expect the same results even with Payton.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry has money and not alot of time to spend it.

Reminds me of the guy who said offer Jimmy $50 million, as if old Jimmy is going to give up the good life pushing 80. :muttley:

I repeat: A man pondering retirement, who already has money, isn't likely to be swayed by it.

Believe it or not, not everyone can be bought. This is especially true of people who already have plenty of money.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Sean falls under the Tuna family tree, which means if he does his own grocery shopping, he also wants to prepare his own meals.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Reminds me of the guy who said offer Jimmy $50 million, as if old Jimmy is going to give up the good life pushing 80. :muttley:

I repeat: A man pondering retirement, who already has money, isn't likely to be swayed by it.

Believe it or not, not everyone can be bought. This is especially true of people who already have plenty of money.

Also beggs the question why he spent 4 mill on the first HC he interviewed this time...he had money and short time last go around if I recall.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Look, Jerry just needs to hire me to be HC. I couldn't possibly be any worse than McCarthy!! Plus, he only needs to pay me half of what Mike's salary is. :p