Dallas offense top ten in field goal attempts!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see that as a problem honestly. Watching these games....the issues were starting off games slow. Not getting stuck at midfield.

Kicking field goals at mid-field could be the result of a conservative head coach. It could be anything.
No...it's not "anything ". I do agree...could be partially conservative ....then you have to find the reason(s) for THAT.

Slow starts? You mean fumbles and interceptions before even midfield,? Yep.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No...it's not "anything ". I do agree...could be partially conservative ....then you have to find the reason(s) for THAT.

Slow starts? You mean fumbles and interceptions before even midfield,? Yep.
Right so what is this about getting stuck at midfield lol? How many times have you seen the Cowboys try 60 yard field goals or punt from midfield?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right so what is this about getting stuck at midfield lol? How many times have you seen the Cowboys try 60 yard field goals or punt from midfield?
Go back and read the original comment. Try to stay focused. You lead people on a spaghetti chase then try to bust their chops.

I never said 60 yard field goals ya dope. I was agreeing about slow starts but that was your point not mine.

Sheesh... people

Ring Leader

Reaction score
That's why I didn't even really spend much time on this thread......this doesn't prove redzone struggles...I'm sure there are other stats that you can use to prove that but this just ain't it. If a team is on the 37 yard line with 2 seconds left in the 2nd quarter and kick a field goal........then what? They should've just kneeled instead? Just stupid lol.

Yet you've already posted 6 times (and counting) in it.

Redline360

Reaction score
Well KM goes full blown I don't even know what a playbook is mode in the redzone.

The one thing I've been dying for Dak to do is step up and be more like Romo when it comes to changing plays at the los. He seems to rarely do it and that's why many claim he's a bus driver.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
LOL - really, that’s your take? It wouldn’t have mattered if Dak had been QB all season long, we’d still lead in FG attempts because he can’t lead this offense to TD’s. Maybe now that he’s making $40mil per he’ll up his game.

So you are saying don't take field goals and just punt, because taking field goals is indicative of a bad offense?
In Dak's 5 games of 2020 we averaged nearly 35 points a game. We lost 3 of those games. So you are saying red zone production is the reason we lost those games?

I see that you see exactly what you want to see.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yet you've already posted 6 times (and counting) in it.
6 posts.....well 7 now thanks to you.......takes about.....20 seconds to post......20 x 6 = 120 seconds......86400 seconds in a day...........604800 seconds in a week......you're right. I spent too much time on this thread. I love it when y'all tell ro mind me how much time I've spent in a thread...especially when y'all take the time out of your day to do it. Thank you.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Go back and read the original comment. Try to stay focused. You lead people on a spaghetti chase then try to bust their chops.

I never said 60 yard field goals ya dope. I was agreeing about slow starts but that was your point not mine.

Sheesh... people
Oh. I thought you said they were getting stuck at midfield.......silly me.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was not the point.
I know it wasn't Jazz.

I used some hyperbole...I know I did. But so did you. When I read your post...you absolve Dak. You.....have to know what your post APPEARS to be...just like you say mine does.

See that's the thing...it's not what we meant to say...it;s what it appears. Your comment looks like it absolves Dak. And I think you do try to do that. But...

he shares every bit of responsibility as anyone else. He is the 'leader", right? He directs the offense.

Does a leader take the heat? Regardless of blame?

Yes....he does. And yes Dak dos share 2020 blame he had as bad of a start as zeke.

DAK SHARES BLAME IN OUR SITUATION.
He just does. If you don't agree...okay. Whatever.

Not all the blame so don't present it that way. And people won't argue it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I did...but I never said we were "kicking 60 yard fields goals".

Silly man.

Look..let's be straight. CAN YOU?

According to the post I referenced.....we lead the league in 40+ yard field goal attempts. It means we can't even get to the red zone, You went right by that stat to make others look bad.

But...what does that stat mean? Leading the league in 40+ yard field goal attempts means SOMETHING . Gotta parse it out.

According to you blame everyone but Dak. If I have that wrong....now's the time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I did...but I never said we were "kicking 60 yard fields goals".

Silly man.

Look..let's be straight. CAN YOU?

According to the post I referenced.....we lead the league in 40+ yard field goal attempts. It means we can't even get to the red zone, You went right by that stat to make others look bad.

But...what does that stat mean? Leading the league in 40+ yard field goal attempts means SOMETHING . Gotta parse it out.

According to you blame everyone but Dak. If I have that wrong....now's the time.
No I didn't. I straight up told you that stat can be misleading and could be a result of field goals. If the Cowboys are on the 37 yard line on 4th and 2....and decide to go for the field goal? They didn't even give the offense a chance. That's what my point was.

Nobody tried to make anyone look bad I simply disagreed. I think of all the problems the Cowboys have.....and being stopped at midfield ain't one of them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I didn't. I straight up told you that stat can be misleading and could be a result of field goals. If the Cowboys are on the 37 yard line on 4th and 2....and decide to go for the field goal? They didn't even give the offense a chance. That's what my point was.

Nobody tried to make anyone look bad I simply disagreed. I think of all the problems the Cowboys have.....and being stopped at midfield ain't one of them.

LOL!

okay you saying you don't try to make any one look bad means you don't try to make anyone look bad.

Thank you for giving me a good laugh this evening. :)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I did say that. The stat that we lead the league in 40+ yard field goals attempt is proof.

We can't even make it to the red zone but you silly guys are arguing our effectiveness in the red zone and who's fault it is.

Please note I never said anything about 60 yard field goals.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL!

okay you saying you don't try to make any one look bad means you don't try to make anyone look bad.

Thank you for giving me a good laugh this evening. :)
If someone is sensitive enough to get in their feelings because someone said something they didn't like? That's a reflection on them not the person who said it.