Twitter: Dallas Ran this same play 15 times

HungryLion

Reaction score
Oh ok, agreed. But Bill was in a bad position there. He could not afford to allow Dallas to gain any more yards. No way is he showing 2 deep with Dak under center. He probably thought the Cowboys were playing for better FG range.

Yeah. The patriots were cooked at that point either way. Would have taken one of their defenders just making an amazing play at that point to stop the cowboys.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah. The patriots were cooked at that point either way. Would have taken one of their defenders just making an amazing play at that point to stop the cowboys.

Yeah. I remember on one mischief night I walked on to a porch of some huge house behind a gate I scaled. I knew they were away so I took liberties with soap art. Little did I know I had two dobermans smiling at me when I turned around. They were silent and smiling. I had to sit there for over 12 hours. It was not pleasant.

What does this have to do with the game? The Cowboys called the perfect play to counter the Pats D. It couldn't be more perfect. No way is anyone covering Lamb with the entire field at his disposal.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, they clearly wanted to limit the run all game. Still rushed for over 100. But I'd hate to be in Billy's position on that last play. Cowboys had a 1st and 10 from the Bills 35 yard line. Already in FG range. No way could he allow Dallas to get closer, even if it was just 5 or 6 yards. They were selling out on the run. Play action from under center was perfect. It held up the D long enough for Lamb to get by them. Once he was clear he had the entire field wide open with 1 guy covering him. Dak hit him in stride and that's all she wrote. Lamb made it look easy.

I hope they utilize that play more often when teams load the box. Keep running out of it all game and hit them when they least expect it. Because Lamb could have gone 80 yards.
you mean Pats?? LOL did they chnage the name to the NE BIll Bellecheats?

that goes to last nights game

Bills tie the game or go for the win i mean if MM lost that game like that well hes a gonnner in the Zone..that was stupid..i get being aggressive but thats a chip shot 3 go to OT and you basically threw the game.

so MM is not alone is some crazy 4th and short calls passing on fgs or fake punts and kicks...i see it league wide and this place thinks the coach should coach form the Coaching calls for dummies' old school handbook and that's not the case anymore..

the LAC coach does this weekly and MM is getting burned for his decisions while most made sense in the heat of the battle.we are 5-1 enjoy it

Flamma

Reaction score
you mean Pats?? LOL did they chnage the name to the NE BIll Bellecheats?

that goes to last nights game

Bills tie the game or go for the win i mean if MM lost that game like that well hes a gonnner in the Zone..that was stupid..i get being aggressive but thats a chip shot 3 go to OT and you basically threw the game.

so MM is not alone is some crazy 4th and short calls passing on fgs or fake punts and kicks...i see it league wide and this place thinks the coach should coach form the Coaching calls for dummies' old school handbook and that's not the case anymore..

the LAC coach does this weekly and MM is getting burned for his decisions while most made sense in the heat of the battle.we are 5-1 enjoy it

MM has made some head scratchers.

Dumb Decisions: The Most POINTLESS Timeout EVER | Mike McCarthy | Cowboys @ Patriots (2021) - YouTube

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
3 times back to back on the final OT drive. I guess if it's not broken, why fix it?

It was noticeable on the game winning drive. The alignments were slightly different each play, but same personnel groupings. Romo even mentioned this twice during the drive.

1. Pollard off tackle.
2. Play-action rollout pass to Schultz(1st read)
3. Play action rollout pass to Lamb(2nd read)

Even the play that got nullified by the timout was going to be the same play-action pass.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I watch more then our team and seen many and i mean many plays calls and decisions just like that sorry man but its new nfl ..you agree with Bills basically not going for tie and for sure OT and i know they win this game..so they used that same MM book and it states to win the game on 4th and one at the 2 is better then a tie? its says win now or most likely you lose..whos truly correct,,not us as fan we do not coach nor pay in the nfl..

ive seen BILLB punt when he shouldn't that's old school and we got the ball back and immediately won the game and few games ago he attempts a 56yard fg in the pouring sideways rain with gimpy kicker on 4th and 3 when maybe the new book says go for it.. whos right?

, new school Mike or Staley and Pederson won a SB doing these strange things in 2017.. . i see LAC do this nearly all the time the same stuff MM does.. i mean look around its the new game analytics vs old school thinking but in game live decisions coaches are caught in game situation between new and old school thinking but they have 20 secs to decide.

IDC what you think our coach is not a moron hes doing what many are now doing and sometimes it looks bad..

Flamma

Reaction score
I watch more then our team and seen many and i mean many plays calls and decisions just like that sorry man but its new nfl ..you agree with Bills basically not going for tie and for sure OT and i know they win this game..so they used that same MM book and it states to win the game on 4th and one at the 2 is better then a tie? its says win now or most likely you lose..whos truly correct,,not us as fan we do not coach nor pay in the nfl..

ive seen BILLB punt when he shouldn't that's old school and we got the ball back and immediately won the game and few games ago he attempts a 56yard fg in the pouring sideways rain with gimpy kicker on 4th and 3 when maybe the new book says go for it.. whos right?

, new school Mike or Staley and Pederson won a SB doing these strange things in 2017.. . i see LAC do this nearly all the time the same stuff MM does.. i mean look around its the new game analytics vs old school thinking but in game live decisions coaches are caught in game situation between new and old school thinking but they have 20 secs to decide.

IDC what you think our coach is not a moron hes doing what many are now doing and sometimes it looks bad..

I don't have a big issue with what Mike does most of the time. His clock management is suspect. To me analytics is horse crap. If that was what Fat Mike was doing against the Patriots, he had to change his tune at the end didn't he? Analytics doesn't say anything about the flow of the game you're currently in. He saves the game by going for the game tying FG at the end.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If the patriots were in the right defense to stop it. Dak and Kellen would have ran something else.

That’s what’s great about having a QB with Dak’s experience level and familiarity with the offense. He knows what plays to call and changes to make at the line, to account for the defense.

Dak, mentally is at a whole new level of play.
It’s amazing.

+1 .....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't have a big issue with what Mike does most of the time. His clock management is suspect. To me analytics is horse crap. If that was what Fat Mike was doing against the Patriots, he had to change his tune at the end didn't he? Analytics doesn't say anything about the flow of the game you're currently in. He saves the game by going for the game tying FG at the end.
and yet they are doing it all over sports..horsehockey or not its whats going on..its here get used to it..

now when you become an NFL SB winning hc let me know because your opinion on how he coaches is horsecrap that been buried and new fresh horsercrap was piled on top..:eek:;)

got it keyboard hero fan coach, MR. fantasy living forum boy..lmao:muttley:

these threads are hilarious and ridiculous that anyone who simply watches football think they gave clue to actually coach and play the game at this level..

news flash YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE.

like i said some of the old school way of thinking is being blended with the new and its sometimes confusing to fans but ill tell you thins mikes not clueless hes has reason in live got to make split second decisions, as to why he called or not called what he does/.

hes not a moron, hes not stupid, hes not clueless.. is he perfect, NO but while the game was happening he did what he felt was best at the time.. all the little pundits in here and even in the media that want to believe this somehow can lose a big game in big moment, maybe are forgetting the calls are one offs and when we are not playing the panthers giants or pats and in the playoffs you truly believe MM is going to go for it on the first drive like he did last week or the he called in the giants game??

you are the clueless one..lets discus that when we get there but remember who we are playing and when we are playing them to get bigger picture on why a coach might be more or less aggressive and go against old school thinking or apply new school analytics..

So when and IF MIke does this and loses us a game in the payoffs over a stupid to you decision, we can talk at this Point it hasnt cost us a real game in a real situation..

please dont site last year when MM had no other recourse but to throw it all out there because we were going lose anyway. And all those believe somehow if he made different decsions, we could have won the east at 7-9 instead of losing it at 6-10 somehow would have been better..umm no it wouldn't it worked out draft day and if that could have happened and we were WFT, sorry but i say im not all for any type of tanking but MM in 2020 game 7 and beyond was just using those games as preparation for 2021 it was over...

but again which real games since hes been here when we had shot at anything big has any of his decisions lost us game we should have won??

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I almost still can't believe we got CD Lamb at 17.

Me either. As our pick got closer I just kept waiting for some team to jump up and grab him. Couldn’t believe he was on the board when our pick came up. Unreal!

Reaction score
Someone started a thread earlier in the week saying Belicheck will take away 1/2 of our offense & Bloody mouth Bill committed to stopping the run thinking Dak can’t attack… boy was he wrong.

I think it would be more correct to look at it from the perspective that Bill was trying to give his team the best chance at winning, so in the "pick your poison" decision he chose the lesser of two poisons,,,, and they almost won a game they had no business being in.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Also, looking at the formation, Zeke can run it up the center as an audible. He could come in as a blocker or as the video shows.. run out to the flat. So many options with this.. and it only works if you have a great oline.

I know there was a period during the "career killer regime" when we all got sick of the delayed handoff but I have been thinking it's time to bring it back. With Zeke coming in front of Dak to block so much, I think we could do major damage by going play action and then putting in his cradle like Tony used to.

Let the defense take themselves out of position and pop it up the middle. Would also slow down teams trying to abuse CWill & TB.