Twitter: Dallas Ran this same play 15 times

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Back in yesteryear...the Washington Football Team used to run the counter tre 20 times a game...n Mr Riggins usually made positive yardage. Couldn't stop it.

Go Cowboys!
  • Lombardi Sweep
  • Brady Slant to Gronk
  • Aikman Slant to Irvin
  • Pick any college running powerhouse before the pro-game
  • And so on... LOL

HungryLion

Reaction score
I agree on everything except being in the right defense to stop it. They were in the worst defense to stop it. They were watching for the run. CD was running free on one DB. The play action held them up and it was over 1 second into the play when CD waved his hand. All Dak needed to do is hit him in stride.

Right that’s what I was saying. “If” the patriots were in the right defense to stop it. Dak would have changed the play at the line or would have just handed the ball off instead.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Pats were clearly trying to stop the run all game and were making Dak beat them

Dak easily accomplished that.
they were keen on stopping the run and taking cooper out of the game, daring us to beat them with CD and rest of the WRs....the strategy somewhat worked, because they were testing Dak and Moore's patience, forcing us to dink and dunk most of the time. That strategy took their best CB out of most plays, as Coope stayed to the outside and deep. what hurt them that we stayed patient, by 4th quarter we had 65 plays to their 28. their defense got tired.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Right that’s what I was saying. “If” the patriots were in the right defense to stop it. Dak would have changed the play at the line or would have just handed the ball off instead.

Yeah I was gonna chime in on that if you hadn't. It's what I mean when I say Dak has evolved into one of those QBs who is always going to put the defense in the "wrong" alignment. Dak was actually the difference in the game yesterday.. The Pats defense was pretty good.. our offense was just better.. I do like what I see in Mac Jones.. I thought he was very patient in taking the open stuff that was showing on our defense. Those short throws weren't sexy but they kept the chains moving. Still that 75 yarder should have been a pick 6 for Kazee.. Why he chose not to make a play on the ball will always be a mystery to me. I think Diggs saw Kazee coming over and could see that he had the angle to pick it and take it the other way so he pulled up. Then when Kazee not only whiffed on the ball but even managed to avoid contact with the receiver Diggs gave him the WTH are you doing dude? look..

ultron

Reaction score
Someone started a thread earlier in the week saying Belicheck will take away 1/2 of our offense & Bloody mouth Bill committed to stopping the run thinking Dak can’t attack… boy was he wrong.

Reactions: BAT

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Sure, but if they had let the TD stand , it would be blow out long before ( would have been 27-14) and Pats would have been forced to pass more and not run ( their running with OL holding - with no calls for us, is what gave them the 3rd score ) they went up 21-20.

Dont forget the penalties which took away so many plays 120 yards.

Right on, what kept NE and Belichick in the game were Dallas' own self inflicted wounds. This game should have been at least 2 TDs difference at least. Winning in spite of this makes this game victory great.

Flamma

Reaction score
six it seemed like goal line defense between the 30s at times LOL

Yeah, they clearly wanted to limit the run all game. Still rushed for over 100. But I'd hate to be in Billy's position on that last play. Cowboys had a 1st and 10 from the Bills 35 yard line. Already in FG range. No way could he allow Dallas to get closer, even if it was just 5 or 6 yards. They were selling out on the run. Play action from under center was perfect. It held up the D long enough for Lamb to get by them. Once he was clear he had the entire field wide open with 1 guy covering him. Dak hit him in stride and that's all she wrote. Lamb made it look easy.

I hope they utilize that play more often when teams load the box. Keep running out of it all game and hit them when they least expect it. Because Lamb could have gone 80 yards.

Flamma

Reaction score

Oh ok, agreed. But Bill was in a bad position there. He could not afford to allow Dallas to gain any more yards. No way is he showing 2 deep with Dak under center. He probably thought the Cowboys were playing for better FG range.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Okay, but none of that matters because what happened happened.

All of that happening made this anything but an easy game.
We have shot ourselves in the foot many times this year to make games that should have been easy very hard. A couple of our games should have never been close even in the first half. It is gonna burn us eventually.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
We have shot ourselves in the foot many times this year to make games that should have been easy very hard. A couple of our games should have never been close even in the first half. It is gonna burn us eventually.
How anybody can say the Pats game was an easy win is beyond me. It should have been much easier than it was. Mental mistakes combined with a bad head coach made what should have been a game that was over by the start of the 4th quarter into an OT thriller.