Dallas offense top ten in field goal attempts!

cowboyec

Reaction score
garrett didn't call plays. And you'll notice we increased fg attemps every year dak started with a big jump in linehans final year but that continued into moore's 1st year as oc through last year.
he didnt call plays but it was his offense.
he was WAY to predictable in the red-zone.
that was a common complaint around here that didn't orginate with me.
the redzone failures aren't all on the qb.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I know it hurts @PAPPYDOG ....They LOVE Dak....like Romo never existed.

I wasn't here during the Romo years but I was over at the DC board. So I don't know the stories here. So by you saying that I now see why he doesn't like Dak. He's not a fan of the Cowboys he's a fan of Romo. Make sense now. What about all the other Dak haters like Fallen Star? It would make sense if they were Romosexuals too.

For the record I'm a Dakistan, Romosexual, AikMAN and Staubacker. I can't think of any good names for Danny White, Quincy Carter or all the other QBs we've had. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. That's who I pledge my allegiance to. :star:

Beaker42

Reaction score
Stats are a lot like life.
You can look at them and see whatever you want to see.
LOL - really, that’s your take? It wouldn’t have mattered if Dak had been QB all season long, we’d still lead in FG attempts because he can’t lead this offense to TD’s. Maybe now that he’s making $40mil per he’ll up his game.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

its a stupid complaint and above proves it. When Garrett left did we improve in TD% or stay the same or get worse? we got worse....but Garrett wasn't here. And Garrett wasn't calling plays so again if you dont like the plays called that's 100% understandable but that fell 100% on the OC one of which was Linehan then the same issue was there with Moore and the same issue was there last year under mcCarthy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Red zone TD percentage is really how you judge a red zone offense
FG attempts doesn’t come close to telling you how well your offense was in the red zone

That is TD only in the redzone that I posted, not FG. The drop off fell from 73% to around 50% after dak went down

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

cowboyec

Reaction score
its a stupid complaint and above proves it. When Garrett left did we improve in TD% or stay the same or get worse? we got worse....but Garrett wasn't here. And Garrett wasn't calling plays so again if you dont like the plays called that's 100% understandable but that fell 100% on the OC one of which was Linehan then the same issue was there with Moore and the same issue was there last year under mcCarthy.
then take it up with the rest of the forum.
but to try and pin all of it on Dak is absurd.
if you wanna start some where...start with how predictable garrett's offense was in the redzone.
this thread isnt looking at just 2020.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In 2020, no team attempted more field goals of 40 yards or longer than the Cowboys.

Y'all know field goals over 37 yards are not from the red zone, right? :muttley:
So does that mean a different field area is very problematic for us?

Sustaining drives?

I'm just trying to get your dog laughing thing to actually have some meaning...aside form trying to get one over on people, that is.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Red zone TD percentage is really how you judge a red zone offense
FG attempts doesn’t come close to telling you how well your offense was in the red zone
Gotta make it to the red zone FIRST.

Where do we compare with that stat? How many possessions get us to the red zone....THEN we can talk about how effective we are from there.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

In my opinion...even though pap did mention "red zone problems"....this is not a '"red zone problem".

It would appear we're having trouble just getting to the red zone let alone the end zone.

Not many people blame just Dak....but can sure be hard to be critical and not get lumped in with them.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
then take it up with the rest of the forum.
but to try and pin all of it on Dak is absurd.
if you wanna start some where...start with how predictable garrett's offense was in the redzone.
this thread isnt looking at just 2020.

Not saying its all Daks fault he just tries to execute the plays he is given which never came from Garrett. The system Garrett installed is huge and 2 teams running the same system can be extremely different as its just principles. If you blame the playcalling then blame Linehan and Moore that is/was their job. That is my point especially since the trend has continued with Garrett gone.

cowboyec

Reaction score
In my opinion...even though pap did mention "red zone problems"....this is not a '"red zone problem".

It would appear we're having trouble just getting to the red zone let alone the end zone.

Not many people blame just Dak....but can sure be hard to be critical and not get lumped in with them.
agreed.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not saying its all Daks fault he just tries to execute the plays he is given which never came from Garrett. The system Garrett installed is huge and 2 teams running the same system can be extremely different as its just principles. If you blame the playcalling then blame Linehan and Moore that is/was their job. That is my point especially since the trend has continued with Garrett gone.
didnt mean to insinuate you...that was my error in sentence structure.

Swagger

Reaction score

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh:

I don't assume they know anything anymore. :laugh:
I think you may have missed an important point jake made. We're kicking more field goals from OUTSIDE the red zone than anyone else. Which would seem to indicate We're having trouble just getting to red zone...never mind being effective from it.

We're getting stuck mid field. Concerning.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I wasn't here during the Romo years but I was over at the DC board. So I don't know the stories here. So by you saying that I now see why he doesn't like Dak. He's not a fan of the Cowboys he's a fan of Romo. Make sense now. What about all the other Dak haters like Fallen Star? It would make sense if they were Romosexuals too.

For the record I'm a Dakistan, Romosexual, AikMAN and Staubacker. I can't think of any good names for Danny White, Quincy Carter or all the other QBs we've had. I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan. That's who I pledge my allegiance to. :star:

Your what they call a "Cowboys Fan"........

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think you may have missed an important point jake made. We're kicking more field goals from OUTSIDE the red zone than anyone else. Which would seem to indicate We're having trouble just getting to red zone...never mind being effective from it.

We're getting stuck mid field. Concerning.
I don't see that as a problem honestly. Watching these games....the issues were starting off games slow. Not getting stuck at midfield.

Kicking field goals at mid-field could be the result of a conservative head coach. It could be anything.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Red Zone TD conversion rank was as follows

2016 - 5 (65.6%)
2017 - 7 (59.6%)
2018 - 26 (51.8%)
2019 - 16 (57.4%)
2020 - 29 (50.0%)