Twitter: Dallas rejects trade offers for LVE

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
As far as current and future guys, I think there are alot of questions if Cox will ever be a 3 down guy or just sub package guy. How is game progress as a pro will probably go along way towards wheather we look to keep LVE or draft someone else

Jaylon had that question too coming out, and he had at least 1 worthwhile season to squash the concerns. Now I think it's more of knowhow rather than anything to do with his knee. Maybe Cox impresses

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There is no option to extend if he plays out his 4th year. It would be a new contract. Dallas would be competing with the rest of the league. That's why they lost Byron.
That's not true. They can franchise tag him and then negotiate a new deal without the rest of the league interfering. But this won't happen unless he balls out in the coming season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I doubt we'll see LVE make a punishing hit on a RB or TE in space again. Bookmark this
Edit: in a cowboys uniform at the least
Noted for future reference. The Wolf Hunter has much more hunt in him. :thumbup:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jaylon had that question too coming out, and he had at least 1 worthwhile season to squash the concerns. Now I think it's more of knowhow rather than anything to do with his knee. Maybe Cox impresses
With Jaylon I think its both. His lateral agility is not where it was before his injury. His diagnosic skills never developed either, and combine those two and you have the Jaylon we have today

conner01

Reaction score
I follow your logic, but if the team think he will play well they are in control of bringing him back (potential tags), or have an inside track since he is already here....or the option of letting him go and getting probably a 4th.

That all goes away if traded.

If that offer is only a 3rd....then not worth it.

If the team thinks the player isn't going to perform well enough, then of course make the deal.

I dont think the team wants to lose its entire 2018 draft, and whichever of LVE or Gallup has the better season will likely be retained. I don't see how Williams earned a 2nd deal or how Armstrong fits.
I’d take a 3rd but I’d rather trade jaylon
We need one of them for depth
LVE if he can stay healthy can be an impact player
His future depends as much on Cox as what he does
If Cox can be a viable replacement then there is no reason to pay LVE
I’m not as sold on cox being a complete LB as some
He can really cover but can he be a run defender is the real question with him

conner01

Reaction score
If the trade would not net close to what they expect to get for him when he walks why trade him. Maybe a player for player trade I could see but conditional 5th to 7th I would keep him and gamble you will get more when he hits FA.
If I could get a 4th then I’d rather have the 4th next year than a year later
The comp pick would be a 2023 picks and the trade would be a 2022 pick

conner01

Reaction score
With Jaylon I think its both. His lateral agility is not where it was before his injury. His diagnosic skills never developed either, and combine those two and you have the Jaylon we have today
The diagnosis skills is the big issue
You can overcome the physical part if you diagnose a play quicker

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The scheme that Mike Nolan wanted to use last year was obviously not taught well to the players. It's even possible that wasn't entirely Nolan's fault because of the restrictions put on them due to the pandemic. However, the results were, everyone looked lost. Nolan lost his job for good enough reasons. A year later we see what a real DC does to install his scheme with Quinn being so hands-on. Everyone will know what to do in his scheme so there will be no repeat of the "lost" season of 2020.

With that said, LVE will also be playing with purpose and a mission. I expect him to have a comeback season and then re-sign a decent new contract but not ridiculous like Jaylon's deal.

rambo2

Reaction score
Note to fans. They are not getting a 3rd round pick for either of their linebackers and they are not going to trade the excellent depth that they have.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I could get a 4th then I’d rather have the 4th next year than a year later
The comp pick would be a 2023 picks and the trade would be a 2022 pick
I think if the final result is getting a 4th we all would prefer to have it next year than the year after, but it seems to me deferring that 4th for 1 season might be a pretty small sacrifice to preserve the chance to see if the neck is entirely healthy and LVE can become the LB it appeared he would be a couple of years ago.

conner01

Reaction score
I think if the final result is getting a 4th we all would prefer to have it next year than the year after, but it seems to me deferring that 4th for 1 season might be a pretty small sacrifice to preserve the chance to see if the neck is entirely healthy and LVE can become the LB it appeared he would be a couple of years ago.
My preference would be trade jaylon and that frees up money if you decided you wanted to keep LVE after this season
We need one for insurance but we don’t need both to me
And a 4th a year sooner is kinda huge to me
And a 4th round comp is not guaranteed
You could easily get no comp

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
So they tried to trade J.Smith but won't trade LVE. Sounds like they'll re-sign LVE at some point this year, then trade J.Smith next year.