Dallas Ranked As Having The 9th-Worst Offseason In The NFL

ESisback

Reaction score
:clap:
Technically, 15-2. Zuerlein literally cost Dallas 3 games. Including the season opener vs Tampa missing 3 three pointers. But it's Dak's fault. "He can't beat good teams". Hilarious everytime I see someone post that.

ONLY on paper!

IMO, there’s persuasive arguments in both sides….

OL: We lost Collins and Williams, but how much did we actually lose? Collins’ impact had been minimal in 2021, and Williams was a holding machine because of lack of strength. On paper, Tyler Smith is far superior, but is a rookie. Besides, the Eeyores would argue Smith is a holding machine too, which would seem to validate their negativity. But I say his problems are more coachable. After TC, preseason, and a couple of regular season games, the LG should show a definite upgrade. At RT, Steele is not an upgrade for the Collins of 2016-2019, but definitely an upgrade from 2020-2021. I worry about LT depth, but anything could happen. Overall, IMHO, up!

WR: Lost Cooper and Wilson, gained Washington and Tolbert. While Coop’s numbers were down, he still drew coverage, helping the others, and no one could get open like him. Wilson was a good backup, but Washington should suffice as a replacement. Tolbert? A rookie, plus Gallup will miss the first few games, so at this moment, WR is weaker.

TE: With the addition of Ferguson, by mid season (barring injury), upgrade

RB: Zeke will be healthy, one would assume Pollard would see a few more touches per game, and we picked up Nall, who should help as a FB and on ST. With the upgraded OL…up!,

Overall, the offense should be more consistent, and combined with a defense poised to take another step up, I’m intrigued by the possibilities. Injury and officiating will play a part.

Rayman70

Reaction score
IMO, there’s persuasive arguments in both sides….

OL: We lost Collins and Williams, but how much did we actually lose? Collins’ impact had been minimal in 2021, and Williams was a holding machine because of lack of strength. On paper, Tyler Smith is far superior, but is a rookie. Besides, the Eeyores would argue Smith is a holding machine too, which would seem to validate their negativity. But I say his problems are more coachable. After TC, preseason, and a couple of regular season games, the LG should show a definite upgrade. At RT, Steele is not an upgrade for the Collins of 2016-2019, but definitely an upgrade from 2020-2021. I worry about LT depth, but anything could happen. Overall, IMHO, up!

WR: Lost Cooper and Wilson, gained Washington and Tolbert. While Coop’s numbers were down, he still drew coverage, helping the others, and no one could get open like him. Wilson was a good backup, but Washington should suffice as a replacement. Tolbert? A rookie, plus Gallup will miss the first few games, so at this moment, WR is weaker.

TE: With the addition of Ferguson, by mid season (barring injury), upgrade

RB: Zeke will be healthy, one would assume Pollard would see a few more touches per game, and we picked up Nall, who should help as a FB and on ST. With the upgraded OL…up!,

Overall, the offense should be more consistent, and combined with a defense poised to take another step up, I’m intrigued by the possibilities. Injury and officiating will play a part.
Dak wasn't why we lost. He was why we won mostly. He and the defense. We got wore down last half of the year in the trenches and that's why we lost. That's why we are getting bigger. Dak gives us a chance every week as long as he has the big uglies doing there job.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak and the defense will need to carry us early on. My hope is we can find a running game by mid year that can carry us down the stretch. That means we need Tyron healthy.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Completely mismanaged off-season…..Jerry was exposed for all to see and it should be obvious to 100% of people now that the problem with the Dallas Cowboys is and always has been him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Fact, if we can't run the ball consistently when November rolls around, we will not get far. It's a simple game guys. Good defense coupled with the threat of a running attack wins playoff games. All the teams in the post season last year proved this.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Completely mismanaged off-season…..Jerry was exposed for all to see and it should be obvious to 100% of people now that the problem with the Dallas Cowboys is and always has been him.
He never understood how to adapt his thinking once the salary cap era began. It exposed him and Stevie. We are still stuck in spin cycle as a result. Could this change,if only for 1 magical season? Sure. Anything can happen,but it won't be because of him and Stephen. It will be in spite of.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stephen may be worse btw

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
so a team that had all these players that the cowboys cant do with out still couldnt figure out how to win a wild card playoff game really didnt see any of these players step up and make a difference in that game when all the chips were on the table

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I don’t think that’s unfair on the grade. But it’s the type of thing that’s on paper and Will need to
Play out over the year

Rayman70

Reaction score
I rank Stephen Jones HERE.
56e94cb2792aa495773843.gif

Ken

Reaction score
Not sure who does these so-called rankings. Even Bleacher Report chimed in on this ranking. Just don't agree with this one. How about you @Ranching ? Our football guru's opinion is....?!

"What went wrong: It’s clear the Cowboys wanted to sign Gregory, and it’s never a good look when you announce a deal, only for the player to then head elsewhere. Reports have suggested they tried to add language into the deal after the fact, so it seems fair to blame them for the Gregory deal falling apart. Gregory looked like a superstar for stretches in 2021, so it’s not going to look great if he continues to keep that up in Denver.

Dallas’ cap gymnastics forced the team to part with Amari Cooper in a salary dump, trading him to the Browns for a fifth-round pick. My preference would have been to keep Cooper, whose numbers fell a year ago in part because the Cowboys simply had too many weapons on offense, but they didn’t have the leverage to extract meaningful value in exchange for the 27-year-old’s services. He’s not on the same level as Davante Adams or Tyreek Hill, but acquiring him didn’t cost close to as much as those two did in terms of draft capital, while his contract isn’t as expensive and has more flexibility."

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...season-in-the-nfl-amari-cooper-michael-gallup

https://thelandryhat.com/2022/04/14/cowboys-bad-offseason-grade-nfc-east-bleacher-report/
Look who had the 5th best offseason last year...and look at the list in General.

Who cares what these idiots think?
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...browns-buccaneers-and-chargers-reign-supreme/
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...browns-buccaneers-and-chargers-reign-supreme/

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Player wise it was ok, would I have liked to see coaching changes heck yeah

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
so a team offensive coordinator had all these players that the cowboys Kellen Moore cant do with out still couldnt figure out how to win a wild card playoff game really didnt see any of these players step up and make a difference in that game when all the chips were on the table
FIFY :muttley:
Jerry made Stephen
The ole apple never falls far from the tree.

kevm3

Reaction score
9th is being generous. This was one of the worst offseasons the cowboys have had in a long time. We let some of our better talent go and replaced them with rookies in the draft. We're hopping Williams can replace Gregory's production. I'm guessing Tolbert is the Wilson replacement. Amari is a big loss. It's amazing that this team literally thinks they draft so well they can win on drafting alone.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I hope all the Anal-ysts keep predicting that the Cowboys will fail. Better to start at the bottom so you can only go up. Seems each time I hear how bad my team is going to be, they end up doing much better than anticipated. It's when they are supposed to do really good, they end up with a 4 and 12 season. jmho
:hammer::popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak wasn't why we lost. He was why we won mostly. He and the defense. We got wore down last half of the year in the trenches and that's why we lost. That's why we are getting bigger. Dak gives us a chance every week as long as he has the big uglies doing there job.
:hammer: