Dallas should hire Fangio today

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I expect the Broncos to hire a HC from the offense side.

I was just thinking that it seems odd that a team with no QB would look to bring in a defensive coach. They need to find someone to develop a young QB.

Not to mention their last 2 coaches are Fangio and Joseph and neither one worked out or could get the offense going.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Good call. But if that happens, maybe we bring in Gus Bradley?
We gave Quinn all that say over personnel and the draft last year.

They need to stick with the exact same system and promote his right hand man, I guess Edwards.

We cant start over yet again on defense.

All these long armed dudes.....I mean, based on logic and what I've read, I doubt he is leaving, but still....

Sometimes HC interviews are about getting outside info and he isnt a bad guy to ask, but I think it's a bad hire by Denver (redundant) and also a bad choice by Quinn unless they acquire Wilson or Rodgers.

He isnt winning without a QB and he isnt getting a third shot.

lqmac1

Reaction score
IF Quinn takes the Broncos job, I would assume either Fangio or Zimmer would be the next DC.

It’s a big IF though. I don’t think Denver is that appealing of an opportunity as it’s being made out to be. Take away Peyton Manning and they are Jaguars irrelevant.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I am actually shocked Fangio was fired. The Broncos were a competitive team this year and lost their starting QB when they still had a chance to make the playoffs. Consider the moves the Broncos front office made. How do you blame that on Fangio. They drafted a CB when they were rich in CBs. They trade their best DE in the middle of the season yet their defense was still pretty good. It was their offense that let them down.

If they think a new head coach like Dan Quinn is going to come in and do better than Fangio, I think they are very wrong. They need a QB. Quinn will not make the defense any better than it is.
That’s why I don’t see Quinn going there. I’m sure they’re interested and will interview, but they probably prefer an offensive minded coach.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
One defensive regime at a time, Hoss. DQ isn't even gone yet and we don't know if he will be gone.

visionary

Reaction score
What exactly do the Cowboys "stand for"? And how do you know which coaches don't like it?

the Jerry Cowboys stand for glitz and glamour and preening without having done anything and sensible people who know football don’t like it

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like a players coach like Quinn... talks about himself a lot bit of a blowhorn... may not work with the Cowboys. Too many stars...

fivetwos

Reaction score
Whoever we hire I guess needs to like guys with long arms.

Id still be really surprised if Denver and Quinn is a match.

I mean, you fire a guy like Fangio to go in a different direction.

That's the same damn direction!!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Lots of good options for Dan Quinn's eventual replacement now that they have two defensive cornerstones in Parsons and Diggs. Mike Zimmer, Gus Bradley (if LV's new coach doesn't keep him), Fangio, or my pick would be Patrick Graham from NYG if/when they clean house

calico

Reaction score
I don’t think I can do the GROZ movement again on here.

Loso86

Reaction score
Fangio had great game plan for Dallas who was rolling red-hot. He was great against the Cowboys and really dialed in a defensive scheme to shut down Dak, Zeke and the receivers. Fangio could break down film of the upcoming opponents and assist the defensive coaches in film prep. He doesn't even need to work with the players. He can be a hired gun to help scheme opponents and cut film. Vance Joseph and Dan Quinn were cast-offs that proved they have expertise. What if Quinn leaves?

From wiki, "Fangio’s defenses have consistently been among the most productive in the NFL in a number of categories, including scoring defense, total yards allowed and fewest penalties. His defenses have ranked in the league’s top-five in yards allowed in eight of the last 13 years while placing in the NFL’s top-5 in fewest points allowed seven times over that span".

A 5 week contract.

Go Dallas!!!
:clap:
Umm why would they do that

Portnoy1

Reaction score
I just saw he was fired and if Quinn leaves, I would hire him as DC
I would wait and check Zimmer's fate. If they give him the Axe I'm taking Zimmer immediately, if retained then I'm getting Fangio.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Imagine Micah in 3-4 OLB, he would wreck QBs and would break the single season sack record

Hayseed

Reaction score
I expect the Broncos to hire a HC from the offense side.
Packer O.C Nathaniel Hackett. ARod wont want to learn a new offense and terminology when he goes to Denver this offseason. Hackett makes the most sense. Plus the 2 already have a good working relationship.

Xeven

Reaction score
Quinn will retire a Cowboy. He is loving being DCDC. If he had HC chops he would still be in Atlanta. Sometimes enjoying what you do is better than having the harder job.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Fangio had great game plan for Dallas who was rolling red-hot. He was great against the Cowboys and really dialed in a defensive scheme to shut down Dak, Zeke and the receivers. Fangio could break down film of the upcoming opponents and assist the defensive coaches in film prep. He doesn't even need to work with the players. He can be a hired gun to help scheme opponents and cut film. Vance Joseph and Dan Quinn were cast-offs that proved they have expertise. What if Quinn leaves?

From wiki, "Fangio’s defenses have consistently been among the most productive in the NFL in a number of categories, including scoring defense, total yards allowed and fewest penalties. His defenses have ranked in the league’s top-five in yards allowed in eight of the last 13 years while placing in the NFL’s top-5 in fewest points allowed seven times over that span".

A 5 week contract.

Go Dallas!!!
:clap:

What is this fascination with fired coaches and waived players.

If I am not mistaken, Ed Donatell, not Fangio, is the D coordinator for the Broncos.
So why is Fangio a defensive genius?