Drafted by Cowboys Dallas selects LB Micah Parsons at 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big_D

Reaction score
im not draftin' for a choir.
i want football playin' dudes.
and #11 is a football playin' dude.

they been drafting RKGs for years. That term alone is nauseating and sad. And no surprise it amounted to absolutely nothing! We’ll see how he handles himself as a Cowboy!

Reactions: CWR

chicago JK

Reaction score
I would have taken Slater, but we will see with Parsons.

It is really not fair to judge a prospect off his true sophomore game film. You would expect to see growth from Soph to jr. It would have been great to see him play last year. If he game developed last year, his probably goes a lot higher.

LB is a collision position so it is a high injury position. It is also a position where instinct is so important. So I guess we really won't know until we see him play. It may take a little while too.

But there is no doubt there are not very many people on this earth with his athleticism and size.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Homers..

Imagine liking this pick.

Hopefully for our teams sake he can play backwards and we didn’t just draft another Jaylon which it looks like right now.

I think the Cowboys still think football is played like it’s 1993.

Jerry keeps trying to replicate the early 90s because it's all he knows. Stephen has only worked for Jerry - no one else would give him his lofty position.

This team isn't going anywhere as long as those two are calling the shots. We have 25 years of history to prove it.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
I guess we will find out

I remember Irvin winning the Miami-Florida State battle when he played for the Canes and he outran everyone , including fellow future Hall of Famer Deion Sanders..........Has this kid made a play anywhere near that ? I am not happy with this pick

I hope I am completely wrong

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I was a bouncer at Charlie's on SPI, the largest spring break club in the world back in the 90s. I saw plenty of drunk kids. They were kids and did stupid crap like many of us did. Zeke was never proven guilty of anything. There were many more indiscretions by many of our former cowboy heroes. It's all BS. If you don't like or condone our players, why root for the team.
I hear ya.

CWR

Reaction score
I would have taken Slater, but we will see with Parsons.

It is really not fair to judge a prospect off his true sophomore game film. You would expect to see growth from Soph to jr. It would have been great to see him play last year. If he game developed last year, his probably goes a lot higher.

LB is a collision position so it is a high injury position. It is also a position where instinct is so important. So I guess we really won't know until we see him play. It may take a little while too.

But there is no doubt there are not very many people on this earth with his athleticism and size.

I liked Slater too. I think that bubble burst when the FO evaluated him as a guard. I imagine he'd have played guard initially then slid over to tackle. If they didn't think he could make the slide it probably gave Parsons the edge. That and our horrific LB play.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I remember Irvin winning the Miami-Florida State battle when he played for the Canes and he outran everyone , including fellow future Hall of Famer Deion Sanders..........Has this kid made a play anywhere near that ? I am not happy with this pick

I hope I am completely wrong
Go watch his tape as a true sophomore he was dominant and you knew he was on the field

Big_D

Reaction score
We already lapped a first round Oline and won nothing while the D has been pure garbage. We can find plenty of D later apparently, but we can’t do that on the offensive line?! The d was the worst it’s ever been! How is anyone still wanting offense??? Unreal.

diekrazy

Reaction score
I bet he does look forward to tackling Elliott, kind of like how he tackled his teammate he was accused of sexually assaulting.
Simply not true, he was accused of instigating the hazing of that kid. Seems like it was a group of about 4 players that were named as being the hazers. He was never named as being the sexual assaulter. He at most instigated the hazing behavior and got into a fight with another player and had a knife drawn on him during that fight.

aria

Reaction score
Simply not true, he was accused of instigating the hazing of that kid. Seems like it was a group of about 4 players that were named as being the hazers. He was never named as being the sexual assaulter. He at most instigated the hazing behavior and got into a fight with another player and had a knife drawn on him during that fight.
If you’re sitting there instigating a sexual assault, you’re just as guilty for not stopping it. Disgusting. Call it hazing but that is greatly diminishing it what it really was, which was sexual assault against a teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.