Dallas needs to bring in Julio Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1 year 1 million guaranteed with up to 4 million in incentives.

What's the worst that could happen?

You cut a young guy who could contribute for years for a 12 year vet who catches 20 balls, maybe scores once, then gets hurt again.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Really only need him the first 4 to 5 weeks of the season for when Gallup is still missing games.

If he's healthy for the playoffs that would be a huge plus for the offense.
I am on board with bringing him in
If he's healthy enough to contribute.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If he still wants to play in the NFL, I can see a team adding him late in the pre-season after they determine how their teams are shaping up. Or he is a veteran signing for a team after week 1 of the regular season.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
And? I haven't seen anybody criticizing Jones.

In this league you won't get far ragging on someone. We all know situations with certain Cowboys players, but did you notice that there were very few if no Cowboys calling them out in the media.

If you want to know the dirt on a player it won't happen in mainstream media. You have to dig a bit further in the hidden rooms of the internet where people speak out about behaviour.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Really only need him the first 4 to 5 weeks of the season for when Gallup is still missing games.

I have not read though the posts yet.
1st thing, if he is only needed until Gallup returns, then why give any guarantees. He would not go for that.

Plus if you sign him before the season starts, and is on the game 1 roster, he is guaranteed to get his full pay fr the year. Sign him after game 1, then he only gets paid for the games e is on the roster.
Yes maybe he signs elsewhere, but no one else has signed him yet either.

Go into TC, let it play out with who we have. Then evaluate from there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
what makes you say he had no dedication? Did he ever give in games like Amari? Did he ever show up to camp out of shape?

Poor route running. Never perfected his craft. Even at the end there he said he would get a route coach when it looked like he was going to get let go. Dez could have been even better.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Poor route running. Never perfected his craft. Even at the end there he said he would get a route coach when it looked like he was going to get let go. Dez could have been even better.

poor route tree....lol. Damn, I wish we had more guys like that.

Amari is a great route runner, yes? He never came close to dominating like Dez did.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would rather move on Will Fuller but on a 1 year deal yes I would take Julio Jones

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Julio won't take a vet minimum type deal to play for any team that is not a bona-fide Super Bowl contender. Why would he? He's made over 100 million in his career. If he does take that sort of deal in Dallas it will mean that he at least believes this team has the goods to get it done. But I seem to recall that he and Quinn had something of a contentious relationship in ATL I think because Julio couldn't stay healthy. But that could just be my memory failing me..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What Dallas needs to do is unknown at this point. Let them figure out what they need to do at training camp and preseason. Also, Julio Jones is past his prime but still commanding a prime pricetag. No thank you.

Loso86

Reaction score

You think he'd sign that....? Lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he’s done. If his final year in Atlanta wasn’t enough evidence, that year in Tennessee confirmed it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
poor route tree....lol. Damn, I wish we had more guys like that.

Amari is a great route runner, yes? He never came close to dominating like Dez did.

Amari has nothing to do with Dez. Dez could have been even better. He was a bad route runner. Thats just the reality of it. It probably shortened his career.

Dre11

Reaction score
Julio won't take a vet minimum type deal to play for any team that is not a bona-fide Super Bowl contender. Why would he? He's made over 100 million in his career. If he does take that sort of deal in Dallas it will mean that he at least believes this team has the goods to get it done. But I seem to recall that he and Quinn had something of a contentious relationship in ATL I think because Julio couldn't stay healthy. But that could just be my memory failing me..

No I think you have it wrong, Julio came to Quinn defense when he was getting fired.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...tional-locker-room-speech-defending-dan-quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.