Dallas needs Sean Payton no matter what it costs

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
I would be happy with Payton but don't think Jerry would give up enough of his power to make the job appetizing.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Reminds me of the guy who said offer Jimmy $50 million, as if old Jimmy is going to give up the good life pushing 80. :muttley:

I repeat: A man pondering retirement, who already has money, isn't likely to be swayed by it.

Believe it or not, not everyone can be bought. This is especially true of people who already have plenty of money.

and sometimes you just need a break from it. Payton is 58 but has been HC of NO for the past 15 years? As we know players get a lot of time off for the offseason, coaches not so much. I would not be surprised to see him return to the sidelines after having some time away.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why we didn't win that Niners game. The speeches weren't good enough.

Might as well bring back Garrett if epic speeches and top notch field trips are what you want.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Wonder if Jerry keeps rope in his office, when he interviews an HC prospect do you think he makes them tie one hand behind thier back and say "Are you comfortable like this" and the interview ends shortly after.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Reminds me of the guy who said offer Jimmy $50 million, as if old Jimmy is going to give up the good life pushing 80. :muttley:

I repeat: A man pondering retirement, who already has money, isn't likely to be swayed by it.

Believe it or not, not everyone can be bought. This is especially true of people who already have plenty of money.

I'll add, do you really want someone going through the motions just because he got paid? Seems like many want to cut players who are doing this.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are still here so Peyton wouldn't matter.

Vince Lombardi couldn't un...mess this ... Feces show. Not while the Jones clan is in residence.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Unless he comes with Drew Brees and a time machine I could care less.

Its funny and been shown but Payton and MM have same identical everything..down to the fact one is credited for winning with a HOF legend QB and the other gets no credit as the credit goes to his HOF QB..kinda funny to me. In hindsight one has a 12-5 record with a "Bus Driving" QB to the same people that need Payton over him...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He’s just taking from others to give to Dak.
Robbing Peter(other needed players) to pay Paul(Dak).

Other teams are having to do it that’s life in the NFL with QBs these days.

quickccc

Reaction score
I dont see Jones sticking with McCarthy with Payton potentially available. Even if that availability comes at the cost of draft capital. Dont see Nola turning it down if he is just going to walk anyways. I dont know how much it would take. #24 would probably be the minimum, but I think Jones makes the bold move.

Payton is his best shot at winning it all in his lifetime, and he has a strong relationship with him. Word his Jones back chaneled to see how available he was late 2019, so Im guessing Payton was his first choice. I think he pays the price for him this year

and if i'm Naawlins ..i'd make sure i ask for the world for Payton easily our best HC ever in Saints land, i'd demand the Gruden package
Two future 1st rounds.., two future 2nd rounds ...

if you really want him that badly ...then let's see how much you willing to pay compensation for him...

What trips me out, is McCarthy himself also has a SB winning resume and credentials to his name as well, and he also is supposed to be a well regarded offensive mind
too. But now after just 2 years, there's the swirling rumor of could the Cowboys be interested in Payton ..and ditch McCarthy ?

jsb357

Reaction score
stop.jpg

Reactions: G2

75boyz

Reaction score
Its funny and been shown but Payton and MM have same identical everything..down to the fact one is credited for winning with a HOF legend QB and the other gets no credit as the credit goes to his HOF QB..kinda funny to me. In hindsight one has a 12-5 record with a "Bus Driving" QB to the same people that need Payton over him...

It's funny though man, and I agree with your post to a point. But then I do this weird little thing...
And I realize how different NFL team circumstances aren't cut and dry, black and white, in a vacuum comparison models.

But I still do it.

I do a quick (insert the QB or insert the coach name) of role reversal and I see Payton doing 12-5 or better with this squad and see McCarthy maybe winning 5 with Payton's.

Agree or disagree it's just one of those quirky things I've caught myself doing a lot over the last few years.

Just my opinion as always.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It's funny though man, and I agree with your post to a point. But then I do this weird little thing...
And I realize how different NFL team circumstances aren't cut and dry, black and white, in a vacuum comparison models.

But I still do it.

I do a quick (insert the QB or insert the coach name) of role reversal and I see Payton doing 12-5 or better with this squad and see McCarthy maybe winning 5 with Payton's.

Agree or disagree it's just one of those quirky things I've caught myself doing a lot over the last few years.

Just my opinion as always.

I am open to what I'm missing that makes Payton do better in this structure than MM, I surely dont see it with what they have done in the past though. This comparison is not over a small period its a large one and they had very similar "Weapons" for that period. Again I'm open to what I'm missing when presented with the data. This is'nt me saying MM should stay, I'm just asking why one is viewed clearly above the other based of what they have done. I think both fail in this Franchises current structure.

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol.. even if he did come here he would just be the next target for fans to yell at...lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Lol.. even if he did come here he would just be the next target for fans to yell at...lol

True its like Watching A crime lord rape the city for years and we continue to arrest the middle men while the crime lord is on TV shaking hands with the Mayor.