Dallas probable picks and why

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
In general, the Cowboys FO

-likes picking Power 5 guys (although they love their Boise State Broncos)

-generally picks dudes with at least 40th percentile NFL athleticism, and are very biased towards freaky top-tier athletes (LVE, Byron, Gregory, Jaylon, Chido, the scouts wanting TJ Watt, debating Justin Reid last year)

-slants towards BPA / value over need

-although they do tend to weigh in positional need if "the well is running dry" at a certain spot (Taco/Watt in '17, Connor Williams last year, Gallup, etc).

To me, the signs are pointing towards "best safety remaining at #58". There's probably half a dozen guys with a second round type grade: Adderlly, Savage, Thornhill, Abram, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, am I missing anyone? All except Adderly are Power 5 guys, and they are good to excellent athletes. And there's not really many good safeties projected to be around at the end of the third. So my guess is they get their guy early.

The most "Cowboys pick" of all of them would probably be Thornhill, as a Power 5 freak athlete with good tape and an easy projection to deep safety. But I think his measurables are going to get him drafted long before we are on the clock.

That being said, you follow the guidelines above, and you've got a decent idea of who is on the Cowboys short list.

Beaker42

Reaction score
And that has zero to do with what I was talking about.
Ok, whatever. He’s going to be a good player and I was letting X know my opinion that he doesn’t make it to 90.

Sorry I responded in a manner you found so irritating.