Dallas needs to bring in Julio Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
1 year 1 million guaranteed with up to 4 million in incentives.

What's the worst that could happen?

Really only need him the first 4 to 5 weeks of the season for when Gallup is still missing games.

If he's healthy for the playoffs that would be a huge plus for the offense.
The worst?
Tolbert gets less snaps
We pay him to watch from the training room like he’s done most every year lately

conner01

Reaction score
No contradtion, dude.
My point is - Julio Jones is not worth the Cowboys - or any of the other 31 teams - bringing him into their training camp ANY PRICE.
Injuries is what’s gonna get him offers
If a team loses a WR or two in camp they will take the gamble. And it’s a gamble since he’s always hurt

Dre11

Reaction score
Article is from a year ago.
AND - why haven't the Titans resigned Jones as a "mentor" ...our as a consultant to the WRs \ WR coach?

Exactly a year ago, you claimed he's such a selfish player, yet everyone that actually dealt with him says the opposite. He'd been called a mentor and unselfish in both places. Stop, you're wrong.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What type of numbers J12B thinks Jones would have to produce to get 4X the "prosposed" offer?
[$1 miilion contract is just 55% increase over NFL minimum 1 season salary $660 K]
JJ is NOT going to accept the league vet minimum.. thats my point..dude would hold out longer or retire for that,,

Motorola

Reaction score
Dude there's nothing backing your claim anywhere...lol there's quotes saying the opposite...lol
Falcons franchise are moving beyond recent greats at this jucnture.
An opinion by a a FPW on a fan website on what the FO should do means nothing.

Motorola

Reaction score
JJ is NOT going to accept the league vet minimum.. thats my point..dude would hold out longer or retire for that,,
blueblood70 - that's the very point I'm making to J12B... hence that's why Jones isn't on an NFL roster two-/three weeks before training camp starts.

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
Injuries is what’s gonna get him offers
If a team loses a WR or two in camp they will take the gamble. And it’s a gamble since he’s always hurt
There are a number of FA WRs I would gamble on before Jones.

conner01

Reaction score
There are a number of FA WRs I would gamble on before Jones.
Unless someone gets injured or Tolbert just flops in camp I think they’d rather go with what they have. I think they’d like to keep at least one of Semi or Vasher
Bringing in another WR makes that tough to do

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Really only need him the first 4 to 5 weeks of the season for when Gallup is still missing games.

Lets bring in another pay check collector, I thought we wanted to change this culture.

Dre11

Reaction score
Falcons franchise are moving beyond recent greats at this jucnture.
An opinion by a a FPW on a fan website on what the FO should do means nothing.

Again it screams the opposite of what you claim. He's a fan, you're not, his opinion is different than yours and more in line with folks whom dealt with Jones personally.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

There would be a lot of teams interested if that was truly the contract. I'm on board with taking a flyer on Jones, simply because the toughest part of our schedule comes when Gallup is likely out. However, the money likely is significantly higher which is probably why he remains a free agent.

Motorola

Reaction score
Unless someone gets injured or Tolbert just flops in camp I think they’d rather go with what they have. I think they’d like to keep at least one of Semi or Vasher
Bringing in another WR makes that tough to do
Since being drafted, Tolbert is the hands down favorite here at CZ to cement a role in the WR rotation.
-Vasher coming off of IR
-Fehoko basically being a very limited ST player__only active 5 games - 46 ST snaps, 7 as WR.
Being some reports that HC McCarthy wants Fehoko at TE.
Basically
Again it screams the opposite of what you claim. He's a fan, you're not, his opinion is different than yours and more in line with folks whom dealt with Jones personally.
Until the Falcons bring Jones in as a consultant or coach - my opninion is just as valid as yours

conner01

Reaction score
Since being drafted, Tolbert is the hands down favorite here at CZ to cement a role in the WR rotation.
-Vasher coming off of IR
-Fehoko basically being a very limited ST player__only active 5 games - 46 ST snaps, 7 as WR.
Basically

Until the Falcons bring Jones in as a consultant or coach - my opninion is just as valid as yours
Neither semi or Vasher have shown anything but that’s common for late round and undrafted players. You know they need time to develop but you see potential. I don’t think they want to cut ties just yet for a 34 year old receiver who’s played a full season like 5 times in his career or any other guy out there really
They may like the idea of semi as a te but to keep him on the roster he’s gonna have to push someone else off
I think they’d love someone to push brown off but no one has yet because he’s considered a good ST player. Guys like semi and Vasher greatly increase their chances if they can contribute on ST

Dre11

Reaction score
-Vasher coming off of IR
Basically

No it isn't I've backed up mine with quotes from people who knows him, you have yet to provide anything but your opinion

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jones is a FORMER best WR.
HIS last year in Atlanta he fell off the cliff - went from 15 games played to 9, 1400 yds to 770, a paltry TD number of 6 to JUST 3(!), and 1st down catches from 36 to 19.
Falcons traded him to the Titans - his play there was worse. Tennessee cut him after one year with him.
Another pay check collector at this point in his career.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Hence why Julio Jones is not on an NFL roster today -
Julio just trying to play catch up, follow the leader of Adams and Hills mega pay day.
Unfortunate for him that all teams in the league are not playing that card now.

Mannix

Reaction score
No....I'd rather pay big money for a mansion, then overpay for a condo.

Status
Not open for further replies.