Dallas offense top ten in field goal attempts!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If a team is milking a lead, sometimes playing/settling for three is the right call.
That's why I didn't even really spend much time on this thread......this doesn't prove redzone struggles...I'm sure there are other stats that you can use to prove that but this just ain't it. If a team is on the 37 yard line with 2 seconds left in the 2nd quarter and kick a field goal........then what? They should've just kneeled instead? Just stupid lol.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In 2020, no team attempted more field goals of 40 yards or longer than the Cowboys.

Y'all know field goals over 37 yards are not from the red zone, right? :muttley:
shhh, don't bust the party...they have an agenda to drive

Doomsday101

Reaction score
2016=16 th overall ranked

2017=17 th overall ranked

2018= 7 th overall ranked

2019= 2 th overall ranked

2020=1 st overall ranked

Does anyone see a Red-Zone problem????:omg:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/field-goal-attempts-per-game?date=2021-02-08

Good thing Dak is back, before he was injured Dallas was ranked 8th in redzone TD with 73.43%. That number dropped drastically once Dak went down, at that point we were around 50%. Before Dak went down Dallas was avg 32 points a game, afterwards 21 points a game a full 11 point drop per game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want touchdowns you have to make that 50 million a year. An extra sky point a game and you're talking 55 million.

khiladi

Reaction score
After teams figured out what Dak likes to do its been a struggle for him in the redzone. He either runs the ball, or throws short to Zeke or Amari and hopes they can break a tackle and run it in to the endzone.

They basically started to put a spy on Dak for the QB option, to make him beat them with the arm.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
If a team is milking a lead, sometimes playing/settling for three is the right call.
By my quick count, Dallas was tied or leading in 35 of the 64 quarters played in 2019. Milking a lead?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
By my quick count, Dallas was tied or leading in 35 of the 64 quarters played in 2019. Milking a lead?
Thanks for the data. I was not implying that was the case for the Cowboys. Just that it is a scenario to factor in when looking at that stat.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The big kahuna hater is on a roll today, and his band wagon haters are riding along.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
because garrett is predictable in the red-zone and dalton played it safe.
ipso-fatso....solved:thumbup:

garrett didn't call plays. And you'll notice we increased fg attemps every year dak started with a big jump in linehans final year but that continued into moore's 1st year as oc through last year.

conner01

Reaction score
Not sure FG attempts is the best way to judge red zone efficiency at all
Many times the best offenses attempt a large number of FG just because they get in FG range the most. FG attempts doesn’t mean FG attempts in the red zone
We certainly need to improve our red zone offense but a healthy oline is gonna be huge in the red zone
I also think as lamb develops he will help as well as Schultz developing

conner01

Reaction score
Good thing Dak is back, before he was injured Dallas was ranked 8th in redzone TD with 73.43%. That number dropped drastically once Dak went down, at that point we were around 50%. Before Dak went down Dallas was avg 32 points a game, afterwards 21 points a game a full 11 point drop per game.
Red zone TD percentage is really how you judge a red zone offense
FG attempts doesn’t come close to telling you how well your offense was in the red zone