Dallas should explore Dak trade value

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Anyone that is willing to trade Dak really isn't a fan of the team. The guy has done nothing wrong to be traded, is a natural leader, and has enough weapons in front of him along with his skill set to make the Dallas Cowboys successful long term.

Anyone thinking he is in the Bortles or Tannehill tier of starters are really out to lunch. I would put Prescott at par with QBs like Dalton, Mayfield, Winston, Tubinsky, Watson, Cousins, Wentz and Smith. All good QBs that have won nothing in this league, but have a skill set to lead a team to a championship with the right pieces around them.

There are only so many Brady's, Rothlesberger's, Rodger's, Luck's and Bree's in the NFL that actually are Tier 1 QBs. All the others have their own skill sets and will need others to help lead a team to a championship on offense.

People need to layoff Dak, I have seen nothing but progress in the guy. He himself hasn't lost games for the Cowboys. Bad play callings, team defense and other intangibles (Zeke suspension, NO WR1, and NO TE) caused issues.

He is the long term leader of this team and solution to ending our championship drought. We must believe in the process and plan.

:rolleyes:

So much reasoning based on terrible cliches.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I would say finding out his trade value while working on a deal would be prudent. It may not be what you want to do but if he wants way too much money and you find you can get several high picks, it may change your mind. I don’t think there would be of a market but I’d at least find out.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Anyone that is willing to trade Dak really isn't a fan of the team. The guy has done nothing wrong to be traded, is a natural leader, and has enough weapons in front of him along with his skill set to make the Dallas Cowboys successful long term.

That's taking it a bit far.

I like Dak, but if some other team is going to give me the ammunition in a trade to move up and get a top QB prospect that I can have on a 5-year rookie deal--I do that for the team. The QB on rookie deal with a great team around him is the winning model -- only unless you happen to have an elite QB. Which, again, I like Dak, but he's not elite.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I would say finding out his trade value while working on a deal would be prudent. It may not be what you want to do but if he wants way too much money and you find you can get several high picks, it may change your mind. I don’t think there would be of a market but I’d at least find out.

High pics as in low 1sts, no thanxs.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That's taking it a bit far.

I like Dak, but if some other team is going to give me the ammunition in a trade to move up and get a top QB prospect that I can have on a 5-year rookie deal--I do that for the team. The QB on rookie deal with a great team around him is the winning model -- only unless you happen to have an elite QB. Which, again, I like Dak, but he's not elite.

With Cooper he is.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
After Stephan comments about Dak needing to sign team friendly deal and Dak on record as saying there will be no discount...an impasse is coming. Rather than get into issue of is Dak good or not, what could Cowboy get in trade if long term deal can't be agreed upon.

Note:
Denver received TWO 1st & 3rd for Jay Cutler
Cincy received 1st & 2nd for Carson Palmer
Eagles received 1st & 4th round pick for Sam Bradford.

If your Stephan, what would you need back in trade?

Note: this is not to get into large debate about if Dallas should or shouldn't do this but merely an exercise in what you think his current trade value is.
well my first thought is the teams you listed are better at trading and getting good value, much better than the jones boys are.
When has dallas ever traded a star player?? never , the jones boys just dont do it.

What is his value? that is hard to say, it depends on how bad other teams might want him, and what the jones boys would want or ask for.
I would say he is worth what eagles got for bradford, but we dont have their gm making deals for us.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I think if Dallas tried to trade Dak right now I would say he might bring a 1st but there aren't many teams that would be interested. There are a lot of teams that are set at QB or are developing a first round QB already.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think if Dallas tried to trade Dak right now I would say he might bring a 1st but there aren't many teams that would be interested. There are a lot of teams that are set at QB or are developing a first round QB already.

Not enough to pick up the phone imo.

zerofill

Reaction score
Dak just wins. Haters like yourself will just hate. I don’t see how you can watch him play and then make a post implying he sucks.

I don't hate Dak... and my post wasn't ripping him up.

I was just stating my opinion on what I consider facts as I see them.

Other people see something else. I don't see what they see.

I watch every game,and could care less what stats show.

Obviously NFL analysts and media seem to see things the same way for the most part.

Dak is not a $30mil QB, he just isn't... But, the market is what it is...

The contract needs to be made in a way that there is an easy out, if a prodigy comes along...

Right now, there is no one to replace him, so it isn't even a discussion right now..

But, Dak will only hurt Dak with a crazy contract...

His future success, is based on his supporting cast period.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
High pics as in low 1sts, no thanxs.

That’s fine but at least you would have determined the market. Here an offshoot question from your point. Should I be paying my QB like a top 5 QB when I can’t even trade him for a high 1st round pick? Assessing his trade value would be invaluable information in determining where to draw the line on his salary demands.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don't hate Dak... and my post wasn't ripping him up.

I was just stating my opinion on what I consider facts as I see them.

Other people see something else. I don't see what they see.

I watch every game,and could care less what stats show.

Obviously NFL analysts and media seem to see things the same way for the most part.

Dak is not a $30mil QB, he just isn't... But, the market is what it is...

The contract needs to be made in a way that there is an easy out, if a prodigy comes along...

Right now, there is no one to replace him, so it isn't even a discussion right now..

But, Dak will only hurt Dak with a crazy contract...

His future success, is based on his supporting cast period.
You see not what I see. I see a QB who was put into the starting lineup as a rookie and excelled. His leadership qualities are superior to most QB’s. Most people apparently have no clue what that means. I see a QB who won’t give up in the 4th quarter. I see a winner and his record proves it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
........wait for it........because Dak has only 3 years in the league. What was Peyton Manning, Rodgers Brees or most any of the others stats their first 3 years.......hint not a Superbowl champ. Again trying to compare a finished career or almost finished career to a 3 year player, yep makes sense.
Wilson? Brady?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I wish this narrative would go away.

Average WRs
TE on the tail end of his career
An OC that everyone on this forum hates
Best line in football. One of the best RBs in football. WR group made average by Dak's limitations but a WR that demanded doubles still as did a TE who was always receiving attention and a shifty slot WR who got single coverage and could easily beat it routinely.

Best. Rookiie. QB. Situation. Ever.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Passing game takes a step back? Do you ever look at the stats or just say random stuff with no substance. Dak has scored 22 passing TDs in every season. Had he went 25 then 21 then 15 i would understand but he is hitting his average and improving. He started the season out with what to throw too and once he got a legit receiver what happened. Stop it with this nonsense
so you admit Dak needs a lot of help to succeed. like a #1 WR, #1 TE, #1 OL, #1 RB....so could anybody else do better given those resources around them?