Dallas Ranked As Having The 9th-Worst Offseason In The NFL

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys have lost more experienced players than are being replaced with the level of experience necessary to replace them. The odds are against us to keep up with the competition needed to compete at a level equal to that of last year. Therefore, we will very likely regress if that experience is not replaced at all in the weeks ahead. Stephen's policy of ignoring veteran free agency is detrimental in that regard. It's an ongoing disadvantage. :oops:

I'll be a happy camper if an experienced veteran OT is brought in to replace Tyron if and when he's unable to compete due to injury. ;)

Last edited:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
One upgrade no one is talking about ........ Quinn is returning. As for the offense, I think it comes down to healthy players. Looking back at the season, we learned, Dak, Zeke, Coop, and Tyron were playing through injuries. Add CW and Collins's struggles.......

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
One upgrade no one is talking about ........ Quinn is returning. As for the offense, I think it comes down to healthy players. Looking back at the season, we learned, Dak, Zeke, Coop, and Tyron were playing through injuries. Add CW and Collins's struggles.......
I was refreshed to hear it.

Praxit

Reaction score
...so letting go Gregory, made off-season fair? ..lol.. Might of been best decision these bozos have done.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The media and some fans are in their year around bashing form.
Cowboys year will. E tied to the oline, just like last year. Personally I don’t think they did enough. I might have dumped smith as well and used the money to sign a tackle.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah man. I’m gonna feel great about all that cap space when the cowboys get bounced in round one of the playoffs again.

I’m glad the cap space makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but just let this crybaby know when the cowboys win something.

All these “great offseasons” the cowboys have had and nothing to show for it yet.

You can be excited if you want. However, those of us that actually want to see results on the field aren’t being crybabies. We are just calling it as we see it.

you can continue to fluff the cowboys FO though if that makes you feel good.

if they make the playoffs that will be great. This is a transition year.

its not excited, it’s about understanding roster management and football.

plasticman

Reaction score
They don't know.

How many undrafted free agents have made the Hall of Fame as Dallas Cowboys?

There are three undrafted Cowboys in the Ring of Honor, there is also two 7th and one 10th round draft choice,

Eight Dallas Cowboys drafted in the 7th round or lower have been selected to three or more Pro Bowls.

Those who manufacture these lists are not prophets. They are guessing based on some perceived expertise. if they are so talented in this area then why were they not snatched up by some NFL team? They must have a great view from the cheap seats.

Flamma

Reaction score
Basically, your theory is largely based on luck.

It is. Because the Cowboys don't change what they do. It's like driving the same way to work every day, and at the same speed. One day you get there 10 minutes early because you didn't catch any lights and the traffic was light. Not because of anything you did.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah man. I’m gonna feel great about all that cap space when the cowboys get bounced in round one of the playoffs again.

I’m glad the cap space makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside but just let this crybaby know when the cowboys win something.

All these “great offseasons” the cowboys have had and nothing to show for it yet.

You can be excited if you want. However, those of us that actually want to see results on the field aren’t being crybabies. We are just calling it as we see it.

you can continue to fluff the cowboys FO though if that makes you feel good.

Every Cowboys offseason is the same. None of them are great. What we've seen this year is what we've seen since around 2014, maybe 2015. It's just this year Dallas shed a little more dead skin than usual.

As fans we have to hope for two things. That Dallas finds an occasional pearl in an oyster during FA. And that their draft is very good.

This isn't the same Jerry that went out and got TO, Haley, and D. Sanders. Or traded the house for Galloway. Moved up for Claiborne. We're not going to see that anymore. The best we got was a trade for Cooper out of desperation.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We had a lot of key contributors on the last years of their rookie contracts, and then we hit on a lot of el cheapo free agents.

They were going to get paid this year, and we didn't have the money to pay all of them. It was *inevitable* that our talent would drop off.

That's what made the playoff loss so disappointing. Everything went our way last year, and the best we could do is get humiliated at home in round 1.

The most obvious upgrade this offseason was to dump Philbin. Instead, we dumped Collins.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
I don’t think La’el, Gregory, or Cooper is the difference between the Cowboys winning or losing in January 2023. Cooper gets in CeeDees way. It is time for him to be the number 1 receiver. La’el would have led the league in penalties over Williams if he didn’t get suspended for 6 games. Gregory had three dominant games out of the 11 games he played last season. Let’s let the season play out. I bet by the end of the season the Cowboys defense will be better then last season and the team over all will be tougher.
La’el and Gregory were a must to keep. Like was said…. Too little money left to spend.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can’t imagine that 8 teams had a worst offseason than we did. This is the worst off-season I can remember with the Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
La’el and Gregory were a must to keep. Like was said…. Too little money left to spend.
Steele will be better then La’el especially for the money. Williams and Armstrong will have a combined more sacks/pressures then Gregory this season in my opinion.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Supposedly Sam is playing linebacker in the OTAS. I am interested in how Quinn lines up this defense. Gholston is the starting 3 tech. He is 6’5 270. This defense will be versatile and you won’t know where the rush is coming from.
Hold off saying Golston being starting 3T. It’s my understanding that he is a base strong side DE, who can kick inside on the nickel. Osa wasn’t practicing and he or Gallimore will be the starter most likely at the position

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hold off saying Golston being starting 3T. It’s my understanding that he is a base strong side DE, who can kick inside on the nickel. Osa wasn’t practicing and he or Gallimore will be the starter most likely at the position
Gholston is what they wanted Crawford to be. He will come in with the second unit and play on the line. Osa is the starting 3 tech no doubt but it is telling that the Cowboys put Gholston in with the starters with Osa out. I think the Cowboys like Hill more then most fans. I think Bohannon and the old Houston veteran tackle are at the most risk of being cut. I think the Cowboys can hide Bohannon on the practice squad like Hamilton last season. So looking forward to training camp.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
The people ranking our offseason and draft and throwing shade on our moves, are either casual fans, fans of other teams, or really don't know what they're talking about.

First of all, the offseason isn't over. But we've done well. We have a great UDFA class, and we also drafted well. Our draft is highly underrated. And it'll take a season to prove that. But these players will prove it faster than most draft classes we've had.

Plus, we still have time to identify weaknesses, and fill them with veteran FAs, if we need to.

I like that they're exercising patience.

If you really think the Eagles are in a position to compete with us for the division, you need to put down the pipe.

It all starts with the QB. And even if they play their best QB, Carson Strong, he's slow as molasse and is a rookie coming off a knee injury. So he's got some obstacles to overcome before he's a real threat.

I suspect the Giants will likely be the 2nd best team. But they're not even close to competing with us for the division.

If we get our offensive line playing with the right chemistry., the sky is the limit.

On paper the cowboys had a horrendous off-season. So yeah. I would say this grade is fair.

Nobody can look at the cowboys off-season (on paper) and honestly believe they got better this offseason.

That may change because football is weird like that. But as of right now. Yeah. It doesn’t look promising.

No one?

I'll say it. I'm somebody, so you can't say no one.

We got better this offseason.

Addition by subtraction with Cooper gone, and Randy The Penalty Machine Gregory walked away from the team that stood by his NFL career so he could even have one. Talk about no good deed going unpunished.

Screw that guy, though. Shows lack of heart. And you need heart to win. Penalties never help, either, Randy.

We definitely got better this offseason. People are forgetting Gallup was simply hurt last year. He's capable of an 1,100-1,300 yard season too.

And we have a whole bunch of guys on the bottom of the WR roster.

Plus, guys from our 2021 class are making strides.

So, we got better.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Gholston is what they wanted Crawford to be. He will come in with the second unit and play on the line. Osa is the starting 3 tech no doubt but it is telling that the Cowboys put Gholston in with the starters with Osa out. I think the Cowboys like Hill more then most fans. I think Bohannon and the old Houston veteran tackle are at the most risk of being cut. I think the Cowboys can hide Bohannon on the practice squad like Hamilton last season. So looking forward to training camp.
I agree, Bohanna could clear waivers and go onto the ps. Yes, Golston will be used like Crawford, more of a run player at multiple spots

Cmac

Reaction score
I love silly claims that are impossible to prove or gauge at this stage.
By Week 5.......enough will be on film to detect about players and coaches, and who this board will begin to single out. Blaming Zeke for the offense, excuses for Cee Dee, clamor for TPollard, counting Dak's money, excuses for KMoore. Blaming Lawrence for the D, overlooking LVE play, watching Anthony Brown get scorched, blame on Quinn, more excuses for KMoore to be HC. Blame on Big Mike. There it is.